Lowe's seeks OK to build Columbus Parkway store

Home improvement retail giant Lowe's has filed an application with Vallejo to build a store on Columbus Parkway near Ascot Parkway, city officials said Thursday. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
homie

San Francisco, CA

#1 Jun 5, 2009
Vallejo's city leaders will screw around with Lowes, and American Canyon will get yet another store.
I love Vallejo

Vallejo, CA

#2 Jun 5, 2009
this would be wonderful
not only for vallejo but for us consumers as lowe's really is a fantastic store unlike home depot which is not consumer friendly and is so unorganized.

lets hope that they decide to build it.
Larry

Vallejo, CA

#3 Jun 5, 2009
Oh Lord.. I pray that the city council does not screw this one up like they have so many others...but I'm wary that they will in some way find a way to chase Lowe's out of town.
Vallejo Mom of 2

Vallejo, CA

#4 Jun 5, 2009
holding my breath.... please don't screw this up, City Administrators!
bluemann

Vallejo, CA

#5 Jun 5, 2009
The City Council will screw this up just like everything else. They are going to make Lowes jump trough their hoops and Lowes is going to back out...watch! When Lowes leaves town they will blame it on something or someone other than themselves..
shANUS n traiTARDs ghost

Martinez, CA

#6 Jun 5, 2009
Is this the beginning of the end of automall parkway?
VtownBeatdown

Santa Maria, CA

#7 Jun 5, 2009
Those employees who have this task should be fired if they screw this up and includes elected officials. Gomes and Schively shut your mouths and let this happen please.
MTR

Menlo Park, CA

#8 Jun 5, 2009
Too close to Home Depot. They ought to move to the former Wal-Mart site.
shANUS n traiTARDs ghost

Martinez, CA

#9 Jun 5, 2009
I actually was about to agree with you except "Ozzie and funded four keep quite and don't mess this up like you did with the Touro cancer center."
Out Of Context

Reno, NV

#10 Jun 5, 2009
Let's hope the city council doesn't "f" this up like it does everyhting else!
Out Of Context

Reno, NV

#11 Jun 5, 2009
MTR wrote:
Not really. It's better that they are just down the street from Home Depot so that when you want to comparison shop, you won't have to drive all over town and that means prices will be better for us.
Anonymous

Vallejo, CA

#12 Jun 5, 2009
Great news although I agree, too close to Home Depot, could put them out and then we have the status quo with a different vacant store.

Although I can't stand HD. I'm looking forward to shopping at Lowes. I miss Yardbirds.
vallejo resident

San Jose, CA

#13 Jun 5, 2009
I've lived here for 2 years now and I still wonder what happened to this town. How can a town that has an amusement park have nothing to offer, other than that? We go to Vacaville or Fairfield, for everything outside of basic needs. And that's a shame.

Either the city is corrupt or just isn't capable of making good decisions. Maybe both.

Ya, bring Lowes in. It's a good FIRST step. And put it where the old Walmart used to be.
shANUS n traiTARDs ghost

Martinez, CA

#14 Jun 5, 2009
For 30 years the top priority of this City has been City employees. It is reflected in our spending , our charter(binding arbitration), and the fact that there is little else this city has to offer its citizens.
GlitterDome

San Rafael, CA

#15 Jun 5, 2009
MTR wrote:
I agree. Napa and AC don't have a Lowes; and many of our public safety personnel lives in Napa. Being at the old Walmart would have attracted all of Vallejo's City workers as they drive home to their nice home in another city.
FVH

Martinez, CA

#16 Jun 5, 2009
I agree that the location should be not too close to Home Depot. We don't want to drive HD out of business. But more importantly, it looks like the city is taking an economic development opportunity SERIOUSLY for a change! I'm sure they've got the message now that we can't afford to be picky or obstructionist in getting new business into this town.
hoo boy

San Mateo, CA

#17 Jun 5, 2009
shANUS n traiTARDs ghost wrote:
Is this the beginning of the end of automall parkway?
No, this is the end of the end of Automall Parkway.
Gettie

Berkeley, CA

#18 Jun 5, 2009
Great news! But, each time I drive to American Canyon and shop at WalMart I shudder when I think of how the City of Vallejo could be earning the sales tax revenue. I truly do not understand the logic of not allowing WalMart to build a new store where K-Mart use to exist. What a waste of space!
Concerned

Sonoma, CA

#19 Jun 5, 2009
Put them on the fast-track!!
SayWhat

San Francisco, CA

#20 Jun 5, 2009
The reason that Lowes choose to be closer to Home Depot is based on the fact that they need be more convenient for the people living in Benecia to access this future store.

Lowes positions itself in the consumer market segment as a marginaly higher grade alternative to Home Depot. They need the higher personal incomes of Benecia home owners to make its business model work here in Vallejo.

So where it would be more advantagous for Vallejo to have Lowes locate in the old WalMart or K Mart or Mervyns or any other large and empty West Side location in Vallejo ,remember,Lowes won't go there. So City Council don't push that desire on them or they will walk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Improvement Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Residential glass replacement and window repair (Sep '12) Nov 25 lorenzomcKinney 3
Time for window replacement (Sep '12) Nov 21 Kerry Jones 10
Water pressure in showers Nov 19 shower filter girl 1
Window repair and residential glasss replacement (Jul '12) Nov 18 Ted Smith 7
Find Best Bathroom Renovation Services? (Aug '13) Nov 17 Felicity 2
Marvin Windows (May '07) Nov 14 Punchy 407
Sticks & Stones Building Materials now open Nov 13 Derrick Sly 1

Home Improvement People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE