John Switzer commentary: Spring alway...

John Switzer commentary: Spring always wins out over winter | T...

There are 4 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Mar 7, 2010, titled John Switzer commentary: Spring always wins out over winter | T.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

March is a battleground month. The waning winter makes its last stand against spring, which is charging in on a white stallion.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

That Car

Columbus, OH

#1 Mar 7, 2010
In spite of the snow still on the ground, I was happy to see the flowers starting to bloom! http://www.flickr.com/photos/thatcar/44116443...
Helena Handbasket

Carlsbad, CA

#2 Mar 7, 2010
It's been a nice Winter and I could stand another month of it. But I know how much Mr. Switzer dislikes it so it's all right if Spring comes soon. I want him to be happy so he will continue to write his column. I just wish the infernal meddlers would leave the time alone though. I cannot stand daylight savings time.
Nick

Pataskala, OH

#3 Mar 7, 2010
Couldn't agree more about the time change-it is not
needed anymore.
I am in the minority because I enjoy winter and will take it any day over summer which brings oppressive heat and humidity. The thought of waking up and it being 70 degrees and 100 percent humidity at 6 a.m. and knowing it will only get worse makes me pine for the few weeks of actual winter we really have. And---a fact that most folks cannot wrap their minds around-we live in Ohio -not the south (thank god!)-we are supposed to have winter- but we don't get a real winter here and haven't for years- a Late November to Late March season. What we do get is a May-October never ending period of heat and humidity I will take winter.
Bobbi

Hollywood, FL

#4 Mar 9, 2010
We moved to Florida 7 years ago. While I don't miss the snow and cold, I do very much enjoy your descriptions of everything. Spring has been slow arriving here too. I have a new bouginvilla (sp) that I was sure didn't survive the freeze, but it is showing growth from the roots. What a thrill!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tom Burns: Blame the moon for the confusion Mar '16 Tanya Yorky 1
News The Weird Ways Animals Tell Us Spring Is Here (Mar '15) Mar '15 DILF 2
News Spring puts the petal to the metal (Mar '13) Mar '13 Sunflower 1
News Photos: 4th International Nowruz Festival in As... (Mar '13) Mar '13 MAKEDONIA ALWAYS ... 1
News North Adams: Sundial to be topic of illustrated... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Good Idea 2
News The Origin of 'Easter,' Bunnies and Eggs (Apr '12) Apr '12 yolanda castaneda 1
News Resurrection Sunday begins Easter Season (Apr '12) Apr '12 paul shykora arts 2
More from around the web