The moon, sun, equinox, and Easter's ...

The moon, sun, equinox, and Easter's elusive dating

There are 4 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Mar 23, 2008, titled The moon, sun, equinox, and Easter's elusive dating. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

If the youngsters are shivering in their new Easter finery - instead of basking in the gentle April sun most of us are accustomed to - you can blame it on the stars.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Lorraine

Grand Rapids, MI

#1 Mar 24, 2008
I tried to rate this 5 stars, but had some issues with my computer.
I found this article very helpful in answering nonbelier's questions about the date of Easter. They knew I was a Christian and naturally thought I would know, but that information is not widely taught.
Although I don't understand a lot of the writing, I got enough to be able to explain it, and I thankyou. It was also very easy to locate when I googled.
Ebony

Wilmette, IL

#3 Mar 25, 2008
Huh? That was an EXTREMELY over complicated way to say that is Easter occurs the Sunday after the first full moon in spring. Seems like The Wire had a pretty accurate portrayal of the Baltimore Sun!
Laura Beth

Wayne, IL

#4 Mar 25, 2008
Wow, that was pretty intense. I still feel like I don't know why Easter was early. I used to think I was pretty smart, until I couldn't understand an article in the Baltimore sun. Next time I google "why was Easter early", I'll be sure to add the words "keep it simple".
Diana

San Diego, CA

#5 Apr 19, 2008
It's definitely more helpful than most I've read on the subject!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Austin ends warmest winter on record, meteorolo... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Warmest phaart 1
News Tom Burns: Blame the moon for the confusion (Mar '16) Mar '16 Tanya Yorky 1
News The Weird Ways Animals Tell Us Spring Is Here (Mar '15) Mar '15 DILF 2
News Spring puts the petal to the metal (Mar '13) Mar '13 Sunflower 1
News Photos: 4th International Nowruz Festival in As... (Mar '13) Mar '13 MAKEDONIA ALWAYS ... 1
News North Adams: Sundial to be topic of illustrated... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Good Idea 2
News The Origin of 'Easter,' Bunnies and Eggs (Apr '12) Apr '12 yolanda castaneda 1