Dig In At Baby Ray's

Dig In At Baby Ray's

There are 16 comments on the Queens Tribune story from Oct 27, 2011, titled Dig In At Baby Ray's. In it, Queens Tribune reports that:

BABY RAY'S 13-46 127th St., College Point 563-53528 Cuisine:Steak and Seafood Hours: Noon to 10 pm Tue-Thu; noon to 11 pm, Fri & Sat Credit Cards: All Major Parking: Valet on weekends In a short amount of time, Baby Ray's has begun to make a mark on College Point.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Queens Tribune.

Flushing, NY

#1 Nov 18, 2011
Hi priced frozen crap don't be suprised if you get sick. Some people I know have eaten there and have gotten sick from the food.

Since: Nov 11

Zhengzhou, China

#3 Nov 18, 2011
thank you to share.

Flushing, NY

#4 Dec 11, 2011
Had a lovely dinner there last night. The food was very good and reasonably priced. We had skirt steak and ribs with the beet and avocado salad. The service was god as well. We'll go back again.

Glen Cove, NY

#5 Dec 31, 2011
I feel that the review from jennifer from college point is totally untrue and also inappropriate. Sounds to me like she might have been an employee who was fired from Baby Rays or a jealous person with issues. The food is fantastic and the prices are actually cheap for a steak house. I actually feel bad for jennifer with the above post because she is so filled with anger. My advice to her is to take a deep breath, relax and try to enjoy her life. Also jennifer if you are reading this and you honestly feel that Baby Rays is over priced you might want to do something quickly about your financial situation.
Be well and good luck.

Queens Village, NY

#6 Jan 15, 2012
Worst restaurant I have ever been to. A former German restaurant, it has not been redecorated from the previous owners. Service was extremely slow. the food was so overpriced my friend and I ordered the cheapest thing, a twelve dollar hamburger. It arrived with underdone steak fries. The burger itself was rancid. My friend had the same with cold, oily string beans. When we told the waiter he gave us the check and said we could talk to the owner. We found him and he barely looked at us while telling us the meat was sirloin. He then grabbed the check , and dismossed us angrily. Hope this closes soon.

Glen Cove, NY

#7 Jan 21, 2012
I don't know about being the worst restauran but about not been decorated and overpriced I honestly have to say this person needs new glasses. Enjoy life and don't be so angry about a burger.

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Jan 23, 2012
The aged porterhouse was one of the best I have ever had. Tai calamari has a great sauce and very tender. Very good wine list also. Cant beat the prices for a steak house. Will definitely be going back.

Flushing, NY

#9 Jan 29, 2012
7 comments from 4 users.....3 negative comments & 4 positive defensive comments (you do the math) Owners should learn how to run a restaurant and get off the internet writing phony reviews to hide the fact that almost everything in this place is either frozen or comes from a can.

My advice is to save yourself the $20, go to Waldbaums and buy yourself a box of Ronzoni and a can of white clam sauce because that is what this restaurant is selling you. The only thing accurate about "fresh seafood" is the spelling on the menu.

Hungry for stale bread reheatened by a wet rag in the oven, then this is the restaurant for you!!!!
Rockin Rudy

Fresh Meadows, NY

#10 Feb 12, 2012
we tried the full rack of spare ribs recently..it was so tender and delicious..the meat fell off the bone before it can get into our mouths..the place has a great environment and entertainment during the week..We would recomend this place to all of our friends...do not listen to any of the other comments you read..go to taste the food yourself...I am sure you will be very happy and full when you leave the restaurant..tell them I sent you..you might get some extra free bread with your dinner..just kidding..see you there..

Bronx, NY

#11 Feb 19, 2012
Had a great dinner last night. We started off with the fried manicotti and immediatley ordered another. The thai calamari and crabcakes were excellent. The crabcakes were made with chunks of fresh crab and were presented over a sumptuous salad. It was a great start to the nights culinary experience. My wife ordered the sirloin steak and I the baby rack ribs. The steak was cooked to a perfect temperature and my ribs were juicy, tender and the sauce was exquisite. The garlic mashed potatoes were the perfect side. No doubt we will be return. Almost forgot! Try the applecrumb cheesecake well worth the calories.

Flushing, NY

#12 May 6, 2012
I went here with my family. We were the only diners there. The service was slow. The food was HORRIBLE. Over priced and limited menu. I do not reccomend this place to anyone.

United States

#13 Jul 20, 2012
Ridiculous - bad
Dont see it being able to stay open
Worst ribs ever had seemed frozen then microwaved
Then topped with cold sauce. Ribs not hot
Waiter explained specials like a fancy restaurant
When received 2 slices of potatoes and some ratty string beans was so dissapointed
Kiki Dee

Flushing, NY

#14 Aug 16, 2012
Mafia owned (see the owner in the track suit Pauly Walnuts Soprano style).

Owners steal tip money from the service staff and wait many weeks to pay the kitchen staff because they don't have the money to pay!?!?!? Which explains why the staff is constantly changing.

Food is frozen, canned, jarred, microwaved, reheated and everything disgusting you see in Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares. They even save dead lobsters in the fridge and switch it out for a fresh one that you "ordered" from the tank.

Hicksville, NY

#15 Sep 16, 2012
I had a wonderful experience at this resturant not only was it a cheap steakhouse the service was amazing. inside the resturant was very cozy and warm and it had a taste of home. I will recommend this resturant to anyone. The owners are really nice and friendly. I ordered a seafood pasta it was so delicious. The portion size is huge and I overall had a fabulous meal. Don't listen to some reviews because this resturant is one of the best I have been to so far. I would like to thank the owners of the resturant for this wonderful experience :)

New York, NY

#16 Sep 19, 2012
a hidden gem try it for yourself New chef is great. Owners are one of a kind.
Chris S

New York, NY

#17 Apr 11, 2013
I went yesterday (Wednesday) prime rib day and it was awesome going back to try the ribs on Thursday

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Veganism - doing the right thing (Jul '11) 18 hr Veganism 943
News Lowe's Companies COO Ricky D. Damron Sells 13,0... Wed mooresville28117 39
News State Fair apple pie winner adds dose of moonsh... Wed I.P. Shananigans 1
News Benton woman wins home Oct 5 Stetson 4
News Emanuel AME leader faces questions about past f... Oct 5 Peter 9
News The Georgetown spring housing market is hot (Jun '14) Oct 5 lotsa taxes too 4
News Real Estate Agents: Single-Family Homes a Hot R... (Jun '12) Oct 4 cityupload 207
More from around the web