Gunman's mother kept trials of home life hidden

Dec 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Kansas City Star

At the bar, everybody knew her name.Nancy Lanza was the one who, if she heard you were short on cash, regularly offered to pick up the tab at My Place.Two or three nights a week, Lanza - the mother of the gunman in Connecticut's horrific school massacre - came in for carryout salads, but stayed for Chardonnay and good humor.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of798
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

thought makes me wonder ????????

if you as a parent knew that the child was a problem one , than why all the guns ????
Mahasattva

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Looks like karma bit her in the butt.
DonkeyEstonkey

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Interesting that the writer uses the more insidious "Hidden" in the headline, vs the more appropriate "private" in the body of the piece.
Kind of a hook for us conspiracy minded readers.

After all the literary one upsmanship amongst all these hacks, what I get is a good, kind, and seemingly generous woman murdered at the hands of a deeply disturbed, delusional son, who subsequently massacred 30 or so innocent children and teachers a few blocks away.

The guns used were legally obtained, and the level of mental illness did not, apparently rise to the legal level of forced commitment.
A terrible terrible tragedy, not easily prevented, despite all the posthumous indignation, by those who mostly talk (and write), and little else.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

too get off the thread for a second ...

this isn't the country I fought for....... make that a person..........

They can’t even mourn in peace.

A heartbreaking Sunday Mass — and a rehearsal for a Christmas pageant set to memorialize a tiny victims of the Connecticut school rampage — were abruptly canceled yesterday after a sick prankster called in a bogus threat to come and “finish” shooter Adam Lanza’s heinous work, authorities said.

Parishioners at St. Rose of Lima in Newtown had just begun the service when Monsignor Robert Weiss ordered everyone to leave at around 12:30 p.m.

“There’s been a threat made against the church,” he told the more than 400 churchgoers.
STRICKEN: Medics carry a woman into an ambulance outside the Newtown church yesterday after it was evacuated over a bomb threat called in by a man who vowed to “finish the job the other guy didn’t.”
Reuters
STRICKEN: Medics carry a woman into an ambulance outside the Newtown church yesterday after it was evacuated over a bomb threat called in by a man who vowed to “finish the job the other guy didn’t.”

“I need everyone to evacuate.”

Kids began to cry and clung to their mothers and fathers as everyone was quickly ushered out.

“I know where you are,”

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

tallyho wrote:
too get off the thread for a second ...
this isn't the country I fought for....... make that a person..........
They can’t even mourn in peace.
A heartbreaking Sunday Mass — and a rehearsal for a Christmas pageant set to memorialize a tiny victims of the Connecticut school rampage — were abruptly canceled yesterday after a sick prankster called in a bogus threat to come and “finish” shooter Adam Lanza’s heinous work, authorities said.
Parishioners at St. Rose of Lima in Newtown had just begun the service when Monsignor Robert Weiss ordered everyone to leave at around 12:30 p.m.
“There’s been a threat made against the church,” he told the more than 400 churchgoers.
Reuters
“I need everyone to evacuate.”
Kids began to cry and clung to their mothers and fathers as everyone was quickly ushered out.
Very similar to those religeous zealots that protest soldier's funerals, anhey?

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very similar to those religeous zealots that protest soldier's funerals, anhey?
yes you are correct , but this to me has a heavy impact ...

CHILDREN.... and as you know their bravery speaks volumes

“"Always Thinking"”

Since: Nov 12

Greensburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

I think we've seen enough examples recently to recognize some facts that have been staring us in the face for years.
Nothing is ever said are done about the 'strangeness' of some of those around us until it's too late.
It's a fact and anyone that's ever dealt with it knows mentally chalenged people can go off at any time. Whether they be exceptionally intelligent or not.
Several were aware of Adams problems but none done anything. Did his mother ever have him checked out or was she to busy or embarrassed to do so?
When you can't figure out where someones 'mind' is
it's a fact they don't know either, and what effect that has on them when they are rational is not known. It's similar to a hypnotic state or a
self imposed hypnosis.

“Are We Having Fun Yet???”

If Not, Why Not!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Hoosier Hillbilly wrote:
I think we've seen enough examples recently to recognize some facts that have been staring us in the face for years.
Nothing is ever said are done about the 'strangeness' of some of those around us until it's too late.
It's a fact and anyone that's ever dealt with it knows mentally chalenged people can go off at any time. Whether they be exceptionally intelligent or not.
Several were aware of Adams problems but none done anything. Did his mother ever have him checked out or was she to busy or embarrassed to do so?
When you can't figure out where someones 'mind' is
it's a fact they don't know either, and what effect that has on them when they are rational is not known. It's similar to a hypnotic state or a
self imposed hypnosis.
We will have to wait and see if she had taken him to see professionals or not.

I posted this at another thread, and people need to think about this too. He could have been talking one or more of these RX's.

They are linked to school shootings.

http://healthwatcher.wordpress.com/2008/02/15...

“I know where you are,”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

There is a very good reason why you never store gasoline in the same place as explosives - the same could be said for the reason you don't put people with mental disorders in the same place as loaded weapons.

If Not, Why Not!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
There is a very good reason why you never store gasoline in the same place as explosives - the same could be said for the reason you don't put people with mental disorders in the same place as loaded weapons.
He has mental issues, he lived with his mother, she had guns in the house.

Back in the day we emptied the places where we kept people with mental issues, we gave them a monthly check and RX meds and made them the prob of society.

RX's are killing people each and every day, where is the debate about pills killing people???

See my previous post link......

“Pompous pontificator”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Does anybody think mom shoulda-been home with her mentally needy kid instead of hanging out at a bar? Responsible gun owners keep their guns inaccessable to unauthorized persons. I lay the direct blame on this mother. The rest of the blame goes to lawmakers who legislated Federal Gun-Free Zones.

I hear about a "tipping point" and I agree. THIS should be the tipping-point where parents DEMAND 1. Granting teachers/staff exemptions from carry regulations. AND/OR 2. Establishment of either a Federal school protective service, or sanctioning state or local school protection services.

We hire men with guns to protect our cash; why don't we protect our kids? If we can pay THOUSANDS of TSA agents to grope us, we can afford at-least one armed protector at EVERY school. And better-yet, we can qualify and assist teachers/staff to carry too. When there's trouble, police are only minutes away. Too-bad minutes are too long when a nut is on a shooting spree.

“I know where you are,”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Home schooling never looked so good, now has it?
Remeron

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

"Out of 100 patients treated, we may expect to see two to three patients [who] will experience increases in suicidality due to short-term treatment," said Tarek A. Hammad, the FDA analyst who conducted the latest review. The increase, he said, "is beyond the suicidality as a result of the disease being treated."

Source: www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A18791...

What kind of pills was he taking ? and why is this a question not asked on the T.V news ?

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

because we shouldn't have to protect our schools/airport/post offices/ etc etc ...

limit guns and users ... too simple ...

why because antiquated thinking the 2nd amendment ....the federal government doesn't control the state gun laws

the US protects the individual's right

If Not, Why Not!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

milwaukee69 wrote:
Home schooling never looked so good, now has it?
Crazies are in the mall, at the burger joint, at the movies.

Guess the kids can be home schooled and then they can watch movies online and shop online and have burgers at home.

Maybe we can figure out a way for all of us to never leave home......

If Not, Why Not!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Remeron wrote:
"Out of 100 patients treated, we may expect to see two to three patients [who] will experience increases in suicidality due to short-term treatment," said Tarek A. Hammad, the FDA analyst who conducted the latest review. The increase, he said, "is beyond the suicidality as a result of the disease being treated."
Source: www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A18791...
What kind of pills was he taking ? and why is this a question not asked on the T.V news ?
Follow the cash. Drug companies sponsor TV shows......
Remeron

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

There is no Constitutional amendment protecting the psycho pharma's right to push its poison on American school children, I checked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_a...

Psychiatric disorders are not medical diseases. There are no lab tests, brain scans, X-rays or chemical imbalance tests that can verify any so called "mental disorder" is a physical condition.

No child left behind has been replaced with "no child left undrugged" !!

Now they are having psychotic episodes from all these drugs and shooting up the damb schools.

This has to stop.

If Not, Why Not!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Bubbletoes wrote:
Does anybody think mom shoulda-been home with her mentally needy kid instead of hanging out at a bar? Responsible gun owners keep their guns inaccessable to unauthorized persons. I lay the direct blame on this mother. The rest of the blame goes to lawmakers who legislated Federal Gun-Free Zones.
I hear about a "tipping point" and I agree. THIS should be the tipping-point where parents DEMAND 1. Granting teachers/staff exemptions from carry regulations. AND/OR 2. Establishment of either a Federal school protective service, or sanctioning state or local school protection services.
We hire men with guns to protect our cash; why don't we protect our kids? If we can pay THOUSANDS of TSA agents to grope us, we can afford at-least one armed protector at EVERY school. And better-yet, we can qualify and assist teachers/staff to carry too. When there's trouble, police are only minutes away. Too-bad minutes are too long when a nut is on a shooting spree.
He was 20 and how about the dad, no blame for him? If that "kid" was on some RX for blame has to be placed there too. There is so much more than we don't know about this, at least for now.

“I know where you are,”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Tiger Lilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Crazies are in the mall, at the burger joint, at the movies.
Guess the kids can be home schooled and then they can watch movies online and shop online and have burgers at home.
Maybe we can figure out a way for all of us to never leave home......
I follow your thinking TL, and I for one refuse to be held hostage or cower over the idea that there are still a few gun-toting crazies out there. That being said however, just as it's our right to carry a gun, it is also our right to be safe without one.

If Not, Why Not!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2012

Judged:

Remeron wrote:
There is no Constitutional amendment protecting the psycho pharma's right to push its poison on American school children, I checked.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_a...
Psychiatric disorders are not medical diseases. There are no lab tests, brain scans, X-rays or chemical imbalance tests that can verify any so called "mental disorder" is a physical condition.
No child left behind has been replaced with "no child left undrugged" !!
Now they are having psychotic episodes from all these drugs and shooting up the damb schools.
This has to stop.
Agreed. We need to feed the children good food, not the junk crap they serve in lots of schools due to budget cuts.

ADD and ADHD should be treated with a clean diet not powerful drugs with horrible side effects.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of798
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••