Housing & Mortgages for Gay & Lesbian...

Housing & Mortgages for Gay & Lesbian Couples

There are 3 comments on the EDGEboston.com Style Feed story from Mar 22, 2011, titled Housing & Mortgages for Gay & Lesbian Couples. In it, EDGEboston.com Style Feed reports that:

This guide will help to explain the different approaches that same-sex couples can take to getting a mortgage, establishing ownership of a home, and creating legal documents that anticipate any legal or property-ownership issues that might occur if the couple breaks up or one partner dies.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGEboston.com Style Feed.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#1 Mar 22, 2011
Very good article and advice. However, when we finally get Marriage Equality in this country, we will then have the security that heteros have. Our families need and deserve the same security that heteros enjoy, for which they do not have to spend the thousands that my spouse and I did to gain some security, but not all.

“WAY TO GO”

Since: Mar 11

IRELAND

#2 Mar 22, 2011
From the article, "In the U.S., same-sex marriages are only legal in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Iowa, and Vermont". This is not totally correct. Same-Sex Couples have the right to marry in DC. This article leaves out the legally married couples in California as well.

This article does point out why Marriage Equality is so important........if a couple is married, then they should own property exactly as any other married couple regardless of gender make-up!!!

“TMA&CRR One Love One Marriage ”

Since: Sep 09

port orange

#3 Mar 22, 2011
its bull shit we have to PAY all this extra for the legal papers we could just have with marriage

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Buying Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Avocado toast with mortgage? Yep, it's a thing Jul 2 Eat Chickpeas Ins... 1
Thinking of buying a house is my offer bad? Jun '17 tmns 1
Buying home next to open commercial lots. May '17 Whtlghtnng78 1
Home Inspection May '17 Maggie 1
News It's legal to get a mortgage even if you are un... May '17 Wildchild 1
News Craig Barrager Remax Real Estate Centre (May '14) Apr '17 where tax cash going 9
Fixer Upper Vs. Move in Ready Mar '17 Melissad79 1
More from around the web