Shoppers pursue deals at stores at al...

Shoppers pursue deals at stores at all hours

There are 14 comments on the Chillicothe Gazette story from Nov 29, 2013, titled Shoppers pursue deals at stores at all hours. In it, Chillicothe Gazette reports that:

Susan Alley showed no signs of slowing down early Friday morning as she continued her pursuit for clothing and other items at JC Penney in Chillicothe during one of the year's biggest shopping days known as Black Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chillicothe Gazette.

Reality

Frankfort, OH

#1 Nov 30, 2013
The positive side of moving some Black Friday deals to Thanksgiving day was that it helped reduce the gridlock at some stores on Friday and Saturday. Still, I did little shopping during the initial rush, choosing to wait until the fat old welfare scum had their chance to show their lack of class. The layaway lines were ridiculas.

Since: Jan 13

Nicholasville, KY

#2 Nov 30, 2013
This is probably what's leading to the demise of our country. The materialistic mindset of society instead of focusing on family and being togather. To each his own I guess.
joe

Chillicothe, OH

#3 Nov 30, 2013
Reality you are the one showing lack of class.Everyone has a right to shop.Maybe your jealous because she or he showed more class then you.
lol

AOL

#4 Nov 30, 2013
reality...don't talk about a lack of class...you already have shown you don't have any.
theforce

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Nov 30, 2013
joanna50 wrote:
This is probably what's leading to the demise of our country. The materialistic mindset of society instead of focusing on family and being togather. To each his own I guess.
lol...someone with an actual log in nickname on this gossip website is preaching about the demise of our country....funny
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#6 Nov 30, 2013
joanna50 wrote:
Only in America is it okay to camp for greed and consumerism, but taboo to camp for democracy and justice.

Lexington, KY

#7 Nov 30, 2013
theforce wrote:
<quoted text>lol...someone with an actual log in nickname on this gossip website is preaching about the demise of our country....funny
Not preaching just telling it like it is under a registered name unlike yourself. Its intent isn't a gossip site anyway.

Lexington, KY

#8 Nov 30, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Only in America is it okay to camp for greed and consumerism, but taboo to camp for democracy and justice.
Talk about some screwed up values, no wonder Americas moral fiber is weak.
rebel rouser

Chillicothe, OH

#9 Nov 30, 2013
How about the "moral fiber" of the ones who blow their money and depend on taxpayers to stand in line, shop, and spend their (earned) money so that their parasite brats can have Christmas gifts?

I'm surprised that any welfare trash was shopping--it is the end of the month and weren't some of them crying because they didn't get a free Thanksgiving basket?

Lexington, KY

#10 Nov 30, 2013
Don't know I try to be grateful for what I have and be glad I am not on welfare, things can be worse than they are.
rebel rouser

Chillicothe, OH

#11 Nov 30, 2013
Agreed. Let's hope that these welfare suckers do something to better their lives in the new year and not depend on the free ride. If their kids don't deserve better than handouts, they have bred another generation of users and abusers. It's time for the entitled to grow up!

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#12 Nov 30, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Only in America is it okay to camp for greed and consumerism, but taboo to camp for democracy and justice.
Agreed!
Blah! Blah!

Portsmouth, OH

#13 Nov 30, 2013
U guys make me sick! Just because u hav to work 4 a living. U r just jealous because we don't. Why work when we can get it all without working! Free medical insurance,free dental,free eyeware. Foodstamps,free check. Stay up all night and sleep in. Have all the children we want and no cost to us. It fun to live without any worries

Nicholasville, KY

#14 Nov 30, 2013
I think its because we want to feel like we are accomplishing something other than being a burden on others. Enjoy your free ride while it lasts because your coming to the last stop. BTW I am totally glad I can go to work do my part and make a positive contribution. I also don't have any worries as I know I am paying my own way and not depending on a government handout.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thanksgiving Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Special event in Dudley to mark 75 years since ... Aug 23 news 1
News Police make drug arrest during Brown Thursday (Dec '13) Aug 11 Kentucky1486 5
News When do foods spoil? Aug 11 pranab31 1
News Harper calls election for Oct. 14, ignores own ... (Sep '08) Aug 3 JUSTIN TRUDEAU ER... 6
News Britney Spears' little sister, Jamie Lynn, preg... (Jan '08) Aug 1 Victoria Dawn Jus... 63
News A love letter to the Birmingham hot dog Jul '15 Will Dockery 3
News Turkey Testicle Festival host not ruffled by co... Jul '15 Spotted Girl 11
More from around the web