Nature takes its course

Nature takes its course

There are 24 comments on the GoErie.com story from Mar 19, 2009, titled Nature takes its course. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

This is a portrait of T.J. and Cindy Laffan portraying the Oak King and the Holy King during the Covenant of Brighid's Haven's celebration of the Vernal Equinox on March 18 at the Universalist Unitarian Church.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Whillow

Danville, KY

#25 Mar 23, 2009
The Real Lori wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =EKN4rMo5a6MXX
Why is it that Pagans never seem to be doing this kind of thing?!? Oh yeah...we're not nuts, well not THAT nuts anyway.
)o( Blessed Be!~ Whillow
Ecdysiast

United States

#26 Mar 23, 2009
Never met people who could hate as much as Christians. I suspect it's common failing among the "Critters of the Book". Love comes out one side of their mouth, back of the hand out the other. Considering all the witch executions, the crusades, and all the rest of that, probably the back of the hand is the best you can hope for.

Never been struck by a pagan. Never had one get in my face about my belief system. Never had one tell me my open mind was open to hate. Never had one tell me I had to cover any particular part of my body, eat or not eat this or that (though they seem to have personal dietary practices), never had one tell me what medications or medical procedures I could or couldn't have, never had one tell me I was going to die and go to eternal agony. I don't know, stacked up against the christians I've met, the pagans come off pretty well.
Denny

Sugar Land, TX

#27 Mar 23, 2009
MCR wrote:
Good article. People fear what they don't understand. Wonder how many know that much of the Catholic religion has been influenced by Paganism.
You are so right about your observation, but keep in mind that the Catholic Religion is all that, rules, traditions, worshipping Mary instead of Jesus and even praying to her, because when the church was formed in Rome, Goddess' were the in-thing, so that's how they converted so many, Martin Luther saw the obvious wrongs of that church, and Thank God for Protestants - they are allowed to read the Bible (Best Information Before Leaving Earth) and worship accordingly.

“christianity has pagan dna”

Since: Mar 08

Brisbane, Australia

#28 Mar 23, 2009
I don't know where this saying came from but it fits so nicely..."christianity has pagan dna"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tom Burns: Blame the moon for the confusion (Mar '16) Mar '16 Tanya Yorky 1
News The Weird Ways Animals Tell Us Spring Is Here (Mar '15) Mar '15 DILF 2
News Spring puts the petal to the metal (Mar '13) Mar '13 Sunflower 1
News Photos: 4th International Nowruz Festival in As... (Mar '13) Mar '13 MAKEDONIA ALWAYS ... 1
News North Adams: Sundial to be topic of illustrated... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Good Idea 2
News The Origin of 'Easter,' Bunnies and Eggs (Apr '12) Apr '12 yolanda castaneda 1
News Resurrection Sunday begins Easter Season (Apr '12) Apr '12 paul shykora arts 2
More from around the web