Tough road for ousted township manager

Tough road for ousted township manager

There are 12 comments on the Evening Sun story from Jul 25, 2009, titled Tough road for ousted township manager. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

With tears welling in his eyes, Andy Richardson looked toward an empty corner of his York home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

Fed up In York County

East Berlin, PA

#1 Jul 26, 2009
Oh well... Life goes on...

Happy to see that the system may have some hope. Not a good investment to support this individual at the local level. I would assume the current federal administration will help him in many ways, as they seem to help those who are not prepared for life changing events with MY TAX DOLLARS !

Oh well… Another reason not to drive small cars ! I will always stick with my giant SUV ! Gas is cheap !)
Jerk Alert

Hightstown, NJ

#2 Jul 26, 2009
Fed Up is an idiot. While what the West Manheim Supervisors did may be legal, it doesn't necessarily mean that it is right or moral. This story is difficult to read because he was an employee (albeit a publc employee) that was critically injured and has been subject to a cascade of additional problems. Fed Up has no soul or empathy for other people. Probably born with a silver spoon in his @$$.
MBT

East Berlin, PA

#3 Jul 26, 2009
I am concerned for the lack of morals in West Manheim. What do they have running the show??? I was taught do unto others as you would have done to you. Is this what they would expect for themselves? Someone should get them out of their positions, afterall you don't have to have a reason. However, when being a public employee morals should be a prerequisite.
mugz

Beachwood, OH

#4 Jul 26, 2009
what a bunch of jerks.. well all i can say is what goes around comes around...
local

Pittston, PA

#5 Jul 26, 2009
fed up-shut up

This is unbelievable, i am in shock, what a bunch of heartless morons. I hope they all get what they now deserve
went around

Harrisburg, PA

#6 Jul 26, 2009
mugz wrote:
what a bunch of jerks.. well all i can say is what goes around comes around...
Did you ever think that just maybe what went around came around this time? No one knows the reasoning behind this except the supervisors. Something must have been wrong for them to do such a thing. There is always the other side of the story. In this case there has to be something that triggered this.
tax dollars

Harrisburg, PA

#7 Jul 26, 2009
MBT wrote:
I am concerned for the lack of morals in West Manheim. What do they have running the show??? I was taught do unto others as you would have done to you. Is this what they would expect for themselves? Someone should get them out of their positions, afterall you don't have to have a reason. However, when being a public employee morals should be a prerequisite.
So, as Supervisor Gobrecht put it, the work was not done to expectations so, this could be the reason. Do you want your tax dollars spent on a salary if the quality of work wasn't there?
Did you check the morales lately at the township level. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions until you checked in to this.
JAS

Bendersville, PA

#8 Jul 26, 2009
It's is the same thing Hanover Lantern did to their employees. Who's insurance covering him. Our's was Hanover Lantern payed half. They knew I was breathing hard,so they got rid of me.It was on my 50th birthday.I worked for them 27 years.I hope you can sue them. They know you are disable right now.
froggy

United States

#9 Jul 26, 2009
What about the other one that got fired? One of the supervisors who is running for reelection was fired from his own company. How do you get fired from your own business? Something to do with a couple of million dollars mismanaged. And he wants to manage our township, our budget, our taxes for six more years? He was there when they sold our water, bought the old school, raised our sewer rates.

I want to know more about how he does business and why he got fired before I vote in the fall
Observer

Germantown, MD

#10 Jul 26, 2009
Fed up In York County wrote:
Oh well... Life goes on...
Happy to see that the system may have some hope. Not a good investment to support this individual at the local level. I would assume the current federal administration will help him in many ways, as they seem to help those who are not prepared for life changing events with MY TAX DOLLARS !
Oh well… Another reason not to drive small cars ! I will always stick with my giant SUV ! Gas is cheap !)
You are a piece of $hit! I believe in Karma and you are due for payback. And when it happens- Oh well, life goes on.
hmmm

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Jul 26, 2009
Damn, I feel sorry for this guy. Good luck man, keep your head up.

Since: Feb 09

Lanham, MD

#12 Jul 27, 2009
This is just reprehensible. I understand there are 2 sides to every story, but this really is kicking someone when they're down. He was on official business, gets hit by a car and he gets the boot as soon as his 13 weeks of FMLA are up? WTF? Does anyone else know the concept of "karma"? Jerks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Listing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Island housing experts will examine landlord, t... 14 hr Angeline 1
News Deal in works for purchase of 19th-century Watk... May 2 NAncy Smith 1
News Quality fireplaces custom-designed for your home May 1 keep warm 1
News Make Your B&B Dream a Reality with Win The Inn ... May 1 ESLocal 3
News Hundreds show support for housing bill in Balti... Apr 29 Fitus T Bluster 1
News San Francisco Rent Comparisons: What $3,600/Mon... Apr 29 Julie Jane 1
News Woman finds husband shot dead (Feb '08) Apr 29 housecall 74
More from around the web