FBI eyes case where unarmed black tee...

FBI eyes case where unarmed black teen Trayvon Martin killed in gated community

There are 102 comments on the Canada.com story from Mar 19, 2012, titled FBI eyes case where unarmed black teen Trayvon Martin killed in gated community. In it, Canada.com reports that:

Showcasing the collections of over 30 designers from across Canada, Europe, Asia and South America, Vancouver Fashion Week starts Tuesday, three weeks earlier than usual.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Canada.com.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Jimmy Soprano

Elyria, OH

#1 Mar 19, 2012
This boy was killed for being perceived as a threat because he was black! This boy was killed for no reason other than the fact that he was born the wrong color and was walking in the wrong neighborhood! A neighborhood where certain individuals felt he didn't belong! The more things are thought to have changed, the more they stay the same!

“Stop the liberal madness”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#2 Mar 19, 2012
Jimmy Soprano wrote:
This boy was killed for being perceived as a threat because he was black! This boy was killed for no reason other than the fact that he was born the wrong color and was walking in the wrong neighborhood! A neighborhood where certain individuals felt he didn't belong! The more things are thought to have changed, the more they stay the same!
Take your Italian butt back to Jersey and go vote for Obama with your union friends.
MARLENE

AOL

#3 Mar 20, 2012
PRESIDENT OBAMA 2012, BLACKS DO NOT BE FOOLED by Satan, who is a Liar. PRESIDENT OBAMA DESERVE TWO TERMS JUST LIKE BUSH. THE EQUALITY CLAUSE.
Dont be so angry that we are Blind. REGISTER TO VOTE FOR Presient Obama. Remember Michelle is a Constiutitonal Citizens, who are representing America and Black women extremely well to the World. Also ask the Black Farmers, and Colleges, and his top Black Female Staff, why you should make sure you all register to vote at all rallies, and churches, and colleges, DESIGN A TEE SHIRT VOTE FOR TRAYVON, VOTE FOR MALIA AND SACHA , PRESIDENT OBAMA, TO RAISE THE IMPORTANCE OF BLACK CHILDREN.
Robert

Hollywood, FL

#4 Mar 20, 2012
Hey I bet it the media looks harder they can find a picture to use of trayvon martin when he was 6 to use instead of the one in the article which is obviously several years old trying to make him look like a little kid.
Old Cold Warrior

Portsmouth, OH

#6 Mar 20, 2012
After expressing my sincere empathy and sympathy to Trayvon Martin's friends and family members, I will sarcastically and satirically address the mess and madness of those outsider shriners and whiners and groups who are showing up to get free publicity to spread their usual poop:

http://s845.photobucket.com/albums/ab14/OldCo...

They ought to buy Leon Harrison's "Genuine $19.99 Makeshift Shrine" that they can use time after time, and be ready to show up at any event, what the heck, including plane crashes and car wrecks.
Robert

Hollywood, FL

#7 Mar 21, 2012
Saw the news with all the black protesters saying no justice no peace. What does that mean and what does that say about the black community.
CatholicPatriot

Tampa, FL

#8 Mar 21, 2012
The only person in danger was Trayvon Martin. George Zimmerman was instructed by the 911 operator not to follow Trayvon Martin.

Police and Sheriff's agencies across the state tell neighborhood watch members not to follow or confront suspects. Florida does not permit citizen's arrest so even licensed security officers are trained to avoid trying to detain people. As a licensed security officer in the state of Florida, if I tried to detain someone, I would be arrested.

Even if Trayvon Martin punched George Zimmerman, it was Trayvon Martin who acted in self-defense, and Trayvon Martin clearly tried to walk away from the confrontation.

No. I would say there is more than enough evidence to arrest George Zimmerman.
CatholicPatriot

Tampa, FL

#9 Mar 21, 2012
Robert wrote:
Saw the news with all the black protesters saying no justice no peace. What does that mean and what does that say about the black community.
Trayvon Martin was shot and killed by neighborhood watch while he was returning from buying candy for his younger brother. What does that say about the adequacy of training neighborhood watch receives? Oh yeah! They receive no training.
CatholicPatriot

Tampa, FL

#10 Mar 21, 2012
Stand your ground doesn't apply to George Zimmerman, he instigated the confrontation and Trayvon Martin tried to walk away from the confrontation.

Trayvon Martin acted in self-defense when he wasn't allowed to retreat. It is Trayvon Martin's actions we must apply the stand your ground defense to.

Neighborhood watch has no arrest authority, nor the authority to detain a person until police arrive. Even the trained and licensed security officers do not have arrest or detention powers.

Neighborhood watch has even less authority than licensed security officers in the state of Florida.
Robert

Hollywood, FL

#11 Mar 21, 2012
CatholicPatriot wrote:
<quoted text>
Trayvon Martin was shot and killed by neighborhood watch while he was returning from buying candy for his younger brother. What does that say about the adequacy of training neighborhood watch receives? Oh yeah! They receive no training.
If it turns out to be that simple justice will be forth coming, the state and the feds are involved so if the locals are covering something up they will find out.
They do have training in the neighborhood watch program as well as a manual, he obviously did not follow those guidelines. As such he should be fired as being the neighborhood watch block captain, not arrested for murder.
Epicurus

Casselberry, FL

#12 Mar 21, 2012
What if... a Sanford cop shot that boy?

Would there be a investigation?
Would the officer involved be granted full pay or relieved of duty, w/pay, until a determination was achieved?

This is a case of vigilante-ism.
This is MURDER, nothing less... and this gun carrying cretin needs to be sent to jail.

He used excessive force for NO reason.
In Brevard a man in volved in a fight with a teen resulted in jail time...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/shocking-vid-...

This pales by comparisonto Trayvon
Lonewolf

Batesburg, SC

#13 Mar 21, 2012
If he was in a gated community and wasn't a resident,he was up to no good,period.
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#14 Mar 21, 2012
Lonewolf wrote:
If he was in a gated community and wasn't a resident,he was up to no good,period.
He was a resident...he was staying with relatives who lived there. You are an azz.
Gun Nut

Portsmouth, OH

#15 Mar 21, 2012
All CCW classes with NRA instructors and students, and gun magazines, cover and discuss such and similar scenarios, like ya know; emphasizing criminal and civil consequences of using a gun for self-defense and for fun. No, a CCW license is not a license to get involved and help out the cops. No, it does not qualify one to be on the SWAT team with a gun. Every gun magazine features those "it happened to me" and "you and the law" articles and stories, with wize legal advice.

“Stop the liberal madness”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#16 Mar 21, 2012
Lonewolf wrote:
He was staying with relatives but what I question is why he was roaming around acting suspicious .

I understand why Zimmerman was fightened for his life.
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#18 Mar 22, 2012
luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
He was staying with relatives but what I question is why he was roaming around acting suspicious .
Walking back from the 7-11 with some candy and drinking an ice tea is suspicious??? Since when? The problem is that his black skin made him suspicious.
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#19 Mar 22, 2012
luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
Walking from the store is acting suspicious? In what way?
scooter

Osceola, MO

#20 Mar 22, 2012
dam fine shooting,crimestopper.
fedupwiththemess

Ashburn, VA

#21 Mar 22, 2012
scooter wrote:
dam fine shooting,crimestopper.
Of your mother.
scooter

Cameron, MO

#22 Mar 22, 2012
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>Of your mother.
stupid monkey boy,back to your cage,it's feeding time,have a banana.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Patrick's Day Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cinco de Mayo May 20 hahahaha 62
News 'She said yes!' The moment Bristol Palin accept... May 15 Tazo 2
News Recap of Utica's annual St. Patrick's Day parade Mar '15 CU laterca 5
News de Blasio goes half-Irish for St. Patrick's Day Mar '15 Maude 30
News How the White House snubbed Irish politicians o... Mar '15 Lawrence James co... 12
News St. Patrick's Day parade moved to March 21 Mar '15 kalf 1
News Hundreds line streets of Ocean View for annual ... Mar '15 Uber-Bro of the U... 1
More from around the web