Happy birthday Bowie: Crazy facts and bizarre myths about the star as ...

Jan 8, 2013 Full story: Mirror.co.uk 40

The former Baywatch star landed a A 150,000 deal regardless of how well she fared on the ITV series and lasted less than three minutes Where are we now? has been released on iTunes today with a follow-up album called The Next Day set for release in March David Bowie turns 66 today and has marked his birthday with a present for fans in the shape of ... (more)

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“VITILIGO”

Since: Jun 10

IS A BIOTCH

#2 Jan 8, 2013
Man without a hat wrote:
Bowie is way better than Wacko ever was, and he's still cool. Wacko lost his cool and jumped the shark in the late 80's.
I once had a Dalmatian named Bowie - so named because he had one blue eye and one brown eye. True story.
Bowie is cool but Elvis is cooler.
I once had a labrador called Elvis - so named because he had a curled upper lip, could pull every bitch on the block and could sing the blues. True story too.

Off topic, thanks for your PM. My New Year's resolution is no more games and no more cryptic. Did you make one?
Patrick

New York, NY

#3 Jan 8, 2013
J-J-Jina Wild wrote:
<quoted text>
Bowie is cool but Elvis is cooler.
I once had a labrador called Elvis - so named because he had a curled upper lip, could pull every bitch on the block and could sing the blues. True story too.
Off topic, thanks for your PM. My New Year's resolution is no more games and no more cryptic. Did you make one?
“Elvis was a major hero of mine. I was probably stupid enough to believe that having the same birthday as him actually meant something.”
– David Bowie

“VITILIGO”

IS A BIOTCH

#4 Jan 8, 2013
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
“Elvis was a major hero of mine. I was probably stupid enough to believe that having the same birthday as him actually meant something.”
– David Bowie
Elvis was a major hero to just about everybody who is everybody in music. And to those who were nothing in music too - even Wacko pretended to have met him (?????).

Good old Elvis, keeping it real.
Patrick

New York, NY

#5 Jan 8, 2013
J-J-Jina Wild wrote:
<quoted text>
Elvis was a major hero to just about everybody who is everybody in music. And to those who were nothing in music too - even Wacko pretended to have met him (?????).
Good old Elvis, keeping it real.
The biggest difference between the 2 artists was elvis was humble mj was not ! Mj had a commissioned painting over his bed in Neverland with Lincoln , Edison , Walt Disney , Einstein ,JFK, and ELVIS! Mj put himself at the head like Jesus ( last supper ) mj was a egomaniac

“VITILIGO”

IS A BIOTCH

#6 Jan 8, 2013
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
The biggest difference between the 2 artists was elvis was humble mj was not ! Mj had a commissioned painting over his bed in Neverland with Lincoln , Edison , Walt Disney , Einstein ,JFK, and ELVIS! Mj put himself at the head like Jesus ( last supper ) mj was a egomaniac
A narcissitic liar and an egomaniac. I have no patience for the (wo)man. Elvis was a different kettle of fish altogether - he was a good man, and more importantly ( I think) somebody who faced up to and admitted his mistakes. I think he's amazing.

I guess that is one of the reasons why Elvis still inspires such respect whilst Wacko only inspires F'loons.
Patrick

New York, NY

#7 Jan 8, 2013
J-J-Jina Wild wrote:
<quoted text>
A narcissitic liar and an egomaniac. I have no patience for the (wo)man. Elvis was a different kettle of fish altogether - he was a good man, and more importantly ( I think) somebody who faced up to and admitted his mistakes. I think he's amazing.
I guess that is one of the reasons why Elvis still inspires such respect whilst Wacko only inspires F'loons.
Well said ! Currently mj is not on the billboard top 200 for singles or sales ( elvis always is ) mj floons when informed GWR states elvis is the biggest selling solo artist in history " they cry overinflated sales! Yet don't get that mj doesn't sell like now !( lol)
Ziggy Stardust

Miami, FL

#8 Jan 8, 2013
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
No the biggest difference between the 2 was that Elvis liked women, whereas MJ liked little boys.
Internet Bully

Sydney, Australia

#9 Jan 8, 2013
J-J-Jina Wild wrote:
<quoted text>

Gee, I don't know... not to jump to the worst conclusions about someone?

“VITILIGO”

IS A BIOTCH

#10 Jan 8, 2013
That's a really good one. I'll add that to my stop getting drunk, stop dancing on the tables with no knickers on and no more games and no more cryptic. I answered your PM, by the way.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#11 Jan 8, 2013
Time in Quaaludes and red wine
Demanding Billy Dolls
And other friends of mine
Take your time...
David Bowie

“VITILIGO”

IS A BIOTCH

#12 Jan 8, 2013
Internet Bully wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, I don't know... not to jump to the worst conclusions about someone?
I'm sorry.
Internet Bully

Sydney, Australia

#13 Jan 8, 2013
J-J-Jina Wild wrote:
That's a really good one. I'll add that to my stop getting drunk, stop dancing on the tables with no knickers on and no more games and no more cryptic. I answered your PM, by the way.
I can't check at the mo but I will later :-)

Since: Nov 11

Conroe, TX

#14 Jan 9, 2013
I love the new song and can't wait for the album!

“VITILIGO”

IS A BIOTCH

#15 Jan 9, 2013
Internet Bully wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't check at the mo but I will later :-)
Like now????:-)
Internet Bully

Sydney, Australia

#16 Jan 9, 2013
J-J-Jina Wild wrote:
<quoted text>
Like now????:-)
A little later, Sorry can't be avoided...
JINA WILD

Aberystwyth, UK

#17 Jan 9, 2013
Internet Bully wrote:
<quoted text>
A little later, Sorry can't be avoided...
Don't worry about it. It doesn't matter anyway.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#18 Jan 9, 2013
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember Elvis's ex-wife, Priscilla, commented he believed there was room at the top for all musicians. So, not only did he never feel threatened by other musicians, but he encouraged them.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#20 Jan 10, 2013
Len is Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember Elvis's ex-wife, Priscilla, commented he believed there was room at the top for all musicians. So, not only did he never feel threatened by other musicians, but he encouraged them.
Indeed . 1969 after party after his performance in the international hotel ( 2 standing ovations ) a reported asked elvis if he was the king of Rock and roll. Elvis pointed to Fats domino who was there " that's the king". I challenge any mj fan to show me that level of artistic humility from jackson !

“VITILIGO”

IS A BIOTCH

#21 Jan 11, 2013
Man without a hat wrote:
<quoted text>
I checked... nothing there???
Eh? Oh well, it didn't matter anyway.
Internet Bully

Sydney, Australia

#22 Jan 13, 2013
Should I check again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CFUW celebrates 40th anniversary (Oct '11) 6 hr cant call John Da... 6
Western Massachusetts Labor Action continues it... (Jun '08) 8 hr Aderas 32
'Donbass' International Brigade 23 hr Pro-Ukraine 13
Photography exhibit highlights neighborhood heros Sat Denise 3
Report: Kansas ranks high on taxpayer 'return o... Sat Elise Gingerich 1
U.S. seeks $2.1 billion from Bank of America in... (Jan '14) Sat dariusrickard 2
Fruit tree pruning workshop held today (Feb '09) Fri Michael2327 3

Home People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE