Silence on U.S. Housing Doldrums Makes Obama, Romney Sound Alike

Sep 19, 2012 Full story: www.bloomberg.com

Jerry Howard, chief executive officer of the National Association of Homebuilders, says he wants to know when President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney are going to outline plans for reviving the U.S. residential property market.

Full Story

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#1 Sep 19, 2012
Dear Mr. Howard: In case you haven't noticed, lots of Americans are currently unemployed. Maybe even worse, lots and LOTS of Americans are underemployed. Maybe you'll remember that for about 10 years the U.S. saw a mass of factories close and those jobs, along with God knows how many more just disappeared. All those Americans who worked those jobs may be working again, but chances are they aren't earning the salaries that made buying a home possible.

Currently there is over 1 billion dollars of college education loans in default. This encompasses a lot of people who now have wrecked credit. The chances of them ever getting a home loan is slim to none.

Thanks to your friends in the mortgage industry these home buyers were manipulated into loans guaranteed to fail. At the time, you were enjoying this scam as much as anyone. You should have known it was too good to last.

There is really very little the president (or any president) can do about these things. Our nation and our economy has changed, probably forever. The American people have had to adjust and sacrifices because of the choices made by big business over the years. Now it looks like all those choices are catching up to the businesses themselves. Welcome to our world.
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Sep 19, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
Dear Mr. Howard: In case you haven't noticed, lots of Americans are currently unemployed. Maybe even worse, lots and LOTS of Americans are underemployed. Maybe you'll remember that for about 10 years the U.S. saw a mass of factories close and those jobs, along with God knows how many more just disappeared. All those Americans who worked those jobs may be working again, but chances are they aren't earning the salaries that made buying a home possible.
Currently there is over 1 billion dollars of college education loans in default. This encompasses a lot of people who now have wrecked credit. The chances of them ever getting a home loan is slim to none.
Thanks to your friends in the mortgage industry these home buyers were manipulated into loans guaranteed to fail. At the time, you were enjoying this scam as much as anyone. You should have known it was too good to last.
There is really very little the president (or any president) can do about these things. Our nation and our economy has changed, probably forever. The American people have had to adjust and sacrifices because of the choices made by big business over the years. Now it looks like all those choices are catching up to the businesses themselves. Welcome to our world.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Obama had nothing to do with it...

"I ran out of gas! I got a flat tire! I didn't have change for cab fare! I lost my tux at the cleaners! I locked my keys in the car! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!"
--The Blues Brothers
Sheik Yerbouti

Pennington, NJ

#3 Sep 19, 2012
PayThat CEO wrote:
Even worse most living wage jobs are being replaced with mcjobs that pay starvation wages with no benefits! mittwit has been instrumental in shipping living wage jobs overseas!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
24 Charged In Pittsburgh-Area Mortgage Fraud; T... (Feb '08) 1 hr BigBoy 425
The This Old House Hour 8 hr maryjaneprincton 1
Real Estate Agents: Single-Family Homes a Hot R... (Jun '12) 10 hr mahmoud elsa3d 129
Natural gas fireplaces have more benefits than ... Thu Paul Bear 3
What Wall Street won in budget deal Thu theidiotsdareunited 3
Childhood exposure to Libby amphibole during ou... Dec 17 mike crill 1
Oakville-based landscape company shines with cu... Dec 17 why old hydro pol... 1
More from around the web