Puttin' on the ribs: Aztec man gets i...

Puttin' on the ribs: Aztec man gets in on barbecue biz

There are 71 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jun 24, 2011, titled Puttin' on the ribs: Aztec man gets in on barbecue biz. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Carl Vandruff's new barbecue joint is a taste of home. Truly, it is. The property on which Aztec's new Red Barn Barbecue stands is the very same property on which Vandruff's childhood home stood.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#43 Jun 24, 2011
johnny reb wrote:
<quoted text> Oops my bad.......thanks Melanie :)
No problem.(I was just kiddin' ya anyway. lol)

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#44 Jun 24, 2011
2cool4school wrote:
Melanie, come on gal, don't YOU start this "Spelling Police" stuff. God know's I am the world's worst speller.(See) and for what ever reason there is no spell check here. And (fact) I type about 80-85 WPM, and sometimes I don't know who is 'driving' these old fingres.(and I type faster than I think most of the time - but that showes I'm sure from the names I have been called. And Cary, Great--Scott has called ME every thing but White! Like you I said "Prove it"..and like you...it can't be done.
Anyway....just my opinoin here
Red Barn in Aztec was very good all around.
Spare Rib in Farmington.....ok..but that's all
Serious Texas BBQ...no for me, but then every one likes something different.(About the only thing I will not eat is a "Beet"...I would reather lick the floor board of a New York Taxi Cab than eat a beet"...but again, that is just me.
Ergo....I enjoyed the Red Barn and hope they do well.
(Mel, for God sake please don't grade MY spelling)
Now 2cool, go back and read the posts. jonnyreb was correcting someone else's spelling in his post, so I thought I'd give it back to him.

I don't really care how people here spell. It would be a full time job to correct it all!
Yum Yum

Albuquerque, NM

#45 Jun 24, 2011
Went to the Red Barn and it was fantastic!
Most of the other BBQ places the sauce tastes like
its half vinegar.
I guess why there is a variety of eating places, because people have different taste.
Thank goodness there is varieties to suit everyone.
In my own family half the group loved my mothers
chicken chop suey and the other half hated it.
To each his own, but keep on smokin Red Barn.
Whale Warrior

United States

#46 Jun 24, 2011
why do you sick people keep eating animal flessh. we sohould alll be vegan....GGO GREEN SAVE THE WHALES
I need a date

Grand Rapids, MI

#47 Jun 24, 2011
Kowabunga wrote:
I miss Snappy's BBQ!
Heck ya that is where I met Melanie Thinker she was hanging with that old rough neck from the 1970s Porter Smith
Not suprised

Santa Fe, NM

#48 Jun 24, 2011
Went there once - they were out of nearly all their meats and their potato salad was frozen :(
Cynical Optimist

Albuquerque, NM

#49 Jun 24, 2011
Kowabunga wrote:
I miss Snappy's BBQ!
Did they even serve BBQ at Snappy's?
huh

Albuquerque, NM

#50 Jun 25, 2011
He also is a registerd sex offender. Look it up. "New Mexico registerd sex offenders" Something to do with children......Enjoy that food and support your local criminals... Yeah Aztec,
Same last name

Rio Rancho, NM

#51 Jun 25, 2011
huh wrote:
He also is a registerd sex offender. Look it up. "New Mexico registerd sex offenders" Something to do with children......Enjoy that food and support your local criminals... Yeah Aztec,
but different first name, maybe you should be sure of your facts before posting them here.
sixxer

Farmington, NM

#52 Jun 25, 2011
great cowboy beans!
Fact Check

United States

#53 Jun 25, 2011
huh wrote:
He is not a criminal you need to get your facts right before you slander someone. I think they can check your IP and find out who is posting slanderous info.
gimme gimmie

Albuquerque, NM

#55 Jun 25, 2011
gee daily times who do i talk to about getting some free advertizing
Ding-Ding-Ding

Cheyenne, WY

#56 Jun 25, 2011
Yum Yum wrote:
Went to the Red Barn and it was fantastic!
I guess why there is a variety of eating places, because people have different taste.Thank goodness there is varieties to suit everyone.
We have a winner!
It's like asking someone who's got the best pizza?
"Just shut up & eat!" j/k :)
Sheila Holman

Hamilton, MT

#57 Jun 25, 2011
I can't wait to try it!
Uh Oh

Albuquerque, NM

#58 Jun 26, 2011
No he is not. It is his brother as my previous post has stated. Get it right before you go slandering people.
huh wrote:
Yummmm

Santa Fe, NM

#59 Jun 26, 2011
As far as Serious Texas the one in Durango is really good. The one in Farmington really stinks. Been there 4 time and everytime the meat was so dry you would get choked. No thanks.
Went to Red Barn and was thrilled, the pork was so juicy and flavorful I went back the next day and 3 days after that. The place has been clean everytime and only one of the cashiers is pretty slow but nothing that would keep me away. Spare Ribs is a tad on the boring and the last couple times the pork has to much hard end pieces mixed in. Way to go Red Barn, comin back soon.
Toby and Maryann Cordell

South Jordan, UT

#60 Jun 26, 2011
Congratulations to the Dandruffs! The restaurant should do very well, especially when you consider how hard working this family has always been. They are kind, compassionate, and down to earth¯people. Their parents were some of the finest individuals I have ever known, and I have no doubt they would be proud of their children; I know we are.
Is that their

Rio Rancho, NM

#61 Jun 26, 2011
Toby and Maryann Cordell wrote:
Congratulations to the Dandruffs! The restaurant should do very well, especially when you consider how hard working this family has always been. They are kind, compassionate, and down to earth¯people. Their parents were some of the finest individuals I have ever known, and I have no doubt they would be proud of their children; I know we are.
nickname...the Dandruffs? LOL
Tad Askew

San Antonio, TX

#62 Jun 26, 2011
Is that their wrote:
<quoted text>
nickname...the Dandruffs? LOL
Well, I hope they wear hairnets while cooking! LOL.
Tad Askew

San Antonio, TX

#63 Jun 26, 2011
"How much for one rib"? "Do you have change for a hundred"?

LOFL, that is priceless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Gardening Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News One nation, under me (Jul '08) 23 hr ANONYMOUS 51
News Authorities find 12 marijuana plants behind Lau... (Jul '11) Mon Bevin 121
News Nestle buying Quebec vitamin maker Atrium Innov... Dec 7 state of the union 1
News Lure of land gives way to frustration (Aug '08) Dec 7 Fart Suppliers 164
News These chefs are blending culinary traditions ac... Nov 23 FARTED GOODY 3
News Muskoka mystery: Family linked to disappearance... Nov 22 CTV TV up there 1
News Home Improvement (Jun '12) Nov '17 stephenbock 53
More from around the web