First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Steven

United States

#1 Mar 14, 2008
Recently I have been hearing stories from my friends about a so called "bum palace" in Southeast houston. They tell me that it is a place where there are an unknown number of homeless people gathered in the forests off of Buffalo Speedway. They say that they have heard stories of other attempting to walk into this place and being attacked by dogs and hobo armed with weapons. This may sound like a joke but I assure you it is not. Last night a few buddies and I went and scoped out the place. As we walked down the path to the entrance we came up upon three shopping carts blocking the trail. Past the carts there were ditches with a bunch of broken glass and barbed wire (i guess placed as traps). Being that it was too dark to continue into the woods we decided we will go back another time during the day and see whats going on.
Here's a link to a map of the location. You can see that furthur into the forest there is a junk yard and supposedly a "hobo palace/masion"

http://maps.google.com/maps...
Steven

United States

#2 Mar 14, 2008
Also, do not take this lightly. Please do not attempt to go here unless you are able to run quickly or are armed. Has anyone else heard of this or know of any info on it?
Officer Farve

Houston, TX

#3 Mar 21, 2008
im a former houston policeman and i also have had to investigate this so called bum palace. we have found that it has been there over 10 years now and is ran by over 150 vietnam war veterans. after interviewing one of the homeless veterans we learned that they stole scrapes from construction sites and have their own breeding ground for attack dogs. though the police do not want to get involved for political reasons. please do not go there, they have been known to carry firearms and machetes. there has also been a case of three teenagers being sent to the E.R. after visiting there. Do not go there...
Jeff

Houston, TX

#4 Mar 22, 2008
dude. ive been there with a couple of buddies. just don't go.
patio

Houston, TX

#5 Oct 3, 2008
Dog, its worth it.... go with sum big guys and weapons
Rillo

League City, TX

#6 Oct 5, 2008
it was crazy they crawled out of holes in the ground and had boobie traps and i was chased out by sopposidly a vietnam war veteran with a poison dart gun. I was also bit by one of them and I now have a rash that will never go away
Patio

Houston, TX

#7 Nov 9, 2008
One of the bums came up to me and just busted a nut right in my face to blind me
Mario

Seabrook, TX

#8 Nov 20, 2008
jimmy, bobby, and rooni didnt make it. but i ran past the bushs and into the parking lot and i thought i was safe... i turned around and there was 50 of em in wheel chairs comin after me! if it wasnt for the bayou they would have got me
Mario

Seabrook, TX

#9 Nov 20, 2008
and as i got away i saw some dude bust a nut in someones face
Desi

Houston, TX

#10 Nov 21, 2008
What a bunch of wimps !
Mario

Seabrook, TX

#11 Nov 21, 2008
i drove by to see what was goin on over there in the day time and there was shopping cart drag races. im never going down that road again
Dave

United States

#12 Dec 9, 2008
Is this place really that bad?
Jackson

Quinlan, TX

#13 Dec 15, 2008
its THAT bad. just dont go. they defend the place likes its the white house. guns, rocks, baseball bats, dogs...they will come after you with whatever they got. police wont even go back there to help you if you call em.
Andy

United States

#14 May 22, 2009
Place is pretty scary me and 2 guys walked back there didn't see any shopping carts but we walked down the trail until we got to what looked like a trailer house and a bunch of broken down cars but it was hard to tell because it was dark. We stood there for a while and a dog started barking so we ran back to the lot. Looked pretty real to me
Jason

Cypress, TX

#15 May 23, 2009
Ok I was a little skeptical about the whole thing. I heard all these rumors and I read the stories and I still had to see it with my own eyes. I went back there at about 11:45pm with 2 friends. As we walked along the trail it was very hard to see and feels like your closed in once you reach a certain point. I didnt see any shopping carts or traps so we proceeded. We came across this junk yard looking place and were prob 100 - 200 ft. away from it. A dog started barking and we stayed still and quiet. we had no weapons on us and we were determined to not let a dog scare us. After about 5 min. we went further into the junkyard. Things get really bad from here on. one of the homeless men came out of the woods and blind sided my friend with a bat to his chest. Multiple dogs were released and my other friend was shot twice in the leg. There were about 12 to 15 men that I could see. I ran as fast as I could back to where we started and saw the two buckets of water that are a post mark for the grounds. There are two men waiting by these buckets. They were prob. about 50 ft. into the woods and began to chase me as I ran back to my car. My friends were later sent to the ER after multiple police phone calls. Many police refused to go back there. I will never return. All I can do is warn you. DO NOT GO. It sounds like a joke and fun but unless you are with a group of people and you have nothing less but guns do not go. They do protect their property and it is almost impossible to escape once they know you are there. They know the woods much better than us, and it's like walking into a trap. Please do not go. believe me it's not worth your life.
btg

Sugar Land, TX

#16 May 2, 2010
dude we went back there a bum just slowly followed us and we only walked away from him, he recorded us leaving on his phone and followed us to the car. one of us actually talked to the guy
EVererttt

Houston, TX

#17 May 30, 2010
Patio wrote:
One of the bums came up to me and just busted a nut right in my face to blind me
yo patrick its everett i went there today with big mikey and got chased by 3 dogs one rotwieler doverman and a dinosaur crazy shit and the one chased mike t i would not advise visiting there ever again
:(
paul

Conroe, TX

#18 Sep 18, 2010
Aboult 6 months ago, i was in galveston with some buddies after a long night of fucking around. I fell asleap on the way to sugarland when my friend evverett woke me up. "Where the hell are we?" I asked. "Were just exiting to check something out" Everett replied. If anyones ever stayed up all night sober, then i assume you would know how i felt.
we walked down this trail,there was trash all along the sides of this ttrail to the unknown. The one thing that cought my eye was a bucket the said DO NOT ENTER!!! WE ENTERED AND A GUY STARTED FILMING US WITH HIS PHONE. HE HAD A DOG I THINK
paul

Conroe, TX

#19 Sep 18, 2010
WELL I WASNT SCAERD UNTIL HE LET THE DAMN
DAWG GO
Hmmm

United States

#20 Sep 24, 2010
Each and every one of you retards got what you deserved. Some of you idiots think it's fun to screw with folks down on their luck but I'd say you'd have to really be mentally challenged to mess with our nations former warriors, lol....
This whole topic is hilarious, thanks for a good chuckle guys!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Houston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
H Hookup (Jun '14) 14 hr ConPhart 15
Man Pulls Own Finger; Farts on Cars Near I10 (Feb '13) 17 hr RankPhartz 7
penny smith jones of river oaks,houston,tx 20 hr Stole Phart 4
News Houston rents still down, but the decline is sm... 23 hr RentsPhartss 1
News La Madeleine closes Rice Village store to make ... 23 hr RicePhartss 1
News Two arrested after 3 pounds of marijuana, $5,00... 23 hr PoundsPhartss 1
News North Texas woman reported missing found safe 4... Thu MissingPhartss 1

Houston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance