Need help with your home improvements...

Need help with your home improvements? Be on HGTV!

Posted in the Home Improvement Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
DSI Casting

New York, NY

#1 Feb 16, 2007
Need help with your home improvements?
Be on HGTV!

Need some help and motivation to finally get your weekend home projects completed? HGTV is here to help! Steve Watson and his Don't Sweat It ( www.hgtv.com/dontsweatit ) team will bring their special brand of know-how and assistance right into your home to help you with your projects. The series is filming now with homeowners in the New York, Connecticut and New Jersey area.

If you're an energetic homeowner with home improvement projects to do and you live in the tri-state area, please visit http://casting.citylightstv.com/VerifyAge-DSI... to apply. OR go to www.hgtv.com and click on “be on HGTV” and look for Don’t Sweat It. Remember, Watson and his team assist and instruct so family members are expected to take part in every step of the projects. You'll get to cross off those nagging projects on your To Do list and have fun doing it!

Casting is an ongoing process, currently reviewing all submissions.

Please forward this to friends/family/colleagues/neig hbors that might be interested.

Thank you,
DSI Casting
BRENDA MCDONALD

United States

#2 Oct 8, 2008
WHEN THE DSI CASTING GROUP COME TO THE SOUTH, THAT IS GREENVILLE,SOUTH CAROLINA, PLEASE CAST ME AND MY PROJECTS THAT NEED "HELP"
THANK YOU
BKM
Meryl Overton

Upland, CA

#3 Oct 18, 2008
Hey...we need help on the West Coast as well. How about a vacation in California? You can stay with us while the improvements are taking place....sounds good? E mail us [email protected] Hope to hear from you soooooooooooon.
Brenda Bullard

Gainesville, GA

#4 Oct 25, 2008
Hey! I live wright out side of Big A thats big ATLANTA Ga, Haaaaaaaa. we need HELP!!!!!!!!!. we have a Big Back Yard with just a pool in it. if you are Looking to do a Big job on your show HERE IT IS. just e-mail me at [email protected] and Ya"ll Come Back now u Here...... Brenda Bullard Covington Ga.
Brenda Bullard

Gainesville, GA

#5 Oct 25, 2008
Hey yall! We need help doing the Back yard. we have a pool and thats all. just E-mail me at [email protected] and ya"ll come back now u here........
Valerie Banks

Fayetteville, NC

#6 Jan 8, 2009
I live in an amazing part of the US. I have roughly 30,000.00 to do a lot of work. I don't know where to begin. I need your professional expertise to make this work in such times as this. Please consider a warm, old fashioned river front town for a change. It will be a win win for us both!
T Jones

Powder Springs, GA

#7 Jan 24, 2009
I live in the Atlanta, GA area, My husband had been attempting to do our basement for 13 years, yes that's right 13 years. HELP !!!!
Altan

San Jose, CA

#8 Jan 26, 2009
Hello
My husband and I bought a fixer upper 5 years ago in Berkeley CA. It is a spanish mission style home.
We fixed up all but the garage. We would like to turn our garage into a guest room and a study/bath/kitchenette for separate in-law space.
If HG tv wants to take on this project, it is a beautiful one...
My husband is an architect, and I am a designer.
You can see the rest of the photos of this house at http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1661-Short-...
Please email: [email protected]
Gay Clary

United States

#9 Feb 28, 2009
I'm a single grandmother raising grandkids, I NEED HELP!! I've tried to hire people to help me but I can't seem to afford the top professionals and the fly-by-night self employed good old boys seem to start good and never finish...Sound familiar? I'm in Texas, just east of Houston. I watch HGTV all the and wish that I could get everyone to come to my house for a renovation/make-over...Do you ever come to Texas? What would I have to do to qualify for help? I hope to hear from you Thanks to all of you at HGTV for all your wonderful ideas and work projects that you do. [email protected]
T Blake

United States

#10 Mar 28, 2009
This is for my mom, who lives in Splendora Tx, just north of Houston. My parents have been building their home as the funds were available. Both my parents came down with cancer at the same time Mom Sept of 07 Dad Jan 08. We lost my father in Aug of 08, mom is doing great. We have so much unfinished work to be done on her house. My bother is living with her but he seems to have trouble doing the work without our father. They have tile to be laid, doors to be hung. Can someone help. We really miss my dad. Can HGTV help us? Please email: [email protected]
Kelly Darmofal

Burlington, NC

#11 Apr 6, 2009
After a traumatic brain injury (TBI)and years of health issues, I FINALLY MET & MARRIED MR. RIGHT. Unfortunately, he has decorated our basement in true gothic style, replete with red fuzzy sofa and the bleeding art of vampires-plus his collection of sports memorabilia (yes,part of his career)! He hides in gloom while I love green materials, light and space, and originality. Our basement needs resurrection, much like my own awakening years ago. My beautiful man needs a basement devoid of bleak 60s darkness - KILL BLACK AND RED: BRING THE LIGHT TO WINSTON-SALEM! Please HELP, post-coma teacher KELLY and her rescue mutts:)
Sheila Wagner

United States

#12 May 9, 2009
We have a 40 X 60 metal building with a 600 sq ft apartment and are just starting house plans since hurricane Rita (the cost sky rocketed) on building supplies. Nevertheless, my husband wants to close in a 28 X 12 ft area of this metal building for his "Man Cave" which would be just a clean air conditioned area to do work. My son does motocross and he is constantly working on dirtbikes. We live on 10 acres with a motocross track in our back yard. He has been talking about starting this project for 4 yrs now and we already have some of the lumber bought but nothing started....Steve, please consider coming down south to the bayou area and helping us with this project.
Thanks,
Sheila Wagner
Lake Charles, La.
[email protected]
Corliss Prevost-Mucker

Vallejo, CA

#13 Jun 16, 2009
Still waiting you to do a show on the WEST COAST!!
My husband and I would like to retire SOON, but need extra income to make it a reality. We'd like to turn our basement into an apartment. We have already had plans drawn and have $25,000.00 for the project. Carter helps first time home owners fix basements for extra income. Why not add a twist and help those who are transitioning into retirement or seniors on fixed incomes add to their income! Just a thought.
We'd love to hear from you.
Corliss Prevost-Mucker
Vallejo,CA
[email protected]
Geet

New York, NY

#14 Aug 28, 2009
We live in New Jersey and we need your expertise in decorating our home with the proper furniture and decor. Actually my house needs a total makeover in almost all the rooms. Any idea when you guys will be in this area for any such projects?
Nealyz

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Sep 5, 2009
we live in a small town in FLORIDA. And we desperately need you all to come and help or do our project.My husband has inherited a home that his grandparents gave to him. We have refinished the flooring.It is 900 sq.ft.We are a family of six. We have one home at home the entire school year. Holidays are very difficult for our blended family.But thats the only time we can have all our children together because all school schedule are the same from college to elementary.Our kitchen and dining room can not hold all 8 of us.Please us.Expand our space for 8 at the same time!!
DONNA KELLY

Durham, NC

#16 Sep 19, 2009
HI my husband is in the Air Force now in Afghanistan for 4 more months and I need your help to surprise him to finish some projects that he never has time to finish. He works very long hours (12 to 15) hours a day then he is bone tired on weekends. He likes riding motorcycles and raquet ball seems to take time away for our unfinished projects. If y'all ever come to the Goldsboro N.C.area around Raleigh--email me or call. Thank you---Donna
Connie S

United States

#17 Sep 21, 2009
I have an 1882 Queen Ann Victorian I've been working on for 13 years now & still have a long way to go. I'm a single woman about 1 1/2 hours north of Atlanta & would LOVE any remodeling/renovation indoor/outdoor help I could get!!! Thank you!!
Hazel Hoover

Noblesville, IN

#18 Nov 28, 2009
I have a question about concrete. We have a long concrete driveway (2 cars wide) that has chunks in it as well as some cracks which we can expect being in Indiana and the winters we have. The chunks are very unsightly. Can this be repaired and if so how can we do that?

Thanks from New Paletine, Indiana (just east of Indianapolis). [email protected]
Barbara Melton

Covington, LA

#19 Jan 7, 2010
My daughter got me to watching your shows years ago,and I love them....my daughter and husband built a house about four years ago, and she has done anything to her bedroom.. she is always do the other rooms or outside, she has a 10 yr old son and 6 yr, old daughter now a new baby girl...and there goes her bedroom....can you help,,,she is a RN for a school in Tucaloosa, Al..at one time she was the RN for the Handicap school there in Tucaloosa(Oak Hill)...they were going to close it down, but with a lot of talking and signatures it is still open, but they have put her in another school that she hates,,,,see she was always bring some of the students home with her ..nites or weekends.. no matter how bad or color they were....also they found kittens left at the school and her kids school , she kept one and found homes for them all...I just like to see her help.....she always watching your show? thank you for listening can you help....her mom
Twy

Iowa City, IA

#20 Jan 23, 2010
Here in Iowa we have all weather extreams. I have a much potential.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Improvement Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marvin Windows (May '07) Sep 19 Kate - MN 429
News Day laborers, seen as key to Harvey recovery, w... Sep 12 spud 104
Best wall paint colour Aug 25 dasileve 1
Quartz Slabs Buying Guide —— where to buy quart... Aug '17 jc zh 1
News Quantum Capital Management Acquires 3,297 Share... Aug '17 Utah Guy 3
News Home Improvement (Jun '12) Aug '17 Anonymous 52
How to Clean Quartz Countertops Aug '17 jc zh 1
More from around the web