Chamber Breakfast touts Port Royal as THE place to be

May 14, 2014 Full story: Fetch Your News

More than 400 guests filed into the Pickens Chamber breakfast yesterday morning to hear what investors and project managers had to say about the proposed water park that seems to be moving towards reality.

Full Story
how bout that

Ellijay, GA

#1 May 14, 2014
so it really wasn't an april fool's day joke a year ago
Skippy

Jasper, GA

#2 May 15, 2014
Don't hold your breath.... something about this still seems fishy. I'm very curious as to where the funding for something of this scale is coming from. There are a lot of other details that seem fuzzy right now, too.

I don't see Jasper as a realistic site for a huge conference and resort center .... and I don't see people making a water park here a vacation destination.

A quick search on Mathew Knowles doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

I would think focusing our efforts on luring some manufacturers here, or assisting our local businesses in expanding would be a better use of time and resources. We need job creation, but I don't see this ever happening.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thanksgiving Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Immigrant families torn by detentions Oct 20 ronnie 10
Macy's To Hire 86,000 Workers For Holiday Season Oct 17 forever faith 1
Doug Ford defends his business record Oct 14 your city stories 1
Apple Picking in Toronto & The GTA Sep '14 QUITTNER on Sep 9... 2
The value of newspaper advertising (Nov '13) Sep '14 Miss Practicality 8
Towing company helps Sandy victims (Feb '13) Aug '14 Seth Ashford 2
AlignLife Wauwatosa Thanksgiving in July Yields... Aug '14 Chiropractor from... 4

Thanksgiving People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE