JP Morgan Chase to trim 4,000 jobs

Feb 27, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dallas Morning News

JPMorgan is trimming about 4,000 jobs, or about 1.5 percent of its work force, becoming the latest big bank to shrink its staff.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
waiting on the news from

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

ok, so i work for chase and we were all a bit lost when we heard, i hope and pray that its not me, but if it is then i hope it comes with a package.
jjj

Orange Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

I'm in florida and no one is saying anything.
Lost

Medina, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

I was in Albion and they laid off people who made the most, who was there the longest and the best workers. Oh I am sure it also mattered if the head manager liked you or not.
Waiting

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

I currenlty work for Chase in Mortgage Banking and who knows what's going to happen. Some same
we're all going to get laid off some say we're safe, some say if we do get laid off they will place us.....
jjj

Orange Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

so they have already laid off in new york? was this mortgage banking??
Enlightened

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Ha Ha! They got you to do their dirty work then they give you the boot. I hope the whole company shuts down.

Since: Sep 10

Obama Sucks, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Hi.
FACEPALM

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Stop being retarded. They're doing this through attrition. Rather than terminating people, they will not replace unncessary positions once the person quits, mostly in the mortgage sector that are otherwise being offset by decrease in demand for Refinances, and work that is being replaced by convenience online.
Hotrodsduo

El Cajon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Unfortunately, attrition will not account for THAT many jobs. People are not leaving at that rate. The recent layoffs evidence this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••