Questions still unanswered in hit-run fatality at bus stop

Prosecutors have more questions for a 21-year-old Houstonian accused of killing a woman waiting for a bus in a February hit-and-run. Harris County Assistant District Attorney Warren Diepraam said Monica Aguilar ... Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tuesday

Houston, TX

#1 Apr 9, 2007
Tomorrow is April 10 and we go to court to see Monica Aguilar and to hear if The state is finally going to take her to trial. I can't wait I miss Lisa so much. This was my first Easter that I spent without my little sister. I knew her for 34 years and I spent 33 easters with her I have great memories but I would trade all just for her to spend 1 more with me. I hope Ms Aguilar enjoyed her easter with her family because I certainly hope it will be her last for a real long time. I hope Justice does what it is supposed to do and punish the criminal. I can't wait I am hurt beyond imagine, no one in her (Aguilar) family could feel what I feel at this moment. I hate her and I hope with all my heart as big as it is she suffers the rest of her LIFE!!!!!!!!
BRANDY

Houston, TX

#2 Apr 11, 2007
As we went to court yesterday to face Monica Aguilar again, she came in just a smiling until she saw us. Seems that she has been able to sleep at night too. None of us can. I see Ms. Aguilar killing my Best Friend every time I close my eyes. It seems her life is going on just fine for now. I'm sure her Easter was just perfect with all her family there to hug and console her. I'm not happy to say ours was not. Instead, lots of tears and hurt. Easter was hard, just wait for the other holidays. Monica you can be rest assured that we will be in court to see you until you are punished for your senseless crime. We go back to court May 4th. Hopefully then justice will start.
observing

Houston, TX

#3 Apr 17, 2007
This girl should be ashamed of herself. But I am sure that she has no kind of remorse.
caroline

Houston, TX

#4 Apr 20, 2007
I hope this person that did this horrible act gets punished to the most extent of the law. My heart goes out to the victims family. The other family still has a physical person to hold on to and talk to so I don't feel for them.
adrianna

Dallas, TX

#5 Apr 21, 2007
caroline wrote:
I hope this person that did this horrible act gets punished to the most extent of the law. My heart goes out to the victims family. The other family still has a physical person to hold on to and talk to so I don't feel for them.
what is you talkin about
caroline

Houston, TX

#6 Apr 23, 2007
adrianna wrote:
<quoted text>what is you talkin about
Ms. Garcia was hit and killed by Ms. Aguilar. Then Ms. Aguilar cowardly got off her car and looked at Ms. Garcia lying in the middle of the road dying. And the coward took off only to turn herself in a week later. Ms. Aguilar's family has a physical person to hug, Ms. Garcia's family has to visit a cemetary.
Sonia Garcia

Houston, TX

#7 Apr 29, 2007
Well here we go again, Friday May 4 is our next trip to Harris County Court House, I hope again I get to see her "monica Aguilar", not to insue violence in the court room but just so she can see me, Lisa looked alot like me so when she sees me, I hope she gets chills down her spine, I hope she starts to sweat just knowing she caused this pain and suffering to me and my family. And too her family as well, I can't imagine that they are not ashame of their daughter, sister or whoever family she has looking at her a killer, murderer. Yes she killed somebody, an innocent somebody just waiting to go home. Again Monica your words or tears don't mean a freakin thing to me.
Brandy

Houston, TX

#8 May 2, 2007
I will be there too. As you can read the days don't get better for our families. I want Monica to finally be indicted for her stupidity and the cowardless choices she made. I still can't imagine how she could hit my Best Friend and get out and look at her lying in the road and just leave????? What kind of person does this?? That says alot about her. A selfish, coward who only thinks of herself. As for you and your family holding on to your crosses in court..... you should have done the right thing at the crime scene. It's alittle too late to do anything now but you should have prayed that Lisa would have lived and to be okay instead of F'n leaving her to die you murderer. I will see you Friday in court.
Tricia

Houston, TX

#9 May 2, 2007
I work with Brandy, and I have personally seen the pain that she has been through as a direct result of Ms. Aguilar's actions. She did not only take Lisa's life, she took a piece of everyone who loved Lisa. I only hope that this horrible, despicable murderer gets what she deserves. Anyone who can look at a person that they just hit with a car and leave them in the road to die deserves what they have coming to them, and if she doesn't get it in court, she will get it when she meets her maker.
Brandy

Houston, TX

#10 May 7, 2007
Well, once again this murderer is still out walking around free as a bird and my Best Friend still gone. Justice still hasn't been brought upon this girl who killed Lisa. Court was delayed again until May 31st. I can't wait to see this murderer behind bars where she belongs. She shouldn't even be able to leave her home knowing that she carelessly drove her car into Lisa at a high rate of speed. Knowing she killed her, she got off her vehicle and looked at her lifeless body and ran. Like the coward Bitch she is.

Since: Apr 07

Houston

#11 May 11, 2007
Well I am really trying to cope, it is very hard but I am a strong female just like Lisa was. Well Monica I will see you on the 31st Yes I will be there. Sunday is Mothers day and Lisa won't be here to bask in joy looking at my babies, my two babies she helped me bring into this cruel world I know she is looking down at me saying I got your back sis I am always going to look out for our babies Danielle & Jaquelynn. Me and Lisa shared so many great moments together, she was there on the 3 happiest moments in my life, When I gave birth to my girls and when I said I DO. I am only sorry because I can not return the favor to her. I miss her terribly. Happy God Mothers Day Lisa!!!!!!!!!!
Brandy

Houston, TX

#12 May 23, 2007
Monica,
I just wanted to remind you that in my time of need I can't talk to my Best Friend because of you. There is so much I need to talk to her about. I really to hear her reassurance of life but I can't hear her because of you. You have NO IDEA what you have taken from everyone who loves her. See you May 31st!!!!
Observer

Coppell, TX

#13 May 25, 2007
I to, have lost love ones to senseless crimes. I know how much it hurts! But, reading all of the curse words and hatred seems so senseless! I believe Monica should be punished, but her family did not commit the crime. Keep your focus and don't let hatred lead you in the wrong direction.

Houston

#14 May 31, 2007
Observer wrote:
I to, have lost love ones to senseless crimes. I know how much it hurts! But, reading all of the curse words and hatred seems so senseless! I believe Monica should be punished, but her family did not commit the crime. Keep your focus and don't let hatred lead you in the wrong direction.
You know who ever you are, Let me tell you something, You lost someone so you say. Well Lisa was my sister, my best friend, And I will curse when I want, how I want and to who ever I want. So if I want to curse the shit out at Monica I will you nor anyone else will ever stop me, and when I am in the ground 6 ft deep, my curse words will still be heard and directed to who ever needs them. As far as hatred, oh hell yea I hate that bitch, I cringe everytime I see her, and you want to know why, Because she walks around like she did nothing wrong. She still drives, she talks on her phone laughing to her friends, and I am pretty sure she gets I love yous from her family, she don't show that she is sorry that she took a life. Now answer me this ?. If you were to see the person who took your loved one would your curse or swing! Trust me if I swung I am taking alot of somebodys out! But if you were to meet me I will repect you as long as you respect me, and I will not curse.

Houston

#15 May 31, 2007
Well I just had to let out some steam.... if your read above. Any ways we went to court again, and again it was reset to June 22. But thats ok, I got to see the lil bitch, and I am sure she saw me, dam you can't miss me as big as I am. but I am not going there. I saw her she was free and smiling as was her family mom, dad grandma. They sit there like my little girl, didnt mean to hurt anyone, WELL SHE DID, SHE IS A FUCKING KILLER. SHE DESERVES TO BE PUNISHED! Now to some that might be a little hard coming from me, but you know I am very upset that this person who fled the scene of a crime a murder scene at that is allowed to walk free, laugh free like she did nothing wrong. Hell yea I am pissed. Once again I am letting off steam, so don't get to close cause I might burn ya. ha Well i am going to end this one now
See you June 22 MONICA!
What would Jesus do

United States

#16 Jun 15, 2007
Sonia, it seems you carry alot of anger, you should try getting some counseling. I'm sure your sister was a good person. As good people we must be able to forgive, as Jesus Christ taught his followers. Do you even know the true meaning of Easter?
There are many ways to let off steam (ie. working out), think of the example you are setting for your children. In time this girl will meet her creator and only he can decide if she will dwell in the house of the Lord.

Houston

#18 Jun 18, 2007
To What would Jesus do , Well you tell me, what would he do? You obviously know the answer because your asking if i know. Well I am not Jesus, nor do I make my self out to be something close to the kind of person he is. And you are right I have alot of anger inside of me, I have never denied it, but do I need counsling? NO FUCKING WAY! for the simple reason is My anger will go away once this killer is punished. I know it would not bring my sister back, nor will it make my life better, but I would feel better about life. I firmly believe eye for eye, so I am giving the justice system a chance to work for the good people who don't do no harm to no-one. Just go to work take care of family when needed and live a good happy life. You see My sister was one of those good people and for you to ask me at this time to possible forgive Monica Aguilar, no I can not. Because when you make a mistake you answer for it right away, She made a big mistake, she broke a commandment "Thou shall not kill" And she did. So no I don't forgive her, she left my sister on the ground with her head torn open, her body crushed she left my sister lifeless. Picture that in your head happening to one of your sisters, any one of your family members and imagine that person looking down at what they did and just running away. If you can say that it don't make you angry that I call you out "LIAR". So getting back to your question "What would you do?" As for an example I am setting for my kids, My kids do not see me upset, I talk to them about what happen to Lisa and I comfort my girls when they cry for her, so the way I see it I am setting a good example for kids, I am being a great mom, just by paying attention to them 1st and only to them I answer to. When they get older and I hope that they never feel the hurt that I do they will always remember mom you were there you were strong you took care of all of us. And I will take care of all my family till the day I join my sister.
What would Jesus do wrote:
Sonia, it seems you carry alot of anger, you should try getting some counseling. I'm sure your sister was a good person. As good people we must be able to forgive, as Jesus Christ taught his followers. Do you even know the true meaning of Easter?
There are many ways to let off steam (ie. working out), think of the example you are setting for your children. In time this girl will meet her creator and only he can decide if she will dwell in the house of the Lord.
The Our Father

United States

#19 Jun 19, 2007
Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
AMEN
Rose G

United States

#20 Jun 19, 2007
Are you serious? Or is this a joke... Lisa was a great person, beyond great, she was awesome. Forgiving someone like Monica is not an option for this family...

For you to come in here and criticize Sonia for letting off her 'steam' just shows that you are a sympathizer for those who are murders. Those who have no conscious... Those who leave a dying person under a car.

I can see you have not lost a daughter, son, husband, wife, sister, brother... someone who touched your life in such a way that only God and Jesus know what type of pain and suffering you are going through. For Sonia, I see her handling this way better than what I expected. And, if you were to know the family... you, too, would see that in this time of sorrow, the family has held up better than most.

The true meaning of Easter... Hmmm... let me think... Sonia only spent every Easter with Lisa for the purpose of celebrating a time of resurrection. As well, celebrating family and love. This, my friend, is why Sonia is so hurt and distraught over this. Ms. Monica was able to spend, and will be able to spend later, many more Easters, Christmas' and Thanksgivings. Holidays that Lisa will be forever missed.
What would Jesus do wrote:

Houston

#22 Jun 25, 2007
Well we went to court on Friday 6-22-07. Monica Aguilar has been indicted on both charges criminally neglegent homicide as well as failure to stop and render aid. How do I feel we I do feel a little bit better than I did. It still is not going to bring Lisa back. Now we go to trial, now wether this justice system of our is going to work for us, we who knows. I only hope. I also want to point out that I can longer make any kind of " issue " directed at you know who because it would be like I am making a threat to her. She told her lawyer that I was so now I have a complaint against me so basically I have to shut my mouth. If I am remembering right MY SISTER WAS KILLED BY MONICA AGUILAR SO DON"T THAT MAKE ME THE VICTIM? Anyway I am not going to say much these next few blogs, but I don't want anyone to forget LISA was the innocent one here, she is nl longer breathing, laughing, talking on her cell phone to the one she loves, and yet "she" MA is enjoying life. If I wanted to get to her I would have already but that is not the answer for me. I said all along that I would let the justice system work for Lisa and I am going to abide by the rules of the court and shut up., because I know in the end everyone pays when they do wrong. And when you take a life the ways my Sister was taken from us we are not the ones she will answer too in the end.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Houston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gov. Perry likely to make croooked Governor hi... 5 hr The Sage of Main ... 3
Is Cajun a poor person? (Sep '12) 5 hr russel 2
Galveston County Daily Bulletin and Arrest Summary 8 hr Jagudu 3
WND news 10 hr Larry 1
Texas lawmaker married five times files error-f... Tue Kellys Hair 42
Why are White people so racist, jealous and hat... (Jun '13) Tue very king 483
The Mayor Is a Pedophile. How Straights Can Pun... Mar 2 mike tirico 43

Houston News Video

Houston Dating
Find my Match