Nature takes its course

Full story: GoErie.com

This is a portrait of T.J. and Cindy Laffan portraying the Oak King and the Holy King during the Covenant of Brighid's Haven's celebration of the Vernal Equinox on March 18 at the Universalist Unitarian Church.
Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Mar 23, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
blazmosis

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Excellent! Thank you for portraying our religion in an accurate (positive!) way.

“GO TOPLESS!!”

Since: Apr 08

West Brookfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Yes, a very good article.

It's pretty sad that he has to be concerned about people following him because of the bumper stickers.

This is why I don't advertise...
MCR

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Good article. People fear what they don't understand. Wonder how many know that much of the Catholic religion has been influenced by Paganism.

Meadville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Judged:

I found the article to be very informative. I am usually very critical of organized religion, but reading this really opened my eyes. It is really a shame that people have to live in fear. I, for one am very intrigued.

“WOOH!!”

Since: May 08

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Very well done. Kudos to the reporter!
Ecdysiast

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

Generally speaking I don't think reality calls for a religious attitude toward it. Figure living in it's enough. However, might as well worship this stuff if you gotta worship anything. They probably having fun, and not at somebody else's expense.
sisteroak

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2009

He sounds to me like a hard working man that enjoys what he is doing.... I'm kind of jealous!! sisteroak
Gail

Coatesville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Judged:

Yes, open, open mind, to evil.
Trees are beautiful and their Creator sacrificed His life for you.
Vinny

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Rich looked great but Adam West is still my favorite.
EatAtJoes

Canonsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Judged:

"Pagan and proud," "Child of the Goddess" and "Protected by witchcraft."

I prefer the fish with DARWIN spelled in the middle.

Bible thumpers think you're one of them, until take a minute to read the sybmol.
EatAtJoes

Canonsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Judged:

Gail wrote:
Yes, open, open mind, to evil.
Just because you don't understand it, you simply just put it off as evil. What a sheltered world you must live in.
gail

Brookville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Judged:

MCR wrote:
Good article. People fear what they don't understand. Wonder how many know that much of the Catholic religion has been influenced by Paganism.
Nice lies there...you have no idea what you are talking about.
gail

Brookville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Hello to the other gail....don't know who you are but hello anyhow.
EatAtJoes

Canonsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Judged:

gail wrote:
<quoted text>Nice lies there...you have no idea what you are talking about.
I'm not so sure I'd be quick to judge there.

The Romans were Pagan before being converted to Christianity. Who says that they didn't carry over some of their rituals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagan_influences...

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Judged:

gail wrote:
<quoted text>Nice lies there...you have no idea what you are talking about.
It is really sad when you don't even know the history of your own religion. Many of the things you hold near and dear have Pagan roots.
gail

Brookville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

NM Desert Rat wrote:
<quoted text>
It is really sad when you don't even know the history of your own religion. Many of the things you hold near and dear have Pagan roots.
It is you who is in the dark. Try reading the Bible, we Christians are not pagans, it is you tree huggers who are pagans....and you satan worshipers who pass on these lies!

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

gail wrote:
<quoted text>It is you who is in the dark. Try reading the Bible, we Christians are not pagans, it is you tree huggers who are pagans....and you satan worshipers who pass on these lies!
Instead of reading a book of fiction, written by men to invent a new religion most of which was borrowed from other religions you should try picking up a history book or better yet read the actual writings of your early church. There is nothing more frustrating than an ignorant bible thumping christian. As far as Satan goes that is a boogy man invented by your religion to keep the masses under control.
Coyote

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

NM Desert Rat wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of reading a book of fiction, written by men to invent a new religion most of which was borrowed from other religions you should try picking up a history book or better yet read the actual writings of your early church. There is nothing more frustrating than an ignorant bible thumping christian. As far as Satan goes that is a boogy man invented by your religion to keep the masses under control.
Actually there is nothing more frustrating than religious kooks period, regardless of their choice of deity.

By kooks I mean to refer to those who can't keep their religion to themselves but feel compelled to spread their brand of the "word".
MrBurns

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2009

Judged:

Personally, I love it when good Christians(you know who you are)come to my door spreading their faith and trying to convert me. The hounds really love the exercise.

“Please don't feed the trolls.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Spring Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Spring puts the petal to the metal (Mar '13) Mar '13 Sunflower 1
Photos: 4th International Nowruz Festival in As... (Mar '13) Mar '13 MAKEDONIA ALWAYS ... 1
North Adams: Sundial to be topic of illustrated... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Good Idea 2
The Origin of 'Easter,' Bunnies and Eggs (Apr '12) Apr '12 yolanda castaneda 1
Resurrection Sunday begins Easter Season (Apr '12) Apr '12 paul shykora arts 2
Meeting will explain paganism, common misconcep... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Jumper 1
Mesa church brings Paganism out of the dark (Mar '12) Mar '12 CShine 3

Search the Spring Equinox Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••