2-year-old dies in Schuylkill house fire

A 2-year-old boy was killed Thanksgiving morning after flames raced through his Port Carbon home before occupants could rescue him, officials said. Full Story
OMFG

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#1 Nov 28, 2008
OMG...what a horrible, tragic thing to have happen, my thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of this liitle boy...I am so sorry
thinking and typing

Whitehall, PA

#2 Nov 28, 2008
Please take a moment of silence for this little boy.
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#3 Nov 28, 2008
Very, very sad; my prayers are with the young victim, the family, and also with the firefighters who ran this call; I know they all feel deeply that they weren't able to save the little one.
Sorry

Harleyville, SC

#4 Nov 28, 2008
God bless all involved, this is horrible. Rest in peace little one. Winter is the worst season for fires, be sure to check your smoke alarms every minute counts in a fire.
Pachacutec

Fort Collins, CO

#6 Nov 28, 2008
Sorry," you are correct, this IS a busy season for fires. People are using fireplaces and heaters, they're putting up Christmas decorations, many of which are very flammable (including the trees which dry out), and so on. Everybody should be very, very careful with anything flammable and make sure that there are an adequate number of working smoke detectors in your home. Don't know about PA, but here in the DC area if you go to your local fire station, you can get smoke detectors for free. Even if you have to pay for them, it's a small price for peace of mind.
OMFG

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#7 Nov 28, 2008
Join...you are one ignorant person...crawl under the rock you came out from under, and keep your comments to yourself..you POS
a reader

United States

#8 Nov 28, 2008
Pachacutec wrote:
Very, very sad; my prayers are with the young victim, the family, and also with the firefighters who ran this call; I know they all feel deeply that they weren't able to save the little one.
My thoughts exactly. I can't begin to imagine what these folks are going thought.

They don't know what the cause was yet, but as another poster said it is fire season. It's a great time to check your smoke detectors, run through your home evacuation plan, and by all means as you pull out old holiday decorations - I know they can old sentimental value - but if they are electrical please don't use them, as they can be dangerous. Candles are another item to be very careful with. There's a ton of tips on the net. Let's all have a safe holiday / winter / Christmas season.
Yeah I went there

Bethlehem, PA

#9 Nov 28, 2008
Are they related to Joz?
Kim

New York, NY

#10 Nov 28, 2008
OMG how sad. RIP little guy...
LYNNIE

AOL

#11 Nov 28, 2008
Join the Revolution wrote:
ouch! thats a bum deal dude. sad , Wheres Obama? he can raise the dead too ya know.
YOUR LACK OF RESPECT IS SICKENING.
SOME DAY YOU MAY GROW UP AND REALIZE THIS.
courage

Oldwick, NJ

#12 Dec 1, 2008
God Bless this family
adriane martin

Lebanon, NJ

#13 Dec 22, 2008
I am very sorry to hear about the little bOY. i have a 2 year old little boy of my on.
Thats orginal lmao

Winter Park, FL

#14 Oct 18, 2013
OMFG wrote:
OMG...what a horrible, tragic thing to have happen, my thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of this liitle boy...I am so sorry
First you said OMFG and go onto saying your thoughts and "prayers"

You are for a pennsylvania white trash retard

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thanksgiving Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Erie Police Officer Charged With DUI Waives All... Jan 23 treborsci 32
Dallas Fire-Rescue: Fatal Thanksgiving Tower fi... Jan 14 rocky johnson 2
The Hollow remains a core Bridgeport community (Jul '09) Jan 13 GreenerPastures76 99
Stephenson H-S Band Marches In Macy's Parade (Nov '07) Jan 13 Xavierromao 10
More than 4 million people watched 1st dog tele... Jan 9 Lisli 3
Muslims celebrate prophet's birth Jan 5 Onelawforall 2
Missing college student's body found in river Jan 3 Cool NOT 1
More from around the web