McCloud reflects on 2009, plans for 2010

Full story: ThisWeek Community Newspapers

Reynoldsburg Mayor Brad McCloud talked about 2009 and looked ahead to this year during an interview in his office at the Reynoldsburg Municipal Building onWednesday, Dec.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
taxpayer

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

McBoob's code enforcement efforts are a joke-as are the rest of his diatribe..The guy should just concentrate on coming in to work before 10am and staying until 5pm like all the rest of the city employees. Word on the street is that is has effectively taken over the police department cutting deals with the FOP for promotions and discipline so he can get their political endorsement if and when he runs for state rep. He is a waste of perfectly good air and space...
Ron Stake

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

Taxpayer is correct. The mayor allowed the FOP to make the decision on who would be promoted to Sergeant.
I wonder what management school he attended? He disregarded the chief’s recommendation in order to gain favor with a union. Who is running Reynoldsburg?
taxpayer2

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

Wow. Harsh words Taxpayer considering you don't even know his political plans. He has always stated he doesn't want to be a state rep. I suspect the rest of your comments have the same level of accuracy as that one.

As for Ron, weren't your city wages being garnished? Perhaps you should focus on paying your bills...
Ron Stake

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

At least I'm willing to put my name with my comments.
Skeeter

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

I live in Reynoldsburg, and I've been hearing for what seems like forever that somebody's interested in the old Big Bear building. I wish it was true that a grocery store will move in. It would be great for those of us who live in that neighborhood. But all this talk never amounts to anything. I won't believe it until I see it.
Who Cares

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

When did the fireworks display for the Fourth of July holiday become a new event? Hats off to Ron Stake for standing behind what he writes.
wow

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

taxpayer 2, i am amazed that you feel it is okay do discuss someone else's garnishment of wages. that is a low blow. makes me wonder how you even know this. it is a private matter.
Actual Taxpayer

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

taxpayer 2, i am amazed that you feel it is okay do discuss someone else's garnishment of wages. that is a low blow. makes me wonder how you even know this. it is a private matter.

Your right, but the non-payment of taxes is NOT a private matter. How can one represent taxpayers if one does not actually pay their taxes?
HuberHoney

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

To the ignorant poster "taxpayer". You really have to be kidding me on the code enforcement. The city is FINALLY doing something about the trash homes/businesses, at least in my area. For 20 years, City Hall sat on their hands and did nothing about dilapidated homes and run down businesses. Well, at least City Hall did it's best to sell choppers on Main St:) All kidding aside, I think the city deserves kudos for it's code enforcement efforts, please keep at it. Clean this place up before we completely become like Whitehall!
taxpayer2

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

Wow -

Check the county court website. It's a public record, online and available for all to see. It makes me wonder how you couldn't know that.
wow

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2010

Just because it is available for all to see does not make is correct. I do not have the time to browse the county court records. I will leave that up to people who feel it is their business to know everyone else's business.
taxpayer

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2010

taxpayer2-by now the fact that mayor McBoob is in bed with the FOP is not even news..It is a well established fact that the Chief of Polices' recommendation for promotion was totally ignored and the little charade of doing "interviews" with all the candidates when the rest were not even told what was going on, not to mention the disciplinary issues which the Chief has been locled out of. Why don't you tell your husband-oops I mean the mayor to try coming to work before half the day is over and leaving the kid at home or a babysitter rather than having him running around staff meetings and the police department where everyone else has to watch him.
taxpayer2

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2010

Lots of hostility taxpayer! Sounds like I may have hit some buttons! I think you've confused me with someone else - however, it appears you're quite confused all the time.
taxpayer

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2010

Not as confused as one who would defend someone making about $90,000 a year who comes to work part-time and has to have the city employees babysit his kid..Huber Honey-I suggest since you know so much about the City's code enforcement efforts you go to the clerk of courts office to see what has happened with almost every one of them in 2009-they are being dismissed without even paying court costs to cover the administration of the court case..
and your point is

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2010

taxpayer wrote:
Not as confused as one who would defend someone making about $90,000 a year who comes to work part-time......
I am sure he puts in many hours outside of the office, at meetings, and on his lap top etc. You know just like the teachers who work part time for full time wages but claim they work long hours outside of the school building.
taxpayer

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2010

He does put in a lot of hours outside the office for sure-like the time awhile back when he called in sick to go play golf with council buddies...or when he's over at Deskins house having a brewsky or two..BTW-he doesn't travel back and forth with a laptop.
and your point is

Westerville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2010

I am not certain how many sick days,and personal days are part of the teacher's contract..but with your reply to my first comment,I rest my case :-)
HuberHoney

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2010

Huber Honey-I suggest since you know so much about the City's code enforcement efforts you go to the clerk of courts office to see what has happened with almost every one of them in 2009-they are being dismissed without even paying court costs to cover the administration of the court case.

Taxpayer, are you just stupid, uninformed, or just plain old ignorant. The Mayor has NOTHING to do with the prosecution of those code compliance cases. I believe that is the duties and responsibility of the PROSECUTOR. At least get your stupid comments in order and learn the mechanics of government before you open your uninformed mouth. I guess ignorance is bliss.....
HuberHoney

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2010

or when he's over at Deskins house having a brewsky or two

Please tell us your not comparing the drinking behavior of the current Mayor and a Councilman to Mr. Stake!!! That dude could drink virtually anyone the table. He handles those council meetings well while drunk as a monkey.
taxpayer

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2010

HuberHoney-unfortunately you are the ignorant one here. The City Attorney, while he is an elected official, does work with whatever administration in in office. If the mayor had the balls to do the job, then the city attorney would not be letting all these cases cost the city money, even though they are dumped in his lap after the half-assed job the building department does with their code enforcement. A number of times this has been brought out at council meetings but you must have missed those. As for the drinking issue, my point is that if you are being paid what Ball-less Brad is, as he is known by the city employees, then you should try to at least put in a few hours of work everyday instead of driving from your house to work around 10-10:30 am then home or out on "business" by 2pm or so.Just about everyone working down here sees it..At any rate, just keep telling yourself while Huberites get their cars and homes broken into that the Gateway Arch at Brice and Livingston, new street signs, and oh yes-the Community garden next to Eastgreen Apartments will turn your area and the rest of the city around.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••