10 St. Patrick's Day Hangover Cures

Mar 15, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: phillymag.com

If you're planning on overdoing it this weekend , don't sweat. I mean, you'll probably be sweating as you clutch the porcelain throne and yell, "Why, God, why?!", but that's the choice you made when you decided to do the Erin Express .

Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Mar 18, 2013
Don

Bangor, ME

#1 Mar 18, 2013
3 things that help me are 1: Pedialyte or similar product that is used to hydrate children with diarrhea. You can also buy Pediatric Assured Fruit-Flavored Electrolyte Drink from your local Dollar Tree store for only $1.00. I recommend drinking two of these a few hours apart. Believe me it works wonders. 2: Stacker2 company has a Hangover Helper drink that is tasty and helps replenish the body. I usually need to drink two of these at the same time to feel any benefits but one bottle might suit you. You can drink the Hangover Helper shot at the same time as the Pedialyte. 3: V8 low sodium juice through out the day helps. and 4: A vitamin B complex supplement to replace the B that your body has lost. 5: Take a low dose Melatonin before bed the next night. Alcohol depletes your bodies own melatonin. This is needed for sleep. Also it's why heavy drinkers have a hard time staying asleep.

Now all that said I want to list serious stuff to avoid. 1: Avoid Caffeine this will only make you feel worse. Also caffeine only really works on a day you are already well rested. As a stimulant it will get your blood pressure / heart rate too high for you to cope on a bad day. It will only make you feel strung out. 2: Speed! Not that you should be doing this anyway because it is illegal but some party people think that using ADHD medications makes you feel good. Well it can because it raises dopamine levels but on a hangover day those levels don't stay up. But what you are left with is the adrenaline rush from speed that keeps your heart pounding like caffeine does. Besides it's illegal to abuse drugs anyway. 3: Avoid smoking or being around cigarette smoke. It may seem like you are calming your nerves however your body really needs the oxygen right now. Smoking or being near too much smoke decreases the bodies absorption of oxygen from the air that we breath. Oxygen is essential in helping your body heal right now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

St. Patrick's Day Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Southie's St. Patrick's Day parade: Should it s... May '14 Wondering 2
Eat Like You're Irish May '14 Lesbo Lolo 15
Irish parade: Evergreen Park split on taking ov... (Apr '09) Apr '14 Resident 21
A pub for any taste: The Bar Hop's local option... Apr '14 Creepy Richardson... 1
Hilary Duff shows off her slender figure in two... Mar '14 Hilary Duff 1
Solano GOP announces dinner speaker Mar '14 Tea Party Patriot 1
Gay-Marriage Foe to March in NYC Gay Pride Parade Mar '14 snyper 42
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

St. Patrick's Day People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••