Truman Capote's Hamptons Home for Sale

Truman Capote's Hamptons Home for Sale

There are 26 comments on the EDGE story from Jan 9, 2013, titled Truman Capote's Hamptons Home for Sale. In it, EDGE reports that:

Currently for sale for $15 million, Truman Capote's Hamptons home offers a glimpse into the life of one of the last century's most enigmatic gay figures.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Harvey

Baton Rouge, LA

#1 Jan 10, 2013
I'm sure some queer will buy the house, probably have sex with children there two!!!
Jane Dodo

West New York, NJ

#2 Jan 10, 2013
Harvey wrote:
I'm sure some queer will buy the house, probably have sex with children there two!!!
I bet you don't even know who Truman Capote was, because you are an illiterate troll.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#4 Jan 10, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you don't even know who Truman Capote was, because you are an illiterate troll.
He'd have actually had to read something other than "Gun Digest", or "Skanks Quarterly" in which his mother is often featured.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5 Jan 10, 2013
Harvey wrote:
Not "one" or "three" ... but "two" ??

You're sure?

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#6 Jan 10, 2013
Harvey wrote:
Why do you troll the gay/lesbian sites?

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#7 Jan 10, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
Why do you troll the gay/lesbian sites?
Narcissism, masochism and just a dash of obsessive compulsive behavior. He wants to be the center of everyone's attention and gets off on all the personal abuse that comes with it.

Everybody that responds to him is a willing participant in his little sex life, such as it is.
Jane Dodo

West New York, NJ

#10 Jan 10, 2013
The Great Either Or wrote:
The left coast has been stereotyping, subverting, demeaning, and ridiculing all colors of men, women, and children for decades. This includes Muslims as well and with Al Jazeera Gore dancin with the devil he is continuing the hypocricies of the greatest hypocritical party of all time. The Democratic party.
They sure have done wonders for colored people by keeping them poor while condoning the evil empire out there. Way out there!
Our next project is having people like you committed.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#11 Jan 10, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
<quoted text>Our next project is having people like you committed.
He posts here because he doesn't have to see the eye rolls, hear the laughter, or experience the usual walking away in disgust he encounters out in public!
Jimbo

Dallas, TX

#12 Jan 10, 2013
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>He posts here because he doesn't have to see the eye rolls, hear the laughter, or experience the usual walking away in disgust he encounters out in public!
But I thought "he" was locked away? Make up your mind simpleton.

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#13 Jan 10, 2013
Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
But I thought "he" was locked away? Make up your mind simpleton.
oh, so now you admit that Dipstick and R1 are one and the same? Thanks for the confirmation!
Gabe

Anonymous Proxy

#14 Jan 10, 2013
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>oh, so now you admit that Dipstick and R1 are one and the same? Thanks for the confirmation!
Yes Jade, Dipstick and R1 and Napoleon are all the same person and they're all out to get you. Relax, the nurse will bring your medication and Jello soon.

“Equality marches on! ”

Location hidden

#17 Jan 10, 2013
Gabe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Jade, Dipstick and R1 and Napoleon are all the same person and they're all out to get you. Relax, the nurse will bring your medication and Jello soon.
Why post not as to the poster I insulted? Sock/alter emasculated once again?
Merle

United States

#19 Jan 10, 2013
NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>Why post not as to the poster I insulted? Sock/alter emasculated once again?
How's your young son doing, did you get him a butt plug for Christmas?

Location hidden

#21 Jan 10, 2013
Capote's writing wasn't so much great original imaginative composition as it was well-written gossip about other peoples' lives. Even his early works. It isn't insightful or deep if you're just recording actual peoples' actions and words. Most of his victims just weren't socially powerful enough for anyone to have cared that THEIR lives were being used to make him money. His mask was torn off when he applied the same "skills" to the wrong group of people ... and he was socially ostracized and shunned.

Of course, he was being shunned by people who actually WERE as bad as his accounts were describing.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#22 Jan 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
Capote's writing wasn't so much great original imaginative composition as it was well-written gossip about other peoples' lives. Even his early works. It isn't insightful or deep if you're just recording actual peoples' actions and words. Most of his victims just weren't socially powerful enough for anyone to have cared that THEIR lives were being used to make him money. His mask was torn off when he applied the same "skills" to the wrong group of people ... and he was socially ostracized and shunned.
Of course, he was being shunned by people who actually WERE as bad as his accounts were describing.
Not sure if I agree with you on this one, but you may have read more of his writing than I have. However, I thought "In Cold Blood" was very well written.
Boris

Russia

#23 Jan 11, 2013
Imagine how this filthy queer's house must stink. you'll never be able to get that nasty gay stench out of there.
Jane Dodo

West New York, NJ

#24 Jan 11, 2013
Boris wrote:
Imagine how this filthy queer's house must stink. you'll never be able to get that nasty gay stench out of there.
Just smell your upper lip, Bore-ass.

Location hidden

#26 Jan 11, 2013
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure if I agree with you on this one, but you may have read more of his writing than I have. However, I thought "In Cold Blood" was very well written.
It just wasn't original imaginitive work.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#27 Jan 11, 2013
Jane Dodo wrote:
Our next project is having people like you committed.
That's almost too easy in his case. All we need do is send the local police a few of his more telling posts and request a welfare check, bingo, bango, bongo, involuntary 72 hour hold and probable long term commitment, all before dinner time.

Location hidden

#28 Jan 11, 2013
Boris wrote:
Nye kulturni !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Huntington Has Code Enforcer for Contractors Wed Scooter Richards 31
News What can $80K buy you in Detroit? Wed WATCHING LIVONIA 5
News Veganism - doing the right thing (Jul '11) Tue USA R0CKS 983
News Fed Balance-Sheet Plan Missing Key Detail Tied ... Jul 25 Ronald 1
News Organization turning vacant Toronto properties ... Jul 24 Scare Beeria 1
News New York, California Moving to Permit Illegal A... Jul 23 Wildchild 7
News Rick Siskey estate auction brings in more than ... Jul 23 Wise Owl 1
More from around the web