Injured woman sues 'Dog,' A&E

Injured woman sues 'Dog,' A&E

There are 145 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Feb 2, 2007, titled Injured woman sues 'Dog,' A&E. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The "Bounty Hunter" posse allegedly threw her down some stairs By Nelson Daranciang ndaranciang@starbulletin.com A woman is suing Duane "Dog" Chapman and the Arts and Entertainment Television network after one ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
fred

United States

#1 Feb 2, 2007
sue him
Jennifer Deeson

AOL

#2 Feb 2, 2007
It is real hard to belive that is the truth and the hole story.
txgrl25

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Feb 2, 2007
fred wrote:
sue him
The moral of this story. When the dog is looking for you..........he will find you and get his man. IF she was so hurt why the hell didn't she say something on camera when she had the chance too? I saw that episode and she was talking all kinds of shit. She needs to get a grip.

“chapman family supporter”

Since: Jan 07

WALES UK

#4 Feb 2, 2007
here here-plus why didnt she sue in 2005 instead of now
CAW

Atlanta, GA

#5 Feb 2, 2007
KATIE-UK wrote:
She is just looking for quick drug money. We all know that dog and his posse wouldn't act like that!

“chapman family supporter”

WALES UK

#6 Feb 2, 2007
yeah i agree any news on verdict i hope the charges are dropped they dont deserve this crap for getting an scumbag off the streets

“Chapman Family supporter”

Sylvania, Ohio

#7 Feb 2, 2007

AP

Duane 'Dog' Chapman in Hawaii
HONOLULU ó A woman has sued Duane "Dog" Chapman, alleging that a member of the TV bounty hunter's team threw her down a flight of stairs and broke her back while her boyfriend was being apprehended.

The lawsuit was filed on behalf of Audrey Emery and seeks unspecified damages. Two other plaintiffs, including the boyfriend, seek damages from the bounty-hunting team in the same lawsuit.

Emery accuses an associate of Duane Chapman of injuring her at her Pearl City apartment on Jan. 26, 2005 in the course of arresting Stuart Calistro and filming for the A&E reality series "Dog the Bounty Hunter."

"They're filming this TV segment and she is upset because you have these thugs breaking into her apartment and she doesn't want them in there, so they decide the convenient thing is to throw her down the stairs," Emery's attorney Richard Turbin said Thursday.

Duane Chapman and his wife, Beth, released a statement saying their family has become a "target of frivolous lawsuits and publicity seeking attorneys."

"We pride ourselves in making sure that everything we do is within the bounds of the law and we are confident that we did so in this case," he said. "The videotape in the television show itself demonstrates that the charges against us are baseless."

can you believe this crap as if he doesn't have enough to deal with
Posto6

Stockton, CA

#8 Feb 2, 2007
It took this tweaker 2 years to get out of her stupor to sue Dog? She probably tripped (pun intended).
Damned if you do damned if you don't.
Too bad law enforcement and the courts are so under staffed they canít do their jobs. Bounty Hunting is a dangerous job. Dog and all the bounty hunters in America are doing us all a favor getting bail jumpers of our streets. Thank you DOG for all the positive work you are doing.
nicole

Edmond, OK

#9 Feb 2, 2007
fred wrote:
sue him
don't you think that you need the whole story before you are so quick to judge?
nicole

Edmond, OK

#10 Feb 2, 2007
KATIE-UK wrote:
amen, sister

Since: Feb 07

Phoenix, AZ

#11 Feb 2, 2007
Posto6 wrote:
It took this tweaker 2 years to get out of her stupor to sue Dog? She probably tripped (pun intended).
Damned if you do damned if you don't.
Too bad law enforcement and the courts are so under staffed they canít do their jobs. Bounty Hunting is a dangerous job. Dog and all the bounty hunters in America are doing us all a favor getting bail jumpers of our streets. Thank you DOG for all the positive work you are doing.
I agree. Dog is doing nothing but positive things for this country and should be regarded as such. If you can't see this watch the show. Yes he is hard on the fugitives at first, but he gives them a second chance at life, offers them a cigarette, and often times gets them out again if he feels they deserve it. I hope that this woman grows up and realizes that her boyfriend was a fugitive of the law and she is lucky that she didn't get charged with harboring a fugitive.
LindaSu

AOL

#12 Feb 3, 2007
Dog and his possee have too much integrity to be throwing girls down stairs, now come on! If he didn't have such morals he certainly wouldn't let himself be filmed while doing his job, for all the world to see! I think that girl is lookin for a quick buck, she should be ashamed of herself! Keep on rockin,Dog, we love you!
Linda

United States

#13 Feb 4, 2007
Has anyone heard anything on Dogs case in Mexico everybody has been waiting on some news but nothing has been posted did the charges stick or were they droped

Since: Dec 06

Battle Creek, MI

#14 Feb 4, 2007
Linda wrote:
Has anyone heard anything on Dogs case in Mexico everybody has been waiting on some news but nothing has been posted did the charges stick or were they droped
a decision is supposed to come down
on February 6th 2007.
Thats all for right now.
Karen

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Feb 4, 2007
I hope she wins the suit and takes him for everything he has. That entire crew makes me sick at my stomach. I can't even stand to watch commercials about it, let alone watch the show.

And no, they don't make sure everything they do is within the bonds of the law, otherwise he wouldn't have been arrested in Mexico for illegally taking the rapist. Yes, the rapist should have been returned for trial. No, Dogtard and his retarded crew should not have violated the laws of Mexico to do it.

Sylvania, Ohio

#16 Feb 4, 2007
rara_avis91 wrote:
I hope she wins the suit and takes him for everything he has. That entire crew makes me sick at my stomach. I can't even stand to watch commercials about it, let alone watch the show.
And no, they don't make sure everything they do is within the bonds of the law, otherwise he wouldn't have been arrested in Mexico for illegally taking the rapist. Yes, the rapist should have been returned for trial. No, Dogtard and his retarded crew should not have violated the laws of Mexico to do it.
if you don't watch the show how would you know.... you trash everything they did with out knowing anything about them, you don't watch the show, you're obviously not following the trial and everything that led up to it, they are good people, who dodn't deserve any of this, not trash talk from people like you and not to be sued by someone out for a quick buck, not by the mexican goverornment who should be indebted to them for what they did when no one else could or would, you sit there and have the nerve to judge, judge yourself first, b/c i garantee you have made mistakes, no one is perfect, they did a good thing if they hadn't have got him when they did do you realize how many more people he would have raped??? lets just say when they caught him he had already raped 86 women, 86!!!! I am proud of what they did, and they didn't without asking anything in return, they never got paid nor do they want to. Leave them alone they are good people who have done nothing wrong!
Linda Brown

Saginaw, MI

#17 Feb 4, 2007
What a load of crap this ice head is trying to cash in on. Any die hard fan of Duane and Co knows that physical violence is not their thing, and as a die hard fan I have seen every show and that is the one where Beth gets into with that tweaking ice head calling her "Lolly Lolly Icehead" and Leland fell through the floor trying to catch the low-life and Tim got a black eye so who got abused that night? I did not see that broad anywhere near any stairs and the entire capture was caught on tape so good luck to those losers trying to catch the "DOG" I can't believe how low people will go now. First the crap with Mexico and who agrees with me on the fact that the Luster Family has a hand in that as the federales are corrupt as hell down there, they just can't accept the fact that Andrew is a predator who got everything coming to him for what he did so I salute Duane and Co. for having the balls to do that when it appeared no one else was interested in getting him. I can't wait now for the new season to start Hurry Up!!

Phoenix, AZ

#18 Feb 4, 2007
rara_avis91 wrote:
First of all if your going to call him names....learn to spell. Second of all I think you should be GRATEFUL that he saved you from being the next victim which is very possible. Nobody was doing anything about Andrew Luster and he went down there to protect me and you. Be grateful to the man who put everything on the line so you can sleep under the watch of the dog. By the way if you don't like him, don't post here.

Since: Dec 06

Battle Creek, MI

#19 Feb 5, 2007
rara_avis91 wrote:
Hello rara_avis91,
Just to keep the record straight: That "rapist",
Andrew Luster-had already been convicted in absentia,
and sentenced to 124 years. There was no trial for
him to return to. When the Chapmans' went to Mexico,
they retained a Mexican policeman at the time of
capture. Right now the Judge in mexico is deciding
the fate of Duane,Leland and Tim Chapman.
As for the woman in Hawaii-I suppose a suit presented
one year after the fact is okay with you.But Once again,a judge in Hawaii is deciding if the case will
go to trial.No decision yet-no winning or losing for
your friendly ice-head yet.
Karen

Sylvania, Ohio

#20 Feb 5, 2007
Karen Plumley wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello rara_avis91,
Just to keep the record straight: That "rapist",
Andrew Luster-had already been convicted in absentia,
and sentenced to 124 years. There was no trial for
him to return to. When the Chapmans' went to Mexico,
they retained a Mexican policeman at the time of
capture. Right now the Judge in mexico is deciding
the fate of Duane,Leland and Tim Chapman.
As for the woman in Hawaii-I suppose a suit presented
one year after the fact is okay with you.But Once again,a judge in Hawaii is deciding if the case will
go to trial.No decision yet-no winning or losing for
your friendly ice-head yet.
Karen
she'll probably try to settle out of court for a specific amount of money, i'm sure that's all she's doing this for, i hope she doesn't get a dime from them.... so tomarrow they should have a decision on the extradition case right Karen?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Listing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Natural gas fireplaces have more benefits than ... (Aug '15) 22 hr out of gas 4
News Real estate agent finds billionaire clients dea... Jan 18 offrs 2
News City and proposed Muslim centre prepare for app... Jan 18 2 late 1
News RIP it up, Uncle Bob. You're missed. (May '08) Jan 14 Lalamaeski 51
News Former Ontario farmers creating Amish paradise ... (Oct '16) Jan 14 Love Teaching 3
News Mother, young daughter found dead outside South... Jan 10 Erase Username 16
News Johnson Associates Agents Attend Online Seminar... (May '14) Jan 4 Easy cash 4 em 7
More from around the web