The big trip: warm up in the Gambia

The big trip: warm up in the Gambia

There are 16 comments on the The Guardian story from Feb 17, 2012, titled The big trip: warm up in the Gambia. In it, The Guardian reports that:

For winter sun-seekers, a boutique hotel stay in the Gambia offers an oasis of calm amid the hustle of African village life We arrive at Tanji beach at around 4pm, just as the locals are gathering to greet the fishing boats returning on the incoming tide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guardian.

carter

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#1 Feb 21, 2012
Visiting my school in the village Tallinding is one of my life's pleasures. Name Of School Carter nursery & lower Basic

“Justice and Equality for all”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2 Feb 21, 2012
carter wrote:
Visiting my school in the village Tallinding is one of my life's pleasures. Name Of School Carter nursery & lower Basic
Interesting - can you tell us more please?
Pam

UK

#3 Feb 22, 2012
Are you a volunteer at the school?, was it built by a British charity?.

There are so many kindly souls doing great work in the Gambia.
BRIEF

Dover, OH

#4 Feb 26, 2012
SEPT 18
POST 617- Boys Pants (DEFORMED)
Is this thread about the dumb cartoon bimbo?

POST 618- Craig S (OUTED DEFORMED)
Riverhead, NY
No Mrs Deformed Sanchez it's about you.

POST 619 - 1Irishman (DEFENDING BOYS PANTS/DEFORMED)
REPLYING TO 618
((whispers in Craig's ear))
Hi Mrs Sanchez! Are you comfortable in there?:)

POST 620 -Kevin-(SHE MALE)
Didn't a few tards get banned not too long ago?

POST 621- Figarooo (COMMENTING ABOUT DEFORMED/SELF)
Looks like one confused psycho stalker slipped under the radar!

THREAD GOES DEAD FOR TWO DAYS

SEPT 20 - DEFORMED BUMPS/BAITS THREAD -NO TAKERS
POST 622- Boys Pants (DEFORMED)
This place is fun

ANOTHER BUMP/BAIT
SEPT 21 - DEFORMED BUMPS/BAITS THREAD -NO TAKERS
POST 623 - Sag2LOw (DEFORMED)
You are cute *wink*

THREAD GOES DOA

CONCLUSION - 1Irishman defending 'Boys Pants'(DEFORMED) is CONCLUSIVELY also DEFORMED!

FIGAROOO - is either talking about herself (DEFORMED) in post 621 or she is one of the most ignorant fools on two feet. What is it?
CHECKMATE or FOOL

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#5 Feb 27, 2012
BRIEF wrote:
SEPT 18
POST 617- Boys Pants (DEFORMED)
Is this thread about the dumb cartoon bimbo?
POST 618- Craig S (OUTED DEFORMED)
Riverhead, NY
No Mrs Deformed Sanchez it's about you.
POST 619 - 1Irishman (DEFENDING BOYS PANTS/DEFORMED)
REPLYING TO 618
((whispers in Craig's ear))
Hi Mrs Sanchez! Are you comfortable in there?:)
POST 620 -Kevin-(SHE MALE)
Didn't a few tards get banned not too long ago?
POST 621- Figarooo (COMMENTING ABOUT DEFORMED/SELF)
Looks like one confused psycho stalker slipped under the radar!
THREAD GOES DEAD FOR TWO DAYS
SEPT 20 - DEFORMED BUMPS/BAITS THREAD -NO TAKERS
POST 622- Boys Pants (DEFORMED)
This place is fun
ANOTHER BUMP/BAIT
SEPT 21 - DEFORMED BUMPS/BAITS THREAD -NO TAKERS
POST 623 - Sag2LOw (DEFORMED)
You are cute *wink*
THREAD GOES DOA
CONCLUSION - 1Irishman defending 'Boys Pants'(DEFORMED) is CONCLUSIVELY also DEFORMED!
FIGAROOO - is either talking about herself (DEFORMED) in post 621 or she is one of the most ignorant fools on two feet. What is it?
CHECKMATE or FOOL
????? confused.com
wisedup

UK

#6 Feb 27, 2012
We are all confused Cora.

To be perfectly honest with you I am often wary of men who gain access to children in the Gambia, under the guise of 'working for a charity'.

You mentioned recently your concerns about the growing problem of pedophiles in the Gambia.

You know how you get a gut instinct about someone? Well I had that feeling about a lone man in his sixties staying at the hotel.

He was always at breakfast at 7am on the dot, and left soon after that and was gone all day.

He was bearded, slim and very shifty looking. He said he 'built schools' in the Gambia, had a charity or worked for one.

One afternoon I saw him at the front desk checking in a handsome young boy in his teens, could not be more than 15.

He was signing a register and the boy was showing some ID.

Not I cannot say for sure it was dodgy or illegal but I felt it did not look or seem right.

It was like the elderly men you see sitting in bars in the Senegambia strip with a young Gambian child or todler on their knee and the Gambian mother beside them.

You wonder if they had struck up the friendship in order to gain access to her child or children.
wisedup

UK

#7 Feb 27, 2012
To the sad angry individual who posted 'spam'and 'nuts' on my post and who takes pleasure in spamming most posts on here, all I can say is get a life.

Judging every post as 'spam' says a lot more about you than the content of the post.

Pedophilia is as much a problem in the Gambia as poverty and prostiution is.

It's sad but it's a fact and it's a nasty reality, and no one is doing anything to eliminate it.
nelmar ignacio

Canlaon City, Philippines

#8 Feb 27, 2012
i want to ask, what are w goim to do? to know about this topic
nelmar ignacio

#9 Feb 27, 2012
hi! my name is nelmar ignacio! i want to know know what are the some impormatio about this furom
nelmar ignacio

#10 Feb 27, 2012
your rigth sir
nelmar ignacio

#11 Feb 27, 2012
i want reply sir!

Location hidden

#12 Feb 27, 2012
nelmar ignacio wrote:
hi! my name is nelmar ignacio! i want to know know what are the some impormatio about this furom
We cannot understand what you are trying to say.

Location hidden

#13 Feb 27, 2012
wisedup wrote:
We are all confused Cora.
To be perfectly honest with you I am often wary of men who gain access to children in the Gambia, under the guise of 'working for a charity'.
You mentioned recently your concerns about the growing problem of pedophiles in the Gambia.
You know how you get a gut instinct about someone? Well I had that feeling about a lone man in his sixties staying at the hotel.
He was always at breakfast at 7am on the dot, and left soon after that and was gone all day.
He was bearded, slim and very shifty looking. He said he 'built schools' in the Gambia, had a charity or worked for one.
One afternoon I saw him at the front desk checking in a handsome young boy in his teens, could not be more than 15.
He was signing a register and the boy was showing some ID.
Not I cannot say for sure it was dodgy or illegal but I felt it did not look or seem right.
It was like the elderly men you see sitting in bars in the Senegambia strip with a young Gambian child or todler on their knee and the Gambian mother beside them.
You wonder if they had struck up the friendship in order to gain access to her child or children.
Thats the thing we cant always tell, unless we actually see something nasty happening in front of us or someone trying to book a much younger person in, I think the Hotels are more aware now and the majority would question it.

I myself saw something that didnt sit right with me and I did say something, it wasnt in TG but another African Country, saw a mother with a young boy of about 4-5 years around the pool with her older Western male friend, the man was smoking and blowing the smoke into the childs face, the mother was laughing, the man was laughing, the boy was crying and coughing but he kept doing it, they thought it was hilarious, then the man would pull the boy to him and wipe away his tears, stroking his neck and arms at the same time.
I cannot prove that he was feeling the child, but the actual fact that the man kept blowing ciggarette smoke and they were laughing while the boy was coughing and crying turned my stomach, so I goes over and asks them wtf they think they were doing, the man wasnt british, but spoke a little english as did the mother, I had more of a go at her for allowing this man to do this, is she so desperate that she is allowing her son to be upset at the fun of this man, I said if it continues I will report them, it stopped, but they left the poolside about 20 mins later, never saw them again as I was looking out for them.

Location hidden

#14 Feb 27, 2012
A lot of Gambians are not aware of Pedophilia, they cannot comprehend it, you know the young Gambian child is so friendly an trusting, big grins on their faces an will run up to you, and if they did get taken out by someone who has ulterior motives would the child say anything against the Toubab who has taken them out for the day, bought them presents gave them food and drink, thats the sadness of it all.

I have spoken to a few Gambians about this and they do not understand what I am saying, its alien to them that this type of thing goes on.
William Chroont

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Dec 16, 2012
I travel extensively to Banjul. The Gambia is a wonderful place. Very peace-loving, tolerant society. President Jammeh is a strong, regional peacekeeper. Thanks to President Jammeh, The Gambia has a very high child immunization rate – one of the highest in Africa!

“i dont stand any crap anymore”

Since: Dec 11

bham

#16 Dec 16, 2012
corablimey wrote:
A lot of Gambians are not aware of Pedophilia, they cannot comprehend it, you know the young Gambian child is so friendly an trusting, big grins on their faces an will run up to you, and if they did get taken out by someone who has ulterior motives would the child say anything against the Toubab who has taken them out for the day, bought them presents gave them food and drink, thats the sadness of it all.
I have spoken to a few Gambians about this and they do not understand what I am saying, its alien to them that this type of thing goes on.
i know the one time me and a friend went to gambia ,we saw a german man down on the beach with a young gambian lad about 15 in swimming trunks ,and the german guy kept taking fotos of the lad in the sea ,almost telling him how to pose for the foto's ,me n my frined straight away said we thought this german guy would be posting these foto's onto other peado's ,we felt really uncomfortale watching this happen ,and a bunch of 5/6 other gambians at beach were also making comments about the situation and also was'nt happy ,as they young lad n the german passed the gambians said something to the young lad ,obviously we did'nt understand what they said ,but when we spoke to them about our concerns they apparently had a go at the young lad ,saying he should'nt have done the foto's etc ,then there were 2 old english guys ,1 very posh he used to hve 2 young girls 15/16 yr old come to his room every day ,you'd see him at ali baba]s on the night with them ,then they'd go back to the hotel at the end of the night ,the other a londoner he had young boys come to the hotel every day ,i was told by my ex when he came to the uk ,that this guy was actually seen through an slighty open curtian in his room by 1 of the staff ,having sex with 1 of the young boys ,the staff reported it and the police were called ,he was arrested and deported back here and can n long sentence and let him rot in a very hard gambian prison .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nearly 40% Of Canadian Homeowners Struggle To P... 47 min TAX the RICH Cana... 2
News Real Estate Agents: Single-Family Homes a Hot R... (Jun '12) 2 hr abdwap 237
News Kids found in home with a 'few million' roaches 3 hr Chico 4
News How to Accessorize a Room (Sep '15) 17 hr Victoria 7
News Q&A with John C. Williams, president and CEO of... (Oct '14) 21 hr youness 12
News Maureen Dowd: Coddling of the Wall Street elite (Mar '09) Tue Geezer Heimers 2
News Philipsburg Contractor Gets State Prison for No... Mon pigbutcher 5
More from around the web