Gunman's mother kept trials of home life hidden

Dec 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Kansas City Star

At the bar, everybody knew her name.Nancy Lanza was the one who, if she heard you were short on cash, regularly offered to pick up the tab at My Place.Two or three nights a week, Lanza - the mother of the gunman in Connecticut's horrific school massacre - came in for carryout salads, but stayed for Chardonnay and good humor.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of798
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I like tight fitting jeans ”

Since: Dec 12

that give men big eyes

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

She knew he had a problem and should have talked to someone like a Priest or Pastor about him
Remeron

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Dec 17, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Bubbletoes wrote:
Does anybody think mom shoulda-been home with her mentally needy kid instead of hanging out at a bar? Responsible gun owners keep their guns inaccessable to unauthorized persons. I lay the direct blame on this mother. The rest of the blame goes to lawmakers who legislated Federal Gun-Free Zones.
I hear about a "tipping point" and I agree. THIS should be the tipping-point where parents DEMAND 1. Granting teachers/staff exemptions from carry regulations. AND/OR 2. Establishment of either a Federal school protective service, or sanctioning state or local school protection services.
We hire men with guns to protect our cash; why don't we protect our kids? If we can pay THOUSANDS of TSA agents to grope us, we can afford at-least one armed protector at EVERY school. And better-yet, we can qualify and assist teachers/staff to carry too. When there's trouble, police are only minutes away. Too-bad minutes are too long when a nut is on a shooting spree.
How about real "Drug free school zones" its a big joke. They line up at the nurses office to take amphetamines and what ever else psycho pharma thinks it can make a buck on labeling kids sick with no test known to medical science.

Some damb *ss behavoir checklist is all thats needed to label and drug a child for life !

Now they are having psychotic episodes as a result of this multi billion dollar scam and shooting up the schools !!

“Are We Having Fun Yet???”

Since: Jun 08

If Not, Why Not!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Dec 17, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
I follow your thinking TL, and I for one refuse to be held hostage or cower over the idea that there are still a few gun-toting crazies out there. That being said however, just as it's our right to carry a gun, it is also our right to be safe without one.
Thank you.

I also refuse to be held hostage or cower and that is why I carry. As a woman I feel safer carrying. I've never had to use my gun and I hope I never need to.

We have always had a prob. Back in the day some guy pulled a gun on my husband and me. I thought I was going to die. My brother was shot at by some crazy one night on the expressway years ago.

Those that don't want to carry, I undersand but as for me, I shall continue to be the law abiding citizen that I am who has a legally carried gun......

“Are We Having Fun Yet???”

Since: Jun 08

If Not, Why Not!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Dec 17, 2012
 

Judged:

3

Bertha 3 wrote:
She knew he had a problem and should have talked to someone like a Priest or Pastor about him
Do you know that she didn't???

Stop blaming the victim!!!

“Are We Having Fun Yet???”

Since: Jun 08

If Not, Why Not!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Dec 17, 2012
 
Remeron wrote:
<quoted text>
How about real "Drug free school zones" its a big joke. They line up at the nurses office to take amphetamines and what ever else psycho pharma thinks it can make a buck on labeling kids sick with no test known to medical science.
Some damb *ss behavoir checklist is all thats needed to label and drug a child for life !
Now they are having psychotic episodes as a result of this multi billion dollar scam and shooting up the schools !!
What Remeron said!!!

We are a nation of pill poppers. People think it's OK if it's RX.....or over the counter for that matter.....

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Dec 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

This may not be the place for me to say this..but..I onced witness a mother making her daugther(12-13) taking meds after the daughter had told her mother she didn't like the way it made her feel..How sad I felt for the child...and it was like for I think for ADHD or something to that affect.We need to listen to our children and bring that up to their doctor...I know the mother also has some mental problems and had been hospitalized before...Just makes me wonder about many things I see and hear.
I have even witness a mother(an elderly person) going through a struggle while on a med and the grown sons never bother to help even after telling them by others(neighbor)..On son was a retired mental doctor.So what is this telling you???..I felt bad and sad for this person.

“Are We Having Fun Yet???”

Since: Jun 08

If Not, Why Not!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Dec 17, 2012
 
honeymylove wrote:
This may not be the place for me to say this..but..I onced witness a mother making her daugther(12-13) taking meds after the daughter had told her mother she didn't like the way it made her feel..How sad I felt for the child...and it was like for I think for ADHD or something to that affect.We need to listen to our children and bring that up to their doctor...I know the mother also has some mental problems and had been hospitalized before...Just makes me wonder about many things I see and hear.
I have even witness a mother(an elderly person) going through a struggle while on a med and the grown sons never bother to help even after telling them by others(neighbor)..On son was a retired mental doctor.So what is this telling you???..I felt bad and sad for this person.
Thanks for posting this. I think this is the time and the place.

RX drugs should be talked about. People pop them without a thought, after all, a doctor gave them a script, so they must be good for us, or so they think.

The western way is not the only way to treat ills. There are better ways and in the east they have been using them with great success for a very long time. Natural is always better...

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Dec 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Bertha 3 wrote:
She knew he had a problem and should have talked to someone like a Priest or Pastor about him
we see it as she had a problem .... but she saw it as her son
Christian Answers

Clinton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Dec 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Tiger Lilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. We need to feed the children good food, not the junk crap they serve in lots of schools due to budget cuts.
ADD and ADHD should be treated with a clean diet not powerful drugs with horrible side effects.
Bingo! I am a firm believer that a lot of the mental and behavior problems that kids are having these days is due to the numerous childhood vaccines AND the chemicals, additives, antibiotics, steroids, food colorings, etc that are in the food that children mainly eat. Also, my doctor who treats several of these children told me that a lot of times ADD/ADHD is inherited. Have you noticed that many of the anti-depressants have a warning on them that they might make the person suicidal??? That's all a depressed person needs! There is a reason for all of the mental issues that children are having these days. The numbers are so high and rising that they have had to give new names to mental/behavioral disorders! Why?

“"Always Thinking"”

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Dec 17, 2012
 
You are what you eat!...and drink...
Christian Answers

Clinton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Dec 17, 2012
 

Judged:

4

1

1

Bertha 3 wrote:
She knew he had a problem and should have talked to someone like a Priest or Pastor about him
How do we know that this wasn't a wonderful mother? How do we know that she didn't struggle Adam's whole life to give him a good and normal life? How do we know that she didn't keep the guns locked away from him? How do we know that he didn't have to kill her to get the guns away from her? He did kill her! How do we know that if Adam hadn't killed his mother and took her guns, he would have killed someone else and took their guns? And if Adam hadn't used guns to kill people, what would he have used - a car, a bomb, poison, etc.? I hope God has forgiven this poor disturbed boy.

“Are We Having Fun Yet???”

Since: Jun 08

If Not, Why Not!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Dec 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Christian Answers wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo! I am a firm believer that a lot of the mental and behavior problems that kids are having these days is due to the numerous childhood vaccines AND the chemicals, additives, antibiotics, steroids, food colorings, etc that are in the food that children mainly eat. Also, my doctor who treats several of these children told me that a lot of times ADD/ADHD is inherited. Have you noticed that many of the anti-depressants have a warning on them that they might make the person suicidal??? That's all a depressed person needs! There is a reason for all of the mental issues that children are having these days. The numbers are so high and rising that they have had to give new names to mental/behavioral disorders! Why?
Thank you for adding so much more to my post. I so agree with you on this.
I would add, less TV and computer time and more time in the fresh air and sunshine with exercise. Kids today have such short attention spans due to all the TV and computer time. No wonder some can't sit still in class. They are expecting constant entertainment from morning till bedtime.
disgusted

Warrenville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Dec 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

tallyho wrote:
thought makes me wonder ????????
if you as a parent knew that the child was a problem one , than why all the guns ????
amen to that! i would think you'd want them as far away from him as possible.

“Are We Having Fun Yet???”

Since: Jun 08

If Not, Why Not!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Dec 17, 2012
 
Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
You are what you eat!...and drink...
And smoke.....
disgusted

Warrenville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Dec 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bertha 3 wrote:
She knew he had a problem and should have talked to someone like a Priest or Pastor about him
she should have seen a mental health professional and done some kind of intervention. you can't tell me that this kid didn't have serious problems. look at the crazed look in his eyes in the photo they've shown on tv. all these shooters have that same crazed look in their eyes. how come no one ever notices that?
Christian Answers

Clinton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Dec 17, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
You are what you eat!...and drink...
Oh yeah, and don't forget that the well meaning but brainwashed doctors drug up these already struggling kids adding more chemicals to their bodies. And we really wonder what is wrong? We can look at a meth head or a crack addict and see what the chemicals do to them, but we think all those chemicals don't have an effect on kids, get real. Oh, and then add a few hours of daily television, movies, video games, internet - all violence filled! What can we expect! I have seen in my own extended family how all of this (especially video games) desensitizes kids to violence, murder, death, etc. If you let a kid sit and kill people on a video game every single day, especially a kid with mental issues, WHAT CAN YOU POSSIBLY EXPECT!
Christian Answers

Clinton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Dec 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Tiger Lilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for adding so much more to my post. I so agree with you on this.
I would add, less TV and computer time and more time in the fresh air and sunshine with exercise. Kids today have such short attention spans due to all the TV and computer time. No wonder some can't sit still in class. They are expecting constant entertainment from morning till bedtime.
You are so right. They get angry if they have 30 minutes with nothing to do!

“"Always Thinking"”

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Dec 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I noticed that also. It's almost a carbon copy of the theater shooter.
Wilma Fingerdu

Norristown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Dec 17, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
she should have seen a mental health professional and done some kind of intervention. you can't tell me that this kid didn't have serious problems. look at the crazed look in his eyes in the photo they've shown on tv. all these shooters have that same crazed look in their eyes. how come no one ever notices that?
maybe she did, we don't know that. Asperger's isn't an excuse to why he did it but the media sure makes it sound like that eh? that term's being thrown around & makes people think everyone with it will kill you, it's not the case. it's MILD form of autism. there's underlying issues to that action, not the disease.
Ky girl

Brentwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Dec 17, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

Bubbletoes wrote:
Does anybody think mom shoulda-been home with her mentally needy kid instead of hanging out at a bar? Responsible gun owners keep their guns inaccessable to unauthorized persons. I lay the direct blame on this mother. The rest of the blame goes to lawmakers who legislated Federal Gun-Free Zones.
I hear about a "tipping point" and I agree. THIS should be the tipping-point where parents DEMAND 1. Granting teachers/staff exemptions from carry regulations. AND/OR 2. Establishment of either a Federal school protective service, or sanctioning state or local school protection services.
We hire men with guns to protect our cash; why don't we protect our kids? If we can pay THOUSANDS of TSA agents to grope us, we can afford at-least one armed protector at EVERY school. And better-yet, we can qualify and assist teachers/staff to carry too. When there's trouble, police are only minutes away. Too-bad minutes are too long when a nut is on a shooting spree.
hanging out at a bar?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of798
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••