Clean-coal project pushing for help f...

Clean-coal project pushing for help from lawmakers

There are 2 comments on the Independent story from Feb 28, 2010, titled Clean-coal project pushing for help from lawmakers. In it, Independent reports that:

Backers of the proposed $2 billion Cash Creek coal-gasification project in western Kentucky asked lawmakers Thursday to pass legislation that would force utilities to purchase the higher-priced electricity it would generate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Independent.

Providence, KY

#1 Apr 8, 2010
Jeez! Can we all honestly afford MORE EXPENSIVE expensive utilities? LMAO I did not studder! Think about it... there are individuals now paying double the utility bills to live in Providence, as opposed to KU lights in Madisonville, GrapeVine or other areas! You know... if we all rallied together, and refused to pay the damn high ass bill they would have to drop it because they would lose WAY too much money. But do you think people are going to go without thier computers, movies, TV, or Coffee pots? HELL NO! Who's fault is it that all the politics in this town are screwed up? OURS! We elect these idiots JUST SO WE CAN BITCH! When they do not do things they promise, steal money from the city, or raise stuff so we pay back what they stole, we as citizens sit back and let them ram it deeper in. Spineless individuals who just like to bitch! Jeez!

*Climbs off her soap box*

And that's all I have to say about the politicians and what they do in this town!
polka dot

Belvidere, IL

#2 Dec 30, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Etowah sheriff pockets $750k in jail food funds... 3 hr Nan24 3
News Southern Ontario cities face economic slowdown:... 20 hr where do Taxes go 1
News Marble Arch Homes can create a family's dream home (Jul '07) Mar 13 monarchpointebuyer 40
News Former city planner, developer team up on propo... Mar 12 same as Russia eh 1
News My Tennessee Program Helps Homeowners Address S... Mar 12 DeDominicis 1
News Inside Jim Bakker Missouri town prepping for Ap... Mar 11 seriously 3
News Cops: Fire uncovers Lowell pot growing operation (Jan '12) Mar 9 Love All 85