You didn't miss it - Lent begins this...

You didn't miss it - Lent begins this week

There are 3 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Mar 7, 2011, titled You didn't miss it - Lent begins this week. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Have you awoken recently, realized it's March and thought, "Dang, I haven't thought about any Easter baskets yet," or, "My shelves are dangerously devoid of Matzah!" Chill out.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

cycle

United States

#1 Mar 7, 2011
I don't get it - if Lent is a Christian holiday why do Catholics use it to give up something they plan to start over again?
pardonmyashes

Glendale, AZ

#2 Mar 7, 2011
Lent! If only the DA offices across the country would have lent their right to a speedy trial to the freakshow here in Dona Ana County.
pardonmyashes

Glendale, AZ

#3 Mar 7, 2011
cycle wrote:
I don't get it - if Lent is a Christian holiday why do Catholics use it to give up something they plan to start over again?
Are you talking about Father Lent at the local Catholic church?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Weird Ways Animals Tell Us Spring Is Here Mar '15 DILF 2
News Spring puts the petal to the metal (Mar '13) Mar '13 Sunflower 1
News Photos: 4th International Nowruz Festival in As... (Mar '13) Mar '13 MAKEDONIA ALWAYS ... 1
News North Adams: Sundial to be topic of illustrated... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Good Idea 2
News The Origin of 'Easter,' Bunnies and Eggs (Apr '12) Apr '12 yolanda castaneda 1
News Resurrection Sunday begins Easter Season (Apr '12) Apr '12 paul shykora arts 2
News Meeting will explain paganism, common misconcep... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Jumper 1
More from around the web