Gunman's mother kept trials of home l...

Gunman's mother kept trials of home life hidden

There are 798 comments on the The Kansas City Star story from Dec 17, 2012, titled Gunman's mother kept trials of home life hidden. In it, The Kansas City Star reports that:

At the bar, everybody knew her name.Nancy Lanza was the one who, if she heard you were short on cash, regularly offered to pick up the tab at My Place.Two or three nights a week, Lanza - the mother of the gunman in Connecticut's horrific school massacre - came in for carryout salads, but stayed for Chardonnay and good humor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Kansas City Star.

“"*" Always Thinking "*"”

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

#41 Dec 17, 2012
It probably kept her from shooting him.
Wilma Fingerdu

Norristown, PA

#42 Dec 17, 2012
Bubbletoes wrote:
Does anybody think mom shoulda-been home with her mentally needy kid instead of hanging out at a bar? Responsible gun owners keep their guns inaccessable to unauthorized persons. I lay the direct blame on this mother. The rest of the blame goes to lawmakers who legislated Federal Gun-Free Zones.
I hear about a "tipping point" and I agree. THIS should be the tipping-point where parents DEMAND 1. Granting teachers/staff exemptions from carry regulations. AND/OR 2. Establishment of either a Federal school protective service, or sanctioning state or local school protection services.
We hire men with guns to protect our cash; why don't we protect our kids? If we can pay THOUSANDS of TSA agents to grope us, we can afford at-least one armed protector at EVERY school. And better-yet, we can qualify and assist teachers/staff to carry too. When there's trouble, police are only minutes away. Too-bad minutes are too long when a nut is on a shooting spree.
so the answer is we arm EVERYONE, shoot first then ask questions later? ok, so let's say you got your wish & you've now sent your wife & kids to the store. now there's a robbery & everyone in the place is armed & every Elmer Fudd mofo is firing away to stop the robbery. your wife & kids are dead but hey, gun control..all those bullets hit something. right? good idea.

“Are We Having Fun Yet???”

Since: Jun 08

If Not, Why Not!!!

#43 Dec 17, 2012
Christian Answers wrote:
<quoted text>
How do we know that this wasn't a wonderful mother? How do we know that she didn't struggle Adam's whole life to give him a good and normal life? How do we know that she didn't keep the guns locked away from him? How do we know that he didn't have to kill her to get the guns away from her? He did kill her! How do we know that if Adam hadn't killed his mother and took her guns, he would have killed someone else and took their guns? And if Adam hadn't used guns to kill people, what would he have used - a car, a bomb, poison, etc.? I hope God has forgiven this poor disturbed boy.
Great post CA!!!

So much we don't know and it's sure easy for some to sit here and pass judgement on people when they really know very little about those peoples lives.

If Not, Why Not!!!

#44 Dec 17, 2012
Christian Answers wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right. They get angry if they have 30 minutes with nothing to do!
I have seen it on the walls of FaceBook.

Text me I'm bored.

The mind boggles.....

If Not, Why Not!!!

#45 Dec 17, 2012
Wilma Fingerdu wrote:
<quoted text>
so the answer is we arm EVERYONE, shoot first then ask questions later? ok, so let's say you got your wish & you've now sent your wife & kids to the store. now there's a robbery & everyone in the place is armed & every Elmer Fudd mofo is firing away to stop the robbery. your wife & kids are dead but hey, gun control..all those bullets hit something. right? good idea.
This goes so far past guns. It is our whole way of life that should be in question here.

“I know where you are,”

Right here under my thumb

#46 Dec 17, 2012
Christian Answers wrote:
<quoted text>
How do we know that this wasn't a wonderful mother?
She kept loaded guns in the same house as a mentally disturbed child?

If Not, Why Not!!!

#47 Dec 17, 2012
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
I noticed that also. It's almost a carbon copy of the theater shooter.
It's a sickness deep in our society. So much needs to change but there is money to be made by many who are already very rich. They will fight to keep things just as they are.......
Wilma Fingerdu

Norristown, PA

#48 Dec 17, 2012
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
She kept loaded guns in the same house as a mentally disturbed child?
she was a "responsible gun owner"... everyone's a responsible gun owner untill one day your child finds your ammo, someone steals the gun from you, or the media reports your mentally disturbed child took them to do this. btw, aspergers? not a killer syndrome but media sure makes it out like that eh? everyone with aspergers is ill & everyone with aspergers will kill you.
Wilma Fingerdu

Norristown, PA

#49 Dec 17, 2012
oh but wait.. all responsible gun owners are SURE they will be able to defend & protect themselves & everyone that nobody could ever take their guns to do this.

“Pompous pontificator”

Location hidden

#50 Dec 17, 2012
Exaggerate much? Did you read anything about any other places than schools? Kids need to be protected; this is clear. Nobody is doing enough to protect them; this is clear.

Kindly give us YOUR plan for protecting our kids. Come-on, it's as easy to write positive, helpful words here as it is to criticize what others write. Tell us what YOU would do if YOU were King.
Wilma Fingerdu wrote:
<quoted text>

“I know where you are,”

Right here under my thumb

#51 Dec 17, 2012
Wilma Fingerdu wrote:
<quoted text>
everyone with aspergers will kill you.
Really?!!

Dammit and I was just starting to like asparagus.
Wilma Fingerdu

Norristown, PA

#52 Dec 17, 2012
Bubbletoes wrote:
Exaggerate much? Did you read anything about any other places than schools? Kids need to be protected; this is clear. Nobody is doing enough to protect them; this is clear.
Kindly give us YOUR plan for protecting our kids. Come-on, it's as easy to write positive, helpful words here as it is to criticize what others write. Tell us what YOU would do if YOU were King.
<quoted text>
I exaggerat only as much as you, the responsible gun owner who can protect anyone & all from all evil. this is why laws are in place. I will protect my own & don't need the help of elmer fudd.
Wilma Fingerdu

Norristown, PA

#53 Dec 17, 2012
Bubbletoes wrote:
<quoted text>
& what do you do when you're disarmed by said person & now your firearm is the weapon of choice? or are you that badass that it can't ever happen?
Wilma Fingerdu

Norristown, PA

#54 Dec 17, 2012
I'm willing to bet it's not that latter.

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#55 Dec 17, 2012
Ky girl wrote:
<quoted text> hanging out at a bar?
doesn't sound like hanging out like NORM...

Nancy Lanza was the one who, if she heard you were short on cash, regularly offered to pick up the tab at My Place.

Two or three nights a week, Lanza - the mother of the gunman in Connecticut's horrific school massacre - came in for carryout salads, but stayed for Chardonnay and good humor. The divorced mother of two - still smooth-skinned and ash blonde at 52 - clearly didn't have to work, but was always glad to share talk of her beloved Red Sox, gardening and a growing enthusiasm for target shooting.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#56 Dec 17, 2012
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
It probably kept her from shooting him.
try this , I'm positive she only sees her SON not what you all claim... just her Baby....

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#57 Dec 17, 2012
Wilma Fingerdu wrote:
<quoted text>
I exaggerat only as much as you, the responsible gun owner who can protect anyone & all from all evil. this is why laws are in place. I will protect my own & don't need the help of elmer fudd.
always throw bullets around where there are children , let alone people .... huuuuuuuuuuuuuum

MR. Fudd had a purpose , did have a fault though he always hunted out of season .... ask Bugs & Daffy

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#58 Dec 17, 2012
Bubbletoes wrote:
<quoted text>
seem to remember it was the POST OFFICE for about two years.. not to mention a campus or two

If Not, Why Not!!!

#59 Dec 17, 2012
Wilma Fingerdu wrote:
oh but wait.. all responsible gun owners are SURE they will be able to defend & protect themselves & everyone that nobody could ever take their guns to do this.
And no one ever stole a car from a responsible car owner and did something against the law with said car.

Or someone stole someones whiskey and drank it even though they were under age.

I never said I could protect everyone or than my gun couldn't be taken away. My gun is for my protection and I have a better chance with it than without it.

Don't like guns, don't buy any......
roby

Fairport, NY

#60 Dec 17, 2012
Wilma Fingerdu wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe she did, we don't know that. Asperger's isn't an excuse to why he did it but the media sure makes it sound like that eh? that term's being thrown around & makes people think everyone with it will kill you, it's not the case. it's MILD form of autism. there's underlying issues to that action, not the disease.
thank god for your post not blaming asperger all people with asperger disorder are not murderers . they are highly functioning people . my grandson has asperger disorder he graduated college has a good job lives on his own and drives a car he has many friends all without asperger we are very proud of him he is also an actor in our town and speaks italian german, chinese, as we have many students who attend university of Rochester who need assistance with language . he was discovered to have asperger at age 5 years old. he was mainstreamed in school and mainstreamed in high school and college. we are proud of him , his form of asperger is very mild. I do not mean to brag about my grandson nor do I mean to belittle anyone I just want to post that asperger is very common and not a horrible affliction . I believe this adam lanza knew what he was doing and that asperger kids and adults know right from wrong. this lanza person had mental problems which had nothing to do with asperger disorder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Gardening Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Home Improvement (Jun '12) Nov 2 stephenbock 53
News Bluewater View condos unveils tower design (Mar '17) Oct 26 GayGrandpa 3
News Farmer claims neighbor poisoned crops in proper... Oct 24 stitchstone 1
News Some residents don't like them, but Columbus sa... Oct '17 They cannot kill ... 1
stones manufacturers Oct '17 Andymolly 1
News Lure of land gives way to frustration (Aug '08) Oct '17 Farts R Tasty 153
News Melange Creperie to open long-awaited brick-and... Oct '17 Houston Farts 1
More from around the web