Editorial: Cesar Chavez Day acts emba...

Editorial: Cesar Chavez Day acts embarrassing

There are 11 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Apr 3, 2012, titled Editorial: Cesar Chavez Day acts embarrassing. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

Our view: It's a confounding problem that is distinct to Chico - people using Cesar Chavez Day as an excuse to party and stereotype.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

Angry American

Chico, CA

#1 Apr 3, 2012
"The university has done all it can or should. University administration has offered campus and community activities, and talked to students about appropriate behavior." ??? All it can or should? Bullshit! CSU can afford a new parking garage, new athletic center and more dorms but they cannot afford their own police force to keep these animals under control. Why not build a drunk tank of their own instead of having the county pay to bring them to Oroville ? It's not a city or county problem. It's a state problem.
Angry American

Chico, CA

#2 Apr 4, 2012
I also forgot to mention what CSU gives Zing for a salary not to mention Housing,travel and other expenses? Were talking over $400,000 a year yet they do very little to keep the students under control.
Take that parking garage and instead of parking lanes build cells to house intoxicated student offenders and let the state deal with them
there you go again

Colusa, CA

#4 Apr 4, 2012
Wow!

You are such an old whiner!

The police made 33 arrests over the weekend and 9 of them were of local or out of area college students, and you want to blame them all, and paint the entire University as a "problem".

Give me an F'ing break more of them were local than were students, and even then, SO WHAT?

Don't you, Doesn't Chico, have much bigger things to worry about then a bunch of young people having fun and occaisionally going a bit over-borad, in the way that young people have always done?

Do you need to whine about every single thing?
Angry American

Chico, CA

#5 Apr 4, 2012
there you go again wrote:
Wow!
The police made 33 arrests over the weekend and 9 of them were of local or out of area college students, and you want to blame them all, and paint the entire University as a "problem".
Give me an F'ing break more of them were local than were students, and even then, SO WHAT?
Don't you, Doesn't Chico, have much bigger things to worry about then a bunch of young people having fun and occaisionally going a bit over-borad, in the way that young people have always done?
Then you pony up and pay for the transportation and processing costs of these morons. All this is a huge chunk out of the city budget and I dont see Zing or CSU offering to reimburse the city. Once again you prove to be an incompetent idiot with a big mouth
there you go again

Colusa, CA

#6 Apr 4, 2012
why in the world would the University pay for it? The university didn't break the law. Why would Paul Zing pay for it? He didn't break the law.

If a student broke the law that student will pay for it in EXACTLY the same way that the locals who broke the law will pay for it.

Why in the world would students who break the law be handled any differently than anyone else who breaks the law?
Angry American

Chico, CA

#7 Apr 4, 2012
there you go again wrote:
Wow!
"a bit over-borad"??? You must be a Chico State student.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#8 Apr 4, 2012
Angry American wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the california schools are lax but I don't think they would even let a moron as stupid as rod in the arse even walk into the campus........
there you go again

Colusa, CA

#9 Apr 4, 2012
Angry American wrote:
<quoted text>
just a typo. Right letters, wrong order. It happens. Don't tell me you type perfectly?
there you go again

Colusa, CA

#11 Apr 4, 2012
Let me ask you this. If a person comes here to go to the Mall, from out of town, and that person breaks the law, do you expect the mall to pay for it because they came here to go to the mall?

Or If someone comes here to work at Enloe and that person breaks the law do you expect Enloe to pay for it because they came here to work at Enloe?
there you go again

Colusa, CA

#12 Apr 4, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the california schools are lax but I don't think they would even let a moron as stupid as rod in the arse even walk into the campus........
Yeah you have never made a typo have you?

You don't even understand what you read most of the time. You actually thought they were building a school in cupertino because the called it a "campus". LOL

You really shouldn't be talking about other people's typos

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#13 Apr 5, 2012
Angry American wrote:
<quoted text>Then you pony up and pay for the transportation and processing costs of these morons. All this is a huge chunk out of the city budget and I dont see Zing or CSU offering to reimburse the city. Once again you prove to be an incompetent idiot with a big mouth
AMEN, Good posting!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Patrick's Day Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News South St. Paul man charged with sexually assaul... (Mar '10) Fri Davycrockett 152
News Immigrants vital to Boston's history (Mar '17) Jun '17 Hilton Head 35
News Hillary Clinton 'ready to come out of the woods... (Mar '17) Apr '17 Now_What- 9
News Police Release Sketch Of Sexual Assault Suspect (Apr '17) Apr '17 Leroy Jones 2
News National Illegal Immigration Conversation Conti... (Mar '17) Mar '17 The Truth 6
News Revelers high-spirited at Boston St. Patrick's ... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Patricks phartsc 1
News Political Comeback? Clinton's back and 'ready t... (Mar '17) Mar '17 CZars_R_US 6
More from around the web