How to choose genuine hand made paint...

How to choose genuine hand made painted oil painting to decorate room

Posted in the Home Decorating Forum

kyoco

Mountain View, CA

#1 Apr 23, 2013
Hi,

Here is a good article about how to buy handmade oil paintings to decorate room, and i want to share it with you. This article is from http://www.classicartspace.com which is an online art gallery.

What should we do to make our house looks unique? Everyone wants to decorate their own house beautifully and make it different from other’s. Then it’s a good idea to hang some oil paintings on the wall, because there is no doubt that an oil painting brings a touch of class to a room.

Before we rush out to buy our canvas arts, we should to take some time to think what style/size/color of paintings we should buy to suit our room. Art can be a very big investment so we need to be very sure we love it before we buy it

1. When select the color of a painting, we should choose the one that suits the color scheme of the room. No matter how beautiful the painting is, it will look out of place if its color clashes with the rest of the room.

2. Choose a genre of painting that reflects style. Certain genres can make a bold statement and they do not necessarily match with all types of décor. If your furniture is modern and minimalistic, a baroque painting will not be suitable for it. If you are using only one painting in the room then you can go with a dramatic one. However, if there is more than one then it’s better to choose one that complements each other well.

3. The size of the painting should be appropriate for the room and the furniture and other décor items it already possesses. The important thing to remember is that the framed art is the right size for the particular wall.

4. If you want to bring great art to your home, you can buy reproductions of famous art masterpieces, such as Starry Night by Vicent Van Gogh, The Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci, etc. Buying reproductions can help you save a lot of money.

As you can see, there are many things to be taken into account when using an oil painting in your home decor. However, you will be very pleased with the results because your room will have a very charming and sophisticated look in the end.
katy

India

#2 Aug 8, 2013
Choosing a good quality oil painting requires you to know all about them. Otherwise, your investment could be a total waste. Go to oilpaintingsoasis.co.uk to review their amazing collection of oil paintings and buy one for your home from here. The colors, sheen and theme of the painting can make a huge difference to the look of your room.
maryna

Cape Town, South Africa

#3 Aug 14, 2014
good info,,my husband was a art collector,,i have several pieces of old paintings,,can i use different paitnings on same wall? like old farmhouse oil paintings on one and paintings of nature on the other wall/?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Decorating Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Minecraft good versus evil comforter set. Nov '17 Sherri 1
Help decorating a comforter set Nov '17 Angela 2
Black countertops, white appliances, need sugge... Nov '17 Anonymous 1
News Home Improvement (Jun '12) Nov '17 stephenbock 53
News Bedroom Furniture - Interior Design Tips (Aug '09) Oct '17 HCPZ 65
Home decor Options (Jun '11) Oct '17 HCPZ 23
The best home design and decor site!! click to ... (Nov '15) Oct '17 hoomans 5
More from around the web