Requiem for GM's Oshawa truck plant

There are 3 comments on the Canada.com story from Jun 12, 2009, titled Requiem for GM's Oshawa truck plant. In it, Canada.com reports that:

After 9.7 million trucks , General Motors' Truck Plant in Oshawa is closed - for good.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Canada.com.

Since: Jun 09

Ajax, Canada

#1 Jun 14, 2009
I can't wait to see the quality workmanship of the trucks coming out of Mexico.If I'm correct GM pull the Cavilier out of Mexico because the quality sucked.Makes no sense to me closing a plant that had numerous awards for quality and built a quality product.It just doesn't make any sense.
PAUL SHYKORA ARTs

Calgary, Canada

#2 Jan 8, 2013
..GM CANADA is still ..Strong,here...eh..$$$..(+)
Retired GM Supevisor

Lakeland, FL

#3 Jan 29, 2013
Lets remember GM is a business I would not have what I have today if not for GM. Decisions have to be made that we do not agree with or understand, but the share holder still wants a very good return on their investments, and have a great influence on the decisions of the (and all) companies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Robert Floyd Layne Arrested (Jul '10) 6 hr Phil 389
News Mike Huckabee Stands By Josh Duggar 23 hr Good nights right 2
News Grand Blanc woman Melissa Bosek to face embezzl... (Dec '08) Sat Pine Hollow Police 54
News Samsung washing machines: Consumer Affairs Mini... Sat Dansplace 1
News Paulson insists bailout restoring stability (Nov '08) Sat swedenforever 14
News 21 Reasons Hotel Sex Is Better Fri Hotel101 1
News Quit protecting financial crooks (Oct '09) May 21 swedenforever 11
More from around the web