Adopt-A-Soldier seeks Thanksgiving host families

Oct 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: El Paso Times

Families who would like to make sure soldiers new to the service have a good Thanksgiving meal on Nov. via El Paso Times

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Fred Petrino

Woodridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2007

Not sure this is the right place to post, but my wife and I and our family (in West Suburb of Chicago) would be honored to host some servicemen and women for Thanksgiving...it's the least we can do.
Fred & Andrea Petrino
fred@westtownarts.com
Darlene Blair

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

I am a veteran and live in southwest suburbs of Chicago, I know there are bases near and around the area. As a Veteran I know first hand what it is like to have no family other than your military family, Being that it is the season for giving and thanks, My family and I would love to welcome a soldier or two into our home for Thanksgiving Turkey, Football and Fellowship. Please Let me know if there is anyone in the area that we would be able to show this service to.
DBlair41202@hotmail.com
Alexis Fish

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Currently at Fort Carson colorado just me and my hubby always have plently of grub and lots of room email we'd love the company Alexis.Fish08@gmail.com
Mary Ann Gawlik

Waukegan, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

11/11/10 My husband, 3 teenagers and I live in a northern Chicago suburb. We would love to host a few service men or women for Thanksgiving. If it is not too late to register, could someone please contact me. magawlik@yahoo.com
Myra elder

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2011

I would love to host thanksgiving dinner for a few soldiers. I live in the upper valley off country club Rd. It would be my honor. Myra Ann elder
Myra elder

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2011

Please call me for RSVP thanksgiving dinner. Myra Ann elder reply to melder@elp.rr.com
Rochelle Mendonis

Banning, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2011

would like to host a soldier/s for thanksgiving dinner. My family is in Orange County California. How do I go about looking into this?
Hank Grana

Lake In The Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2011

My wife and I would like to host soldiers up to four for Thanksgiving...We live in Lake in the Hills, IL 60156
Gloria Gonzalez

Chino Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2011

I would love to have a soldier or two at our Thanksgiving table this year. I live in Chino Hills, CA San Bernardino County.
Kristin Crissman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2011

I live in the surburbs of Chicago (Woodstock) and would love to host a US Soldier for Thanksgiving/Christmas....my Fiance is a Sgt. in the service (Army 378th Battalian), and he loves the idea.....however he doesn't know the link either- he is going to Fort Dix next week so if he finds anything out before me- I will be sure to pass the info on.
The Shambaugh Family

Torrance, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2011

Kristin Crissman wrote:
I live in the surburbs of Chicago (Woodstock) and would love to host a US Soldier for Thanksgiving/Christmas....my Fiance is a Sgt. in the service (Army 378th Battalian), and he loves the idea.....however he doesn't know the link either- he is going to Fort Dix next week so if he finds anything out before me- I will be sure to pass the info on.
I live in California, 15 minutes from Los Angeles International Airport and was also searching for a link to offer our home to a soldier or two (up to 5 or 6) for Thanksgiving dinner with our family. I just don't know where to begin looking. I would love to hear if you find anything. Sharon
Amy Levin

Glen Ellyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Mu husband and two daughters live in the western suburbs of Chicago and my family would love to host a soldier or a few of them for Thanksgiving dinner. Please let me know if we can host or at least provide Thanksgiving dinner for a military family.
leah

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

looking to feed and befriend a soldier for the holidays
Kathi and Ajay

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

We live in Dover, New Jersey and we are looking to host few military people for Thanksgiving.
Fred and Daria -- Chicago

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

We live on North Sheridan Road(near Devon)in Chicago. We would like to host a soldier and/or the family of a soldier abroad for Thanksgiving Dinner. Please contact us asap to put us in touch. fred99groat@sbcglobal.net
C Evans-

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

The Shambaugh Family wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in California, 15 minutes from Los Angeles International Airport and was also searching for a link to offer our home to a soldier or two (up to 5 or 6) for Thanksgiving dinner with our family. I just don't know where to begin looking. I would love to hear if you find anything. Sharon
Have you had an replies or answers on who to contact? We are interested in doing the same thing here in Huntington Beach
Audrey Kane

Lakeside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2011

My family would love to host a soldier or two for Thanksgiving dinner at our home in Lakeside, CA. Please, do not spend the day alone. We would love to make you a part of our family celebration.
Contact me asap. God Bless our American Military.
Candice

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2011

My family and I would be honored to host a soldier for Thanksgiving. I know this is last minute, but if there is anyone near Denver, CO that doesnt mind joining us in our small home for dinner, games and football then please contact me at 13chella@gmail.com. We would love to have you!

Thank you for all that you do!

Candice
Stephen Thacker

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2011

We hope its not too late. There is room at our table for a couple service members. Can anyone help?
Please email me at sthacker6@yahoo.com
Shinene

El Cajon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2011

Audrey Kane wrote:
My family would love to host a soldier or two for Thanksgiving dinner at our home in Lakeside, CA. Please, do not spend the day alone. We would love to make you a part of our family celebration.
Contact me asap. God Bless our American Military.
Hey Audrey, we like in El Cajon too and would like to have a solider for Christmas dinner. Did you get an answer?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Thanksgiving Discussions

Search the Thanksgiving Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Church happenings (Nov '13) Jul 10 teddy medolli YT 31
The value of newspaper advertising (Nov '13) Jul 8 Sneaky Pete 4
Local youth wins conservation award Jul 7 tricky never volunteered 1
Worst Legislator in California, Part II: Charle... (Jun '11) Jul 6 truth squad 511
Al Sharpton Teaches Obamabots How To Battle 'Wa... Jul 5 Save America 1
AFA: Boycott Macy's for Sponsoring Gay Pride 'S... Jun 28 Spotted Girl 108
Man says he was robbed, raped at Southfield hotel (Dec '11) Jun 20 Brian Adam 4
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••