What's the safest/nicest part of Hous...
Rev Wright

United States

#23 May 25, 2011
I still say that Montrose is best!

United States

#24 May 25, 2011
Nope... The East side of Houston where the air is fresh and clean.

Pearland, TX

#25 May 25, 2011
2trutwin wrote:
The area near Lake Houston is nice. But no matter where you live in Houston just watch your back. Traveling and working during the day is as safe as it gets. Being out at night is not a good thing in Houston unless you are with a lot of people.
And just who is doing all this crime ?
fruit bat alert

New York, NY

#26 May 25, 2011
4th ward
Seeker Seeking Seeker

New York, NY

#27 May 25, 2011

United States

#28 May 26, 2011

United States

#29 May 26, 2011

Since: May 11

Houston, TX

#30 May 28, 2011
I prefer Clear Lake, Leahue City in the east and the Bear Creek area and Katy in the west.

United States

#31 May 28, 2011
Rev Wright

Buffalo, NY

#32 May 29, 2011
Central Jail

Dallas, TX

#33 May 29, 2011
David D wrote:
Hi I'm about to start a new job in the Houston area later in the year and I'm looking for a nice city or suburb. A relative told me they had heard that the areas west & north of the city are where most of the upscale people moved & where crime rates are the lowest.
Can anybody offer any recommendations?
Thank you.
Honestly, it depends on how much money you have. Memorial, River Oaks, Montrose, even the heights if you have the dough. There are pockets of luxury even in the dumpiest of neighborhoods. I'm in Spring Branch..... which has it's good and bad, keep in mind however the Branch is very culturally diverse so if you don't mind that..... I personally love it. You might be likely to get a bike or lawn ornament stolen here, but violent crime is low for a city like Houston.

Houston, TX

#34 Aug 27, 2011
My ladi and I just moved to Houston 2 months ago, we live in the Champion's area off FM 1960. Although the traffic is hell, everything you need is in the area and its pretty quiet so far for the most part. Very nice houses over here from 100k on up to 1mill +...also very nice apts with very reasonable rents ($450-$1000 1-3bdrm)! I would highly recommend for the newcomer to the city. Downtown Houston is about 30-45 mins away depending on traffic by the way, good luck!!!
monique gutierez01

United States

#35 Mar 18, 2012
Spingbranch, Airline, Pasadena, Galleria Area, Bayarea, Greenspoint, Exit Wayside, South gessner, Magnolia, La Porte, Bellaire, Montrose Etc. Are All Badass & Crunk !! But Not That Safe.

United States

#36 Mar 19, 2012
Bellaire is really nice as well as river oaks, but you have to have a good amount of cash. Greenspoint used to be alright but now it's all trashy. I'm from the Spring area the schools around there are all pretty good. And if you're looking for a nice home in a nice neighborhood but not for a bad price Champions Forest is a good one. Champions Cove is nicer but the homes are newer. Those are really good even if you have children. If you don't mind how the neighborhood looks Charterwood and Mejistic Oaks are alright and the neighbors are for the most part nice. Anyway I hope this helps.

Florissant, MO

#37 Mar 19, 2012

Stafford, TX

#38 Mar 19, 2012
Midtown and the Heights are nice to me.

United States

#39 Apr 3, 2012
Montrose, river oaks, anything west of downtown, heights(be careful for arsonists), kingwood, midtown, bellaire, 6th Ward, Riverside oaks( i think that's what it's called), even 3rd Ward isn't that bad, just stay south of Alabama street in 3rd Ward.

Houston, TX

#40 Apr 3, 2012
Any Lowes...the day laborers like living there....

Houston, TX

#41 Apr 2, 2013
I have lived in Houston since 81 and you can find pockets of nice everywhere. Unsafe areas to stay away from are Greenspoint (Gunspoint) sharpstown (stabtown) , pasadena (stinkadena) northeast, to name a few. Clear lake/league City, New Pearland, are good southeast areas. Woodlands/spring is wonderfully (north) and kingswood..(far northeast 59) Katy and midtown on the west side.
Kids Fashion

Spring, TX

#42 Apr 2, 2013
I live off of 1960 and TC Jester. I regret moving here from League City. The upper income areas north of 1960 are great but close to on the south side of 1960 me are the apts where the EMTS have to have police protection to due their jobs.Stay away from the bus routes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Houston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for boy 3 hr Heyman01 4
News Canned Acoustica keeps Discovery Green fresh 15 hr Walter glen stockton 2
how many gangs in houston! (May '10) Sat Swap them from vi... 240
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Houston Heights Sat Gettysburg Sausag... 21
News More Fri Walter glen stockton 2
Want a Bridge via Republicans-Trump-U.S.Transpo... Mar 16 REPUBS-R incompetent 2
News The oldest town in Texas beckons for an off-the... Mar 16 pedro lopez garcia 8

Houston Jobs

Personal Finance

Houston Mortgages