(Update) Fourth person arrested in Wi...

(Update) Fourth person arrested in Williams murder case

There are 14 comments on the Laurel Leader-Call story from Apr 29, 2009, titled (Update) Fourth person arrested in Williams murder case. In it, Laurel Leader-Call reports that:

The Wayne County Sheriff's Department has arrested four people in connection with the March 2008 murder of businesswoman Janie Cooley Broadway Williams.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Laurel Leader-Call.

S L C

AOL

#1 Apr 29, 2009
i know we have all heard the news about this and i myself knew janie and her family well. there is so many questions and no answers i myself believe there is more to this story than we are hearing cuz things sound really fishy and im not alone in this either there are several people i have talked to that feel the same way i do
The Truth

Waynesboro, MS

#2 May 2, 2009
SLC, What things that you find fishy? The fact that the suspects confessed that they wanted to kill Janie over rent? If you knew Janie and her family so well, then you knew that she caught much grief over her kids' behavior. Could it be possible that one of her kids had something to do with this? She was tired of her bio-son's freeloading behavior, who also wasn't conveniently home that night, and her daughter's irrational and odd behavior due to her daughter's extensive drug use and her daughter being in and out of rehab prior to Janie's death. She (Janie)was fed up with her kids and even cut one of them off. Her daughter's husband has been nothing but an enabler, whenever her daughter was in rehab/treatment she wouldn't stay long because she would talk him into bailing her out. As for the drugs being involved, the drugs could be the ones her daughter was on or Janie's brother was always trying to obtain or even steal from her, prescription drugs that is. These people are a bunch of phonies who used Janie and now they want to blame someone else but themselves for Janie's grief. Janie stated herself that she was happy and finally satisfied with her life when she was with her husband. Maybe the certain family members are just jealous because Janie was happy and it had nothing to do with them. They need to accept that this case has been closed and quit chasing pipe dreams. The woman can't rest in peace because of certain family members that she couldn't get along with or deal with. Keep on trying to find answers and you might have to realize that you were the ones that can't find closure because of your guilty conscience and then, only then when you find the truth.
S L C

AOL

#3 May 4, 2009
Janie loved her kids and her brother and would have done anything for them if she started feeling like that then it must have been after she got married. Im not pointing the finger at anyone because i dont know what or who could have done it i just believe there is more than 300 dollars rent that caused this. And what about the sheriff get in trouble for messing with the evidence and if janie was so fed up with her kids then why is stinker and ken still just as close. you was putting words in my mouth that i didnt say so kinda sounds that you may be the one feeling a little guilty.I have no problem with the williams i dont even know them that well but i do know that there is no way her kids nor her brother would ever do something like that. so b4 you start accusing other people of blaming others you need to think about what you just said
Jack

Pinola, MS

#4 May 4, 2009
Don't let these people intimidate you, SLC. Believe the real truth, but dont be bullied into these lies. "The Truth" is really Aaron Williams, shamelessly smearing the Cooley family, as he and his wife snort another line. Cocaine must make you callous AND numb.
The only people defending the Williamses are the Williamses.
S L C

AOL

#5 May 5, 2009
Jack, you know i have noticed that about the only people defending them are the williams. i know i have my opionion on what happened and i believe other people believe the same thing. this thing is just crazy ya know
To JACK aka JACKASS

Benton, MS

#6 May 7, 2009
Williams and his wife hasn't even seen or heard this crap until somebody brought this to their attention. I swore that I wouldn't even respond to this nonsense until I saw your idiotic and slanderous comment. Obviously, you don't know them and to make allegations that they are drug users is just more lies brought on by stupid idiots like yourself. They are hard working people with 3 kids who have been through just as much as anyone else during this tragic event. It's been EVEN worse because their kids' are dealing with the loss of a grandparent and then having to deal with other kids at school repeating stupid rumors,innuendos and malicious gossip they've heard from their parents or family members that don't have enough sense to not speak of these things in front of kids who just go back and repeat what they hear at home. This only further upsets their kids who don't understand why people would say such mean things, especially when they are only talking out of their asses!(You were probably one of these idiots that might have said something like this in front of a kid.) As for the Williams defending themselves, do you think anybody in their right mind is going to sit back and read about people making false accusations and plain out lies about them and not defend themselves? The Williams also have friends and their friends are defending them too just like the Cooleys' "friends". I don't even know how this escalated into all of this but this is stupid. I have no bad words to say about any Cooley family member but I do have some to say to you. Just like you stated that people are lying about the Cooleys, people are lying on the Williams, the fact of the matter is you don't REALLY KNOW either of the families. There is a lot that I could say but I choose to go a different path. Aaron nor his wife has said a damn thing about any of the Cooley family members, yet some fool wants to bring them into their stupid rumors. What have Aaron and his wife EVER done to anybody to make them slander their name? PLEASE SOMEBODY ANSWER THAT QUESTION!!!!
PPL R PATHETIC

Benton, MS

#7 May 7, 2009
This is so pathetic. Why are people so addicted to drama? Why is it not enough that the police have not 1, but 4 suspects in custody and people are still not satisfied? Is it really that many people in Wayne County that are so bored that they have to go and make up lies and stories just so they can have something to talk about because they don't really have a life? Idle minds are a dangerous thing. If a person doesn't really know what's going on, they tend to make up stuff just so it could be more interesting. Most of the people that make false accusations usually don't have anything better to do or anything intelligent to add to a conversation so they start a rumor for attention and then the rumor turns into gossip that escalates into something that they can't control. Rumors and gossip tend to hurt people and cause friends to become enemies. Whatever happened to just stating the facts or talking about what you know or just sometimes just keeping your mouth shut when you really don't know or have an answer? It's sad and pathetic how two-faced people are. The very ones that are rumoring about one person is probably going back to another person with a different story. I wouldn't be suprised if the main ones talking smack are connected to both families. Why don't these attention-whores get a hobby besides gossiping?
THE TRUTH IS

Benton, MS

#8 May 7, 2009
JACK,

You wouldn't know the truth if it slapped you in the face! Word of the day:

SOCIOPATH

Definition of a sociopath: a person, as a psychopathic personality, whose behavior is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

Sounds a lot like you, clueless idiot!!
4 MR KNOW IT ALL

Benton, MS

#9 May 7, 2009
Jack wrote:
Don't let these people intimidate you, SLC. Believe the real truth, but dont be bullied into these lies. "The Truth" is really Aaron Williams, shamelessly smearing the Cooley family, as he and his wife snort another line. Cocaine must make you callous AND numb.
Sounds like YOU know a lot about cocaine! Maybe YOUR LOVE for cocaine is what led you to make a slanderous and untruthful comment! And you talk about smearing someone's name aren't you doing the same?
TO JACK DA LOSER

Benton, MS

#10 May 7, 2009
Jack, here's is what you need to do: go outside and take the Mcain/Palin sign out of your yard, because THEY LOST, and just like them you are a loser, then get the meth pipe out of your mama's mouth and see if yall got enough money left to go get some bread and bologna for supper!
S L C

AOL

#11 May 7, 2009
This is really getting old all this back and forth thing thats going on and im sure the words being said is hurting both sides of the family and i have even noticed the kids getting brought in it and its sad that when something like this happens in a small town that we(including myself) just cant let it go and just keep on and on till it turns into this into this. everyone is blaming everyone and im sure both sides have questions that want answers. i myself didnt know the williams family very well but i did know janie and her family very well. everywhere you go in waynesboro people are talking about it and there is always more getting added to the story. true enough there may be more to the story and then again they may have cracked the case who knows but with people going on and on about it and putting in there own thing that they believed happened is not good for either side and why is it sides they was all family i know everyone is going to have an opionion but its just that an opionion its not a fact so why cant we move on
Really Really Fed Up

Waynesboro, MS

#12 May 7, 2009
S L C wrote:
Jack, you know i have noticed that about the only people defending them are the williams. i know i have my opionion on what happened and i believe other people believe the same thing. this thing is just crazy ya know
A lot of ppl have their opinions, including both families. Yes, you think you noticed that the Williams family are the only ones defending themselves, although they have friends that are also defending them as well, but the truth of the matter is why, with all the evidence, suspects and confessions that ppl are still not satisfied? Why are there ppl out there that want to make it something bigger and grander than what it really is? Was it ok when ppl where speculating that certain Williams family are responsible until others speculated that her own family was responsible? That seemed to set off a firestorm when ppl thought that her own family may have had something to do with the so called "conspiracy" but when the Williams' family name was smeared then some ppl want to get on the bandwagon. The truth is that some ppl made a stupid and deadly decision that had nothing to do with anyone else but themselves and their twisted minds. Yet ppl are not satisfied with that, they want it to be something bigger and more elaborate like a damn movie! Yes, kids are involved and not just kids on the Williams side but kids on Janie's side as well. I still can't fathom why ppl would implicate or even think that Williams family had anything to do with this. They are grieving and hurting just as much as anyone else that knew Janie yet ppl want to cause them more grief. I know both families personally and know that this is getting out of control. To be honest, there are only few family members who are not satisfied but maybe one day they will find closure. There is a lot I know, but I will not go there. This needs to stop, not only for the kids' sake but for Janie's memory. The ppl that have a problem with either family need to just keep their opinions to themselves. Both families are hard working ppl that live in a small town and try to make a decent living and lost a loved one in a senseless, tragic way. Let's come together as a community and work together to see that justice is served and stop all this fighting and bickering. For the ones that can't accept, may God have mercy on you and you will find peace and solace.
FAMILY MEMBER

Benton, MS

#13 May 8, 2009
S L C wrote:
This is really getting old all this back and forth thing thats going on and im sure the words being said is hurting both sides of the family and i have even noticed the kids getting brought in it and its sad that when something like this happens in a small town that we(including myself) just cant let it go and just keep on and on till it turns into this into this. everyone is blaming everyone and im sure both sides have questions that want answers. i myself didnt know the williams family very well but i did know janie and her family very well. everywhere you go in waynesboro people are talking about it and there is always more getting added to the story. true enough there may be more to the story and then again they may have cracked the case who knows but with people going on and on about it and putting in there own thing that they believed happened is not good for either side and why is it sides they was all family i know everyone is going to have an opionion but its just that an opionion its not a fact so why cant we move on
I agree it has gotten out of control and thank you for noticing that. When kids are involved, there is a different perspective. Hopefully, this will all blow over and justice will be served.
Fed up 2

United States

#14 May 31, 2009
Jack wrote:
Ask Aaron about getting his fat a** kicked to Laurel and back for making one of his homo propositions at the bar a while back. Looks like the boy would come out of the closet. Everybody knows.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lure of land gives way to frustration (Aug '08) 17 min DC Dave 129
News Thieves striking in home improvement store park... (Jun '15) 9 hr ReginaMifflin 2
News Cynthia Ann (Davis) Koontz (Nov '12) 12 hr sharon d 3
News Bank lobby presses for commission to lead consu... 15 hr Captain Yesterday 1
News Home sales climb 2% in October (Nov '12) Tue redawady 56
News How to buy a property without a real estate agent Dec 5 EL1SE G1NGER1CH 1
News Add beauty to your house with mirrors Dec 5 Dale Smith 2
More from around the web