Santa Cruz police bust suspected drug...

Santa Cruz police bust suspected drug dealer, gang member in Aptos

There are 58 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Jul 6, 2010, titled Santa Cruz police bust suspected drug dealer, gang member in Aptos. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Gang investigators and federal agents seized drugs and arrested an alleged gang member when they raided an Rio del Mar-area home Monday, Santa Cruz police reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Res

United States

#2 Jul 6, 2010
Thank you Feds!!!
Shakes head

United States

#5 Jul 6, 2010
These are the people who need to be thrown out. Not that poor lady with the autistic kid. What's the matter with you people?!?
Bail should be a Bale

Santa Cruz, CA

#6 Jul 6, 2010
Amazing that bail is so low with (1) so many hard drug variations,(2) organized crime association,(3) stolen (and loaded) shotgun. This guy was not just a teen supporting his habit - He's organized and dangerous. I'll bet he was accepting stolen items in trade too.
Santa Crud

United States

#7 Jul 6, 2010
Shakes head wrote:
These are the people who need to be thrown out. Not that poor lady with the autistic kid. What's the matter with you people?!?
Word!
Fed UP SC Native

Santa Cruz, CA

#8 Jul 6, 2010
Another one bites the dust!! Yee-haw!!!
Here For Now

Vallejo, CA

#9 Jul 6, 2010
Seize the property and make it as painful as possible, glad to see another arrest.
How about taking away any rent subsidies for family members? maybe parents will get involved?

Punishment and hitting where it hurts is the only deturant. The counseling and talking about it has proven ineffective over & over.
Hey Neighbor

San Bruno, CA

#10 Jul 6, 2010
"It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
A beautiful day for a neighbor,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?

It's a neighborly day in this beautywood,
A neighborly day for a beauty,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?

I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?

Won't you please,
Won't you please,
Please won't you be my neighbor? "....

NOT!!!!
bikerscum

San Jose, CA

#11 Jul 6, 2010
Thanks for taking another one down! Amazed the bail is so low, though.
Downtown and Around

Aptos, CA

#12 Jul 6, 2010
Go get 'em!
benn murray

United States

#15 Jul 6, 2010
How can you people be so mean? That was just another Latino trying to make a living, now you are going to support him for a few months. Shame on you!!
ummm

Fairfield, CA

#16 Jul 6, 2010
Here For Now wrote:
Seize the property and make it as painful as possible, glad to see another arrest.
How about taking away any rent subsidies for family members? maybe parents will get involved?
Punishment and hitting where it hurts is the only deturant. The counseling and talking about it has proven ineffective over & over.
who do you think benefit the most from these gang fulks? ummmm, the parents. you think they care how their angel darlings are paying the rent on their three bedroom house filled with 16 of their closest relatives? i think not.
Drake

Santa Cruz, CA

#17 Jul 6, 2010
bring in the feds for a couple of grams of coke, and ounce of meth and a gun?!?!!?

Can I get a refund?

btw that's the reason for the 50K bail, this case is a joke. He'll get probation.
Don

San Jose, CA

#18 Jul 6, 2010
Maybe I have a mis-impression. It seems like most of the recent arrests have been of Surenos. I wonder why that is?

Are they higher profile than Norteno in their illegal acts?

Are the Feds, ICE in particular, more focused on Surenos because they are composed of more Illegal Aliens? Are they?

Maybe there were already investigations in process that are now coming to fruition?

Maybe they are considered more dangerous, especially to civilians?

Maybe they just presented more targets of opportunity; were not as careful?

Just wondering.
Westside Dad

Santa Cruz, CA

#19 Jul 6, 2010
Nice Work, Keep up the good work. Judges it's your turn now!!
juanita lopez

AOL

#20 Jul 6, 2010
20 years is enough time to learn right from wrong. Illegal drugs and firearms in the possession of a gangbanger have been deterred for now. This is at least a start to dealing with these miscreants. Congrats to I.C.E. and the D.E.A.. The tip of the iceberg has been conquered!!!
kevin

Richmond, CA

#21 Jul 6, 2010
Don wrote:
Maybe I have a mis-impression. It seems like most of the recent arrests have been of Surenos. I wonder why that is?
Are they higher profile than Norteno in their illegal acts?
Are the Feds, ICE in particular, more focused on Surenos because they are composed of more Illegal Aliens? Are they?
Maybe there were already investigations in process that are now coming to fruition?
Maybe they are considered more dangerous, especially to civilians?
Maybe they just presented more targets of opportunity; were not as careful?
Just wondering.
sureno gangs are more into committing crimes i grew up around both sureno and norteno gangs here in santa cruz and in salinas and what i noticed is that sureno gangs dont like anyone that isnt mexican and they only stick to themselves they dont associate with non surenos espeacially non mexicans and theyre highly involved in criminal activity, nortenos gangs accept almost any race into theyre gangs mexicans, white and blacks but what i noticed was that norteno gang members are more into partying that being involved in criminal activity im not saying theyre not because they are im just saying that in my opinion surenos are the ones that take gang banging more seriusly than the nortenos.
kevin

Richmond, CA

#22 Jul 6, 2010
sureno gangs are more into committing crimes i grew up around both sureno and norteno gangs here in santa cruz and in salinas and what i noticed is that sureno gangs dont like anyone that isnt mexican and they only stick to themselves they dont associate with non surenos espeacially non mexicans and theyre highly involved in criminal activity, nortenos gangs accept almost any race into theyre gangs mexicans, white and blacks but what i noticed was that norteno gang members are more into partying than being involved in criminal activity im not saying theyre not because they are im just saying that in my opinion surenos are the ones that take gang banging more seriusly than the nortenos.

fixed it!!!!!!!
TV Watcher

San Jose, CA

#23 Jul 6, 2010
I miss Mr. Rogers.
Hey Neighbor wrote:
"It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
A beautiful day for a neighbor,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
It's a neighborly day in this beautywood,
A neighborly day for a beauty,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.
So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?
Won't you please,
Won't you please,
Please won't you be my neighbor? "....
NOT!!!!
Aptoslocal

Santa Cruz, CA

#24 Jul 6, 2010
One has to laugh, all those trophy wives with upturned noses think their Rio life is so perfect. Ha crime is everywhere.
Illegal Gangster or Homey

Salt Lake City, UT

#25 Jul 6, 2010
"This is part of information that we're developing with our gang team and in cooperation with DEA and ICE," Clark said, referencing partnerships the police department established with the federal Drug Enforcement Administration and the Immigrations and Customs Enforcement two months ago...

Please report the complete story, Sentinel...maybe just one time?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Listing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Maternity tourism websites target pregnant Chin... Mon PeanutButtercup 2
News Mom, child fatally shot in head in Baltimore May 29 perple nerple 2
News Rusty's bread was a memorable loss (Aug '08) May 29 Lori C 20
News Cops find $60K of meth in house May 29 aabbcc 4
News Robert Floyd Layne Arrested (Jul '10) May 28 Big Bob 405
News Sir Cliff Richard puts UK home up for sale and ... May 27 Dawn Wortley-Nott 1
News 21 Reasons Hotel Sex Is Better May 27 Local 4
More from around the web