[OK] I am thankful for the survival of Officer Ditmore's wife, children and fire chief brother-in...

Nov 28, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Behind The Blue WAll

I am sorry for the state that Magnum Police Officer Brian Ditmore had come to in his life and am at the same time so thankful that wounded Fire Chief Fred Willis and Ditmore's immediate family have survived Thanksgiving.

Comments
1 - 20 of 38 Comments Last updated Sep 6, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tamra Burris

Altus, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2009

I am so thankful that fred is going to be ok , at least physically . I can only imagine the mental wounds left behind in this tragedy . I am a former Mangumite and was shocked to hear this coming out of such a close knitted community . I am thankful that his wife is physically alright as well , but once again , i cannot begin to imagine the mental wounds she will now have to face .Please lets all send prayers and condolences to the survivors and keep them in our thoughts . Time Heals alot . Sincerely Tamra Burris
JANE CASTOR

Midland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2009

I KNEW FREDA,BRIAN AND THE KIDS AND IM SO SAD TO HEAR THIS...I WILL HAVE U IN MY PRAYERS!!
meghancastillo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2009

Judged:

Brian ditmore was a really good friend of ours he was and still is a good man im sorry for his family it must be hard to lose some one you love my family will keep his family in ours prayers
always The castillo family
angelica willis

Duke, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2010

i am fred willis daughter and i am upset still about the whole thing, i am so sorry for the kids and wife but am glad that it wasnt my dad that died . i feel this man( my uncle by marraige), did make a mistakebut it will not change if he says he is sorry.
Amber Ditmore

Vernon, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2011

Judged:

It still amazes me that everyone always says, "I am sorry that these people had to go through this tramatic incident but, I'm glad ya'll are okay." Well we're not okay. Everyone is making my uncle out to be this bad person and he wasn't! The loss of a good man in our family is the tramatic incident. I love my in-laws like they are my blood and I am sure they would back me up on this. I haven't read one comment saying, "Sorry for your loss." Think about that for a change.

I will always love you Uncle Wormy and I will see you again one day!
Tondra

Bowie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

Amber Ditmore wrote:
It still amazes me that everyone always says, "I am sorry that these people had to go through this tramatic incident but, I'm glad ya'll are okay." Well we're not okay. Everyone is making my uncle out to be this bad person and he wasn't! The loss of a good man in our family is the tramatic incident. I love my in-laws like they are my blood and I am sure they would back me up on this. I haven't read one comment saying, "Sorry for your loss." Think about that for a change.
I will always love you Uncle Wormy and I will see you again one day!
You said, "everyone is making my uncle out to be this bad person.."
Don't you realize your uncle shot someone? Are you kidding me?
Amber Ditmore

Vernon, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

Judged:

I do realize that and unless you go through something like this you will never understand. I'm not mad for you having your opinion. But, you can't honestly tell me you're going to judge him on a bad judgement call. Your words are thoughtless and heartless. Put yourself in my family's shoes. He was someone's father, husband, brother, child, etc. Regardless of what you say or think my uncle will always be remembered as a good man.
Franc23

Graham, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

Judged:

Amber Ditmore wrote:
I do realize that and unless you go through something like this you will never understand. I'm not mad for you having your opinion. But, you can't honestly tell me you're going to judge him on a bad judgement call. Your words are thoughtless and heartless. Put yourself in my family's shoes. He was someone's father, husband, brother, child, etc. Regardless of what you say or think my uncle will always be remembered as a good man.
I understand what you are saying. But you don't have the ability to step outside and look at this from a detached point of view.

Your uncle shot someone in the stomach. Can you not admit that shooting someone is bad? Can't someone be judged for doing something bad?

I feel sorry for your family and you. You didn't make your uncle shoot someone. This is a tragic loss for you and your family. But your uncle is the one that caused this. He and he alone is to blame. I know that is hard to take, but it is true.
Tondra

Graham, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2011

I am sorry too. But your statement doesn't make sense. Hitler was someeone's father and friend and uncle and brother too. That doesn't mean what he did was right.

And I am not at all trying to compare your uncle to Hitler. I am just trying to make you understand. I am sorry, but people will NOT think of him as a "good man." You and your family may, but others will not.
Amber Ditmore

Clyman, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2011

Whether you believe he was a good man or not is your opinion. Like I have said before, you did not know him or the situation. But to exploit him like this is very hard for tha family to read. Nobody knows and will never know his last thought, his last words. He was a very loving man and this incident was completely unexpected. There were know signs leading to this incident which in fact proves my uncle to always be remembered as a good man. Regardless of the world's judgemental opinions.
Tondra

Graham, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

Who is exploiting him? What are you talking about?

I sure don't know what his "last thought" was. But I can assure you it wasn't, "I better not shoot that guy."

No one is passing judgment. They are just stating facts. He shot someone. Could have killed them. Period.
Amber Ditmore

Vernon, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

This entire time I have been trying to be nice about the things I've heard about him. Bottom line is, YOU or anyone else did not know him. You cannot "state facts" if you do not know them. Which you don't. So BACK OFF! All you know is what the news says. You don't know what happened exactly. And "that guy" (as you say) that he did shoot, weren't enemies. They were in-laws, next door neighbors. I could go on and on about this. I'm pretty sure I knew my uncle better than any of ya'll. Like I've said before, you have your opinions and I can't change them. But, you will not change my mind because your opinion doesn't mean a thing unless you knew him or the situation.
Tondra

Graham, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

I am not trying to base any argument from the news.

You tell me if I am wrong. Please. If you say I am wrong, I will believe you.

Did he shoot the fire chief, his brother-in-law in the stomach?

If he didn't, I will say I am sorry and never talk about this again.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind. But I think we all know that Brian Ditmore shot someone in the stomach. He tried to kill them.

Whatever his motives are, I don't pretend to know. I am just telling you the result of his behavior.

He tried to kill someone.

I want you to please read what I just wrote. I never made a single statement that was not true. I never made a single accusations. I never tried to get inside his mind. I didn't say anything bad about him. I just stated the facts.

Are facts not true anymore?
robert gullet

Graham, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2011

Amber, I am so sorry for your loss. But I have to agree with the others that have posted.

No one is trying to get inside your uncle's mind. No one is claiming that they know why he did what he did. No one, as far as I can see, has said that he is a "bad man" for what he did.

The end result, however, is that your uncle shot his brother-in-law in the stomach. It looks like, for all intents and purposes, that he tried to kill him.

Now maybe your uncle had a brain tumor or something. Hopefully, your family ordered an autopsy so we will know if he had a brain tumor.

Otherwise, it looks like he just wanted to beat up his wife, then shoot his brother in law, then kill himself.

I don't know what he was "thinking" but that is what he actually did.
Amber Ditmore

Vernon, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

I am sorry that ya'll think that. Maybe some day you will understand. Maybe you won't. To be honest I really don't care what you think because like I said, you do NOT KNOW what went on that day! Think about that.
vicky

Elk City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2011

Amber,I do not feel the same way that the others commenting on here do and i am sorry for your loss and mine, you see, i worked with Brian and he was my best friend. I do not appreciate the fact that people are thinking this way about him at all. noone knows exactly what happened that Thanksgiving Day except for the people that were there. Tondra, you do not speak for me or anyone else that knew him so you saying that others will not think he is a good man is bullshit.
Brian was a very caring person, always smiling, laughing, joking around and i miss him dearly. So do his wife and kids. how do i know this? because i still see her cry for her husband.I often wonder myself what he was going thru his mind that tragic day and if there was something we could have done but on the other hand, if you knew brian, he wasnt the type to tell you his problems. if he wanted you to know he would tell you and if not dont ask.. i dont know really where i am trying to go with this post because i could go on and on about what a GOOD MAN he was. like amber said, " Maybe one day you will understand. maybe you wont." so please if you have something bad to say about Brian, keep it to yourself and please respect his family and friends that miss him and love him dearly now and always..
one more thing,
UNLESS YOU PEOPLE CAN WALK ON WATER, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO JUDGE...
Amber Ditmore

Vernon, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2011

Thank you very much Vicky. I've read over these comments and cried, but when I read yours, they weren't tears of heartache. Only those of us who knew my uncle would understand how loving and caring he was. He will always be remembered so in our hearts. What hurts the most isn't reading what people think about him, it's seeing how my family's eyes fill with tears when they read it. Like I have said before, I understand that everyone will have their own opinions. However, some would think that they would have enough respect for the family to remember that he was someone's father, husband, son, etc. Not only do they write about a man who has already taken his last breath, but they write these words about a man whose family reads over it and weeps. As if going through a tragedy as this isn't enough. We have to be reminded everyday about it. Just when we have a moment where we aren't thinking about the fact that his smile is no longer with us, someone calls saying there's another post. Again Vicky, I thank you for your words, as does my family appreciate them. Words cannot express how much it means to know that people have a heart and will reach out to those in need of kindness.
cleanup

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

nobody know but him.
cleanup

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2011

I know the family and the only person that knows what was going through his mind is him. You can beleive the stories that the newspapers or the news told you, but are they allways correct? He was a good man and he was brought up like that. His kids loved him very much and he would go out of his way to help someone. I don't know how a person can judge someone that doesn't know him. Everyone is so quick to judge someone theses days. How I see it look in your own backyard before you judge someone else.I know his brother Ron and the hurt that he feels losing his brother this way. Amber, I am sorry that you lost your uncle but others had lost a friend that day as well. I know that others will comment on my post as well. But the one that will have the final say is the good lord.
Aintee

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2011

Brian was my nephew, youngest son of my brother. Only the Good Lord knows exactly what happened and what those final thoughts were. Taking his own life was totally out of character for Brian. There isn't a day that goes by without a thought of some kind about Brian - we see something, or hear a favorite piece of music that reminds us of him, or run across a picture. Just something that keeps his memory alive for us.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••