Borrowers to get $8.5 billion in foreclosure and mortgage settlement

There are 2 comments on the WTVM story from Jan 10, 2013, titled Borrowers to get $8.5 billion in foreclosure and mortgage settlement. In it, WTVM reports that:

Some 3.8 million homeowners will share in an $8.5 billion settlement over improper foreclosure and mortgage servicing practices, the Federal Reserve and Office of the Comptroller of Currency has announced.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVM.

qta

West Palm Beach, FL

#1 Jan 10, 2013
What about the harm these banks have to the folks who are paying their mortgage. What legal recourse do we have!!! Do you think these banks will admit to bilking us for billions and billions. I think not, they are not our friends.
maf

Hartford, CT

#2 Jan 10, 2013
So at face, everyone gets an average of $2236.
We;re rich I tell you, RICH!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Home Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Search leads to drugs, money, 4 arrests... 4 hr Emjoe 2
News Garden centers cash in on warm weather after sl... 5 hr Thumb 2
News Large crowds break Blue Suede Cruise records Sun Good Weather FEST 2
News Integrating Baltimore's police force Sun untilthelighttak ... 2
News Connecticut-based bank takes control of foreclo... Sat cops are liars an... 2
News Hamptons Million-Dollar Homes Bolster Real Esta... May 1 GUEST 2
News Is President Obama the Worst President in History? (Jun '10) May 1 Reverend Alan 4,711
More from around the web