Need help with your home improvements...
KAL

Indianapolis, IN

#42 Jul 6, 2010
We bought a 1950's ranch style house with the garage under the house seven years ago. It is our first house. Since we have 3 boys and the house was only a 3 bedroom house, my husband and dad decided to turn the unfinished garage into a family room for more space. That left us with no garage, sooo they decided to build an unattached garage with a room on top beside the house. But, my mother decided that we needed to connect it with an enclosed breezeway. Now seven years later..the breezeway leaks and my sons get asks "which house do you live in?" To make my life more interesting and solve the leak, my husband plans to TRY to connect the two parts together by adding a second floor on the breezeway. I need your expertise before we have another DIY disaster.
Carey Johnson

United States

#43 Jul 8, 2010
We live in Ooltewah Tennessee. We are in our forever dream home. We have done work and are getting things the way we want them. Our master bathroom is horrible. My husband works on an oilrig off the coast of Australia so he is only home three weeks and gone four. He is very hand, but God love him he is slow. Everything must be perfect. I just want ouraster bath to be a tranquil get away. We are open for anything. Please help!!!!

Since: Jun 10

India

#44 Jul 13, 2010
Hi,
This is a good idea.I have to admit that when I have my television turned on, there is a good chance I will be viewing one of the programs on the Home and Garden channel (HGTV). There are a lot of interesting programs on this network. I enjoy watching people when they buy, sell and fix up houses.
These programs can be a great resource when it comes to the understanding mortgages, home repairs, decorating, and other aspects of home ownership.
Pam Barker Mgebroff

Dallas, TX

#45 Jul 31, 2010
Ever since my divorce four years ago, I can't get my act together to keep the clutter at bay, repair gutters after a careless roofing job, repair foundation, repair interior cracks and repaint after foundation work is done, and update in order to sell the home that my former husband and I co-own. Unfortunately, the maintenance has been totally up to me. I keep the yard looking good so I can avoid the jobs inside. And as of the end of the school year, I am out of a teaching job and am searching for a new one, but the distraction of the still-remaining clutter from college
son, former spouse, and my teaching resources is driving me nuts. I can't focus, and I just procrastinate and don't get anything accomplished, and I can't get anyone to help. I've tried. Any help here?
divorced mom needs help

Santa Rosa, NM

#46 Aug 2, 2010
Hi what about Clayton New Mexico I live in a 100 yrs old home and it needs alot of TLC and I have no one to help me and I would love some one to come to my house and give my a Tuscany look in my front and backyard. So Please help me I feel like crying because I can't afford to get this house on how I want it so please come to Clayton New Mexico thanks. Im willing to send you pictures on what my front and backyard looks like. I have entered in several shows but no one seems to want to come and look at my house. I have a car port and I need a garage but again Im willing to send you pictures of my propety. so please help me divorced mom
Ohio Home Doctor

Dayton, OH

#47 Aug 14, 2010
Ohio Home Doctor Remodeling can help all those people in need of remodeling services in the greater Dayton Ohio area. visit http://www.ohiohomedoctorremodeling.com to see what we can do for you, or you could wait for HGTV to show up, you decide.
Dianne Roberts

Tifton, GA

#48 Aug 19, 2010
I am in the process of trying to open a veterans home. I have worked with the elderly all my life and I have a great respect for our veterans. Having worked in nursing homes and asssisted living facilities, I really see the need for private home atmosphere care for veterasns. My problem: I have found a house sutible for this venture, but it needs a lot of cosmetic work plus a few repairs. My husband can do some of the work, but to meet the criteria for the faciity it will need expert hands on. And from what I've seen on your show, you guys are just what I need. I would also need help financing the work. I don't know exactly how your show works, but I would really appreciate being considered for one of your shows.
Dianne Roberts

Tifton, GA

#49 Aug 19, 2010
please remove my previous post. Thanks
angelique farr

United States

#50 Aug 27, 2010
I'm a single mom who works verry hard just to survive my daughter and I have been living in our home for about eight mouths and the houe is already scarring me there's stuff wrong with the foundation the electrical and groutting around the tub I need help fixing them I don't need a lot done but the stuff that does I need help with expetioly the electric and founddation I'm scared for my child I m afread that she may get hurt with what's happening PLEASE HELP YOURS TRUlY ANGELIQUE FROM PIMA AZ
Jan McDuff

United States

#51 Aug 31, 2010
I have been dying to remodel my bathroom with an updated look forever! My husband calls me the terminator because there is no doubt that I can do demo but no way I could put it back together correctly.
I really want to learn and do this project for myself and to prove everyone wrong!!!
Please come here, I will serve you up some southern hospitality and great food! We don't miss meals around here...
You can reach me when you are heading this way at [email protected]
Thanks for your thoughts and consideration,
Your devoted viewer,
Jan McDuff
elaine carrillo-NM

West Palm Beach, FL

#52 Sep 5, 2010
Want an unusual project? The worst design ever for a passive solar sunroom, a complete disaster. The "sunroom" is in the middle of the house, rotten wooden beams, V-shaped panels on the roof that collect rain water. The perfect "how not to do this" example. It is about 400 square feet, has running water and electricity. This could be a dream room, but previous owners could not have planned a more perfect storm.
This is a very nice 40 year old home with this very, very bad interior room. We would be happy to send pictures.
reply to email [email protected]
This would make a great show because it can easily go from nightmare to paradise room. Thanks, the Carrillo Family, New Mexico
Diane Kibitlewski

Spring Hill, FL

#53 Sep 9, 2010
I'm a single woman living in a small town in Florida and I'm trying to do home improvements myself on my small home. I was just layed off and $$ is tight. I replaced one of my kitchen windows with french doors but, I don't know how to trim it outside or in so it looks good.(which will be the new dining room), Also I want to make my laundry room the kitchen, close in a screened in pouch for a new living room for that open feeling. Any suggestions or help would be wonderful. Would you consider coming to Florida? I watch HGTV all the time for new ideas.... the show is great!!
Robbie Odom

Clayton, MI

#54 Sep 11, 2010
My husband and I bought a 40's home thats been added on three times we knew it had problems when we bought it we just had no idea how many. Our chimney is pulling our house. New chimneys are made to fall not ours and we nee some piller work done before we can go any futher in are renovations. This cost about 10,000 my husnand is a capt. with North Charleston fire dept and I am a hair dresser and every time we fill we are getting a head to get this done something else happens. I know we are out of the area you are requesting but maybe one of your other programs could help us. Thank you I love all your shows.
Celeste Peery

Cincinnati, OH

#56 Sep 19, 2010
Hey Steve, Tennessee is where you want to be. I have a yard to die for, no I mean when you see it you want to die.I really need a porch covering, it rains buckets here and I can't get in my door because the roof valley is right over it, one of those brilliant design plans I guess. not only that my landing is to small and up about 4 ft. with no railing, I need help. come see me! [email protected]
Terri Robinson KCMO

Lees Summit, MO

#57 Oct 3, 2010
I need help living in hazards conditions.can't afford to fix. hopeing there is someone willing to help me.
Terri Robinson KCMO

Lees Summit, MO

#58 Oct 3, 2010
I need help living in hazard conditions. Can't afford to fix my house to make it safe. Hope someone will help me.
Mercedes Colon-Vargas

Merritt Island, FL

#59 Oct 5, 2010
Lost my job in 2006. Unable to find a job till date. Could not afford to stay in my E. Windsor, NJ home. I took my retirement money and purchase a forclosure home and rented the NJ home. The home was practically a shell and had been emptied for 1 year. I saved some money and had a contractor come in to start the work in the bathrooms and turn the garage into a master suite for me. Two years later the contractor is gone and I am in the same situation. I moved into the house thinking that by living in the house I would be able to continue the renovations. I have been trying to do the work with one of my sons. We don't have a budget, it just as I get money, lets replace the door, so we can at least be safe. I have been in the house since August and accomplished nothing to date. I have patched holes and started priming. I am so embarrassed as people pass the house. I don't have AC so I keep the doors open to get air. The windows are boarded up. That is the real reason I have to open the door. My back door is closed with a chair and I put my bike in front of the chair to warn us if anyone tries to get in while we are sleeping. My grass is high, in the front as well as the back. I have the yard I always wanted, but it looks like a jungle. I can't afford to buy a lawn mawer yet. So I pull the grass with my hand to keep it down. I have light in four of the rooms in the house only. I have a eleven year old daughter who is still wondering what happened to us mommy. I have no kitchen. I have a small refrigerator with a microwave on top of it. An electric burner to cook on or my grill in the back yard. My sink is a wash sink we hook up to the plumbing. I have two carts that were given to me which hold my pots and pans and the other holds my dishes. Flooring needs to be replaced. Please let me know what part of my home sweet home can you help me fix. We need your help despertately. Please share this message with all the HGTV shows. I am your # one fan. My TV is fixed toHGTV. All I do is watch and dream. Please help me. Thank you.
Sharmon Walters

Altha, FL

#61 Oct 23, 2010
Hello..........I've been trying to sell my house for the past three years. We need help with staging or remodeling. Please help!! We are getting desperate!! Love your shows and how you help people!!!!!
Coreen

Center Moriches, NY

#62 Oct 24, 2010
I live in Brooklyn ny I'm a single mother I paid someone 2000 to do my small bathroom he started the job and never came back the only problem is I live in NYC housing building my bathroom been like this since sept 7 we can't use the sink cause it not put toghter the tiles on the walls are half way done I bout everything do u think u could help me please.. All I wanted was a nice bathroom I can't afford a house so I was making my apt nice.... [email protected]
Coreen jemmott

Center Moriches, NY

#63 Oct 24, 2010
Sorry I wasn't finish.. I bought everything I have it all please help me.. Please... My e mail is eyes4uzz.@aol.. I didn't even have the money and this so called contractor ran off with my money and didn't finish my bathroom.. I just need it to be grout on the floors and walls and my shower head and shower poles up and a paint job I have everything I just don't know how to do it.. I been stress out over this thank u

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Improvement Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marvin Windows (May '07) May 26 proactive 427
News 21 simple ways to earn passive income May 2 LEGITk 1
News Home Improvement (Jun '12) Apr '17 jane 50
How To Fix A Leaking Single Handle Bathtub Fauc... Apr '17 NewYorkView 1
News Will being more like Home Depot work for J.C. P... Mar '17 Dentec 2
Lower Level Family Room Walls Mar '17 dpoint01 1
Waggle Chimney & Masonry Feb '17 Waggle chimney 1
More from around the web