Review: 5 Star Autoplex

Posted in the Houston Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Kathy

Houston, TX

#1 Jun 15, 2010
I purchased a 2002 Chevy Tahoe from 5 Star Autoplex in late January of 2010. I lost my job April 1st 2010 and did not get another job until May. I had spoke to Westlake Financial and made arrangments to pay the 2 pmts I was behind and that time. They decided that they wanted to cancel the contract, so they sent a repo person to my job to pick my Tahoe up! I understand that they have to do what they have to do. This is my problem. They did not come in my place of employment to tell me they were taking me vehicle. Instead they waited until they were down the road to call me. All my stuff was in that car. I have a 2 year old little girl, Her carseat was in there. My wallet was in there also. with a 20 dollar bill in and 6 credit cards, a 10 bill in the ashtray along with some other loose money. I called 5 Star the Monday after they picked up they car and STEVE informed me that he did not have the car back yet but he would call me when he did get it back so that I could come and pick up my belongings. I called Steve several times over the next 3 weeks and he continued to tell me the same story. When I finally talked to him again June 15th 2010 he decided to tell me then that yes he had the Tahoe but none of my stuff was in there and he did not know where they were nor was that his probblem.

BEWARE OF THE CROOKS AT 5 STAR AUTOPLEX! THEY HAVE NOT HEARD THE LAST FROM ME. I WILL SEE THEM IN COURT ON THIS MATTER
Eddy Ray

Houston, TX

#3 Sep 8, 2010
Guess someone should've made their payments on time. Duh!
hanoi y

United States

#4 Feb 28, 2011
File bankruptcy they will have to give it back
Army

Houston, TX

#5 Aug 1, 2011
This place I cannot put into words, they tried to screw me so bad until I called a lawyer and even then they tried to act like they new the law better then a lawyer. Please people take it from a Army veteran who served in Iraq for 18 months do not go to 5 star autoplex. No matter how bad you think your credit is or how many places turned you down this is not the place for you. I promise you if you go there you will regret it.
Joshua

Houston, TX

#6 Jan 20, 2012
THE WORST DEALER. I called them about a car they had advertised. They said it was available, so I drive 50 miles to their dealer. When I get there they said it was out for the day. I give them another chance and call during the day. They said it was at the shop and they would have it ready. I get there and it wasn't. They ask me if i saw it online, I said yes, and they said " well that's what it looks like" then proceeded to ask me to fill out a credit app. AVOID this company at all costs. They are scammers!
Paula

Bellville, TX

#7 May 24, 2012
Five star crooks. I tried to make a payment over the phone several times and they kept telling me to call back when a certain person was there! I spoke to her finally on Saturday and was told I could make the payments on the 30th as long as I paid the full balance. Well lo and behold they send a repo man to get my truck and nobody said a word. My purse was sitting in the front seat and seems they would at least have the decency to let me get my purse. I have serious health implications and purse full of meds and I need them badly. Just called and asked how much I needed to get my truck and some smug sob says my note was excelled acted and I have to pay ten grand to get my truck. I'm going to get my stuff and I swear if anything is missing you will see a news flash at five star auto pled cos I'm gonna set it off because they are crooks and they don't care about their customers at all
Patty Bridges

United States

#8 Jun 16, 2012
I bought my car today from 5 Star Autoplex, and they treated me right! I love my new car, and they really worked to get me in the one I wanted! Thanks guys!
Guera

United States

#9 Jun 23, 2012
Why does the woman on the advertisment on saturday always dress so sluty maybe she should be working as a stripper instead of a spokes person you should look professional when trying to sell cars
123kgh

Houston, TX

#10 Jul 22, 2012
That is just to get people their to the car lot. Lets face it.When you deal with car lots that buy cars from auctions for wholesale then sell them to you for retail. Come'on now! If you sign a contract and promise to pay your note every month and they tell you to call them if you cannot pay that month and they will work with you. Always remember you sign a contract and they will come and get your vehicle and the law is on their side. READ THE FINE PRINT...... BAD CREDIT.. GOOD CREDIT... REPOSESSION... TAKE $3,000 to a dealer and you want have to deal with that with their financial institutions. Good luck lessons learned.
BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE

Euless, TX

#11 Jun 5, 2013
I Called them about Car- Drove all the Way there -
Car did not EXIST =
I told them to STIK where the Sun dont SHINE -
Beware ELEPHANT AUTO GROUP IS the SAME COMPAny
THEY TRY TO JACK THE PRICE OF THE CAR UP AT TE LAST MINUTE _ DEMEANOR YOU AND MAKE YOU FEEL DESPERATE _
TOLD THEM TO STIK IT ALSO _

WHATS BAD I KEEP GETTING PHONE CALLS FROM THERE
SALES PEOPLE TRYING STILL TO SELL E A CAR

DONT WALK RUN HE OTHER WAY
AS FAST AS YOU CAN >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE

Euless, TX

#12 Jun 5, 2013
Patty Bridges wrote:
I bought my car today from 5 Star Autoplex, and they treated me right! I love my new car, and they really worked to get me in the one I wanted! Thanks guys!
CHECK NADA BOOK AND KELLY BLUE BOOK VALUE ACCORDING TO YOU SALES
PAPER ON THE CAR _
THEN TELL ME AGAIN YOU THINK THEY ARE GREaT<<<<< <<
meia mendez

Houston, TX

#13 Jun 6, 2013
The same thing happen to me,I called about a truck they had advertised on craigs list when I drove all the way to their lot I ask where was the truck they told me it was at another store and that someone else wanted to look at it which I felt was a lie then they told me it was $2500 more than what they had advertised that what I saw was the cash price, bottom line it was all a lie they just put that truck on craigs list just to get you to their dealership.BEWARE
BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE

Euless, TX

#14 Jun 9, 2013
TOTAL CROOKS
LURE YOU THERE
LIE ABOUT PRICE
TRY TO SAY IT IS THE CASH PRICE
AND THEN HACK THE PRICE OF YOUR CAR WAY OVER
NADA AND KELLY BLUE BOOK
YOU GET THERE _ AND THE VEHICLE YOU CALLED ABOUT
HAS JUST INSTANTLY SOLD OR
DOSNT EXIST
TRY TO MAKE YOU THINK IT IS THE ONLY PLACE YOU
CAN BUY A CAR WITH BAD CREDIT
AND DEMEANOR YOU _________
AND THEN THERE STUPID SALES PEOLPLE KEEP CALLING
YOU AFTER YOU GET PISSED OFF AN LEAVE
ANE WILL NOT STOP CALLING YOU
BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE
ELEPHANT AUTO GROUP IN KATY
IS THE SAME COMPANY
BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE
B E W A R E
B E W A R E
Irrelevant

Houston, TX

#15 Jun 29, 2013
Scum of the earth liars.
DO NOT TRUST THEM FOR ANY REASON
Liz

Pasadena, TX

#16 Jul 13, 2013
STAY AWAY FROM THEM!! That's all I have to say.
Robin Dawson

Euless, TX

#17 Jul 13, 2013
They are a total rip off my brother purchase a car from STEvE SMITH at the 5 star off hwy 45 and the car never made it home. It broken down several times everytime they say they fixed it , come an pick it up it breaks down again and again. I WOULD NEVER SEND ANYONE HERE EVERY. Also I referred my brother here and never got a referral free I was entitled tooo. The manager also named STEVE is a complete Joke once they have your money they will never take to you again STEVE "the manager" will tell you to call he back b/c his busy or one of the receptionist will say he "STEVE "the manager"" is not there in which he's sitting his a$$ right there .

CARS ARE LEMONS
CARS ARE LEMONS

NO REFERRAL FEE
NO REFERRAL FEE
John Smith

Houston, TX

#18 Jul 19, 2013
DO NOT BUY, TRADE OR DEAL ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM FROM ANY OF THEIR 3 DEALERSHIPS IN HOUSTON (Northwest Frwy, Gulf Frwy and the Katy "Elephant Auto Sales") they are all 5 Star Auto Plex. This is a very shady, unethical, unprofessional, corrupt, crooked and lying organization. There are hundreds of complaints against them as well as law suits. It’s hard to say who the owners are but the “Managers” are worthless. Specifically the Manager at the Gulf Fwy location, Steve Ragsdale or Steve Smith, he goes by several aliases. He’s the White Male sitting at the front desk. He is arrogant, unprofessional, lazy and never returns your calls. They have the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
This Business seems to attract the worst sales people in the industry.

I called for a vehicle at the Northwest Fwy location, they said it was there but I showed up and nothing! It was actually at the Katy location. After I purchased the vehicle, the paperwork was a nightmare! They never follow up on anything. They don’t have anyone in charge. I believe this business may be owned by a foreign company or its being used to wash money for organized crime.

RUN THE OTHER WAY!!!!
Mary Jane

Houston, TX

#19 Jul 19, 2013
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.

Factors that lowered the rating for 5 Star Autoplex include:

39 complaints filed against business
Failure to respond to 5 complaints filed against business
2 complaints filed against business that were not resolved

Business Management
Mr. Mohamed Michmich, President

Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
39 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 10 closed in last 12 months Complaint Type Total Closed Complaints
Advertising/Sales Issues 10
Billing/Collection Issues 2
Delivery Issues 1
Guarantee/Warranty Issues 2
Problems with Product/Service 24
Total Closed Complaints 39
anonymous

Houston, TX

#20 Aug 12, 2013
worked there. lot of cars have been in accidents.
SARA ADAMS

Houston, TX

#21 Aug 16, 2013
I AM WRITTING IN CAPS FOR ALL THE PEOPLE WHO CANT SEE, I AM NOT YELLING. SARA ADAMS PURCHASED A 1999 STEPSIDE TRUCK FROM 5 STAR AUTOPLEX. WHAT A FOOLED MISTAKE. WHEN WE PICKED UP THE TRUCK EVERYONE WAS ALL AS NICE AS THEY COULD BE. I KNEW THERE WAS SOMTHING GOING ON. AS SOON AS WE DROVE IT OFF THE LOT, WE HAD THE EGR LIGHT COME ON AND OFF, THE COMPRESSOR WENT OUT, THEN WE TOOK IT TO ANOTHER MECHANIC AND GOT MORE BAD NEWS. TODAY I ASKED JULIO IF HE WOULD JUST PAY HALF OF THE COMPRESSOR. HE TOLD ME TO SCREW OFF. AS IT IS YOU SIGNED IT NO WARRANTY. THESE GUYS ARE CROOKS AND I WILL MAKE IT MY MISSION UNTIL THEY ARE OUT OF BUSINESS, THATS WHAT I TOLD THAT CROOK,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Houston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
flatulance 1 hr oil and gas 1
Dead cop. 1 hr Jury farts 2
News Texas Sheriff's Deputy Assassinated While Pumpi... 1 hr Propel farts 41
Lawrence Strempel and the murder of the Elliott... (Jul '14) 7 hr Store farts 7
Black lives matter 9 hr Hang farts 16
Adult Nursing Relationship ANR/ABR 9 hr Clear farts 7
News State Grant Program for Military Bases Gets Inf... 11 hr Tank farts 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Houston Mortgages