Seven Oaks trail along Lake Wylie to open Dec. 6

There are 11 comments on the Lake Wylie Pilot story from Nov 10, 2013, titled Seven Oaks trail along Lake Wylie to open Dec. 6. In it, Lake Wylie Pilot reports that:

It'll also be the way to a long-awaited connection to Lake Wylie's shoreline. Two years ago, Catawba Lands Conservancy partnered with Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden and the Clean Water Management Trust Fund to conserve a 77-acre Gaston County site known as the Seven Oaks Preserve.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake Wylie Pilot.

Ashleys Friend

Gastonia, NC

#1 Nov 10, 2013
Cant wait to hike this trail

Since: Jan 12

Rock Hill, SC

#2 Nov 11, 2013
Awesome! Thanks for posting. I plan to check it out opening day.
Deidra

Belmont, NC

#3 Nov 11, 2013
810 new homes. So much for "nature". It's all about the money. Goodbye peace and quiet. Not interested.
Ashleys Friend

Gastonia, NC

#4 Nov 11, 2013
Deidra wrote:
810 new homes. So much for "nature". It's all about the money. Goodbye peace and quiet. Not interested.
It used to be private property so I'm pretty stoked to see this. No homes there yet so come on down and quit tryin to bring us down

United States

#5 Nov 12, 2013
At least they pur in a walking trail through the new development, so it won't be a series of gated communities.
LuLu

Belmont, NC

#6 Nov 12, 2013

Gastonia, NC

#7 Nov 12, 2013
LuLu wrote:
If there was a joke there, then I missed it.

It's no secret that a lot of littter winds up in the Catawba. There is even a group of kayakers who get together to paddle the river and collect trash.

Anywhere this trail borders the river, you will see trash.

Personally, I pick up trash when I am out hiking or camping, even though it's not mine.
Tatata

Gastonia, NC

#8 Nov 12, 2013
Malcolm III wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was a joke there, then I missed it.
It's no secret that a lot of littter winds up in the Catawba. There is even a group of kayakers who get together to paddle the river and collect trash.
Anywhere this trail borders the river, you will see trash.
Personally, I pick up trash when I am out hiking or camping, even though it's not mine.
You gonna love hiking through Pittenger Acres backyards to the sound of the big rigs on the toll road? LOL. Oh yeah - it's gonna be great! LOL.
Ashleys Friend

Gastonia, NC

#9 Nov 14, 2013
Tatata wrote:
<quoted text>You gonna love hiking through Pittenger Acres backyards to the sound of the big rigs on the toll road? LOL. Oh yeah - it's gonna be great! LOL.
You are an idiot. Who cares what you think you no. I'm helping clean up a beautiful trail for all to enjoy ..what the hay are you doing with your time?
Mike

Stanley, NC

#10 Nov 21, 2013
Malcolm III wrote:
Awesome! Thanks for posting. I plan to check it out opening day.
Yes thanks
Abbey Vann Buren

Gastonia, NC

#11 Nov 21, 2013
Ashleys Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot. Who cares what you think you no. I'm helping clean up a beautiful trail for all to enjoy ..what the hay are you doing with your time?
May I suggest what you may wish to do with YOUR time?

1. Go to church and learn how to get along with people - what kind of language you should NOT use. You make yourself look small by calling people idiots.
2. People agree with the poster would care what he/she thinks.Work on your vocabulary so you can intelligently express yourself in a socially acceptable way.
3. Take a spelling course ( no/know).
4. Read a book on etiquette - it is not polite to promote yourself and make accusations against people when you do not know them.

Your post is childish and lacks substance. Take a deep breath. Your service to police the trail would be commendable if your attitude and social skills were not so poor. Perhaps maturity will help you be a more pleasant person.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Gardening Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News SC Mountain Brewing marks decade of beer making Wed tin lizzy 1
News Significance of 'Victory Homes' not lost on Her... (Jun '09) Wed no Jail 4 rate r... 2
News Closure of fabled Los Angeles bar Tiki-Ti stuns... Tue Janice 1
News 'The most abject human misery': Memories of a r... May 18 Betty 1
News California marijuana could become stronger due ... May 18 IB DaMann 2
News Sheriff appeals for witnesses in fatal Kerman s... (Dec '11) May 16 consuelo 2
News Vegan's & paleo's rejoice! An Organic Plant Pro... May 16 Tazo 1
More from around the web