Tech Prep student adds state title to...

Tech Prep student adds state title to her resume

There are 1 comment on the Evening Sun story from Apr 22, 2011, titled Tech Prep student adds state title to her resume. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

You've colored your eggs and stuffed your baskets full of goodies. The bunny decorations are up, and your Sunday best is laid out for the morning service.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

Ishtar

Carlisle, PA

#1 Apr 23, 2011
What does Easter mean? Where does it come from. Well let’s talk about it for a minute. It’s "Ishtar". Do you know what Ishtar is? This is actually what it translates or transliterates from, the word Ishtar.(see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishtar ) Ishtar was a so-called goddess, the "queen of heaven". The little old queen of heaven that “an egg”, so-called… I mean when you celebrate Easter, know what you’re doing, okay.

Supposedly this egg fell from heaven, the fish rolled it to the bank, the doves came and sat upon it and hatched it and presto, little Ishtar. Ishtar hatched, the little old queen of heaven, and presto, Easter, a wonderful heathen tradition. It’s idolatry. Then from that egg we have what is called the Easter egg. I dare you to find anywhere in God’s Word where you are told to hide Easter eggs, to color them, or to paint them. It’s idolatry. It was the practice when Ishtar, the little old queen of heaven, the queen of fertility, Venus, where they met each year. Now the egg symbolizes fertility. And each female was forced at least once to participate in an open, free-for-all orgy. Are you hearing me what Easter really is? Now I know, like I said, most people are in ignorance and don’t understand. I’m talking about the word Ishtar from which you get the word Easter. Easter does not come from “pascha” the Passover of our Lord, His Crucifixion. And it is a sin to connect the two if you have knowledge of it. It’s in God’s Word that you’d better stay away from it, quite to the contrary. But Christian churches today roll them. Little fertility rights.
Teach your children well, rather than of the Son of the Living God that hung on the cross and that He was our Passover lamb. Instead, they roll Easter eggs. Satan loves it. Heathenism right in our own Christian communities. I can hear some say,“Well you’re just getting excited.” Well that’s something to get excited about friend when you know better. You look at our people and you see how the traditions of men have seduced houses of God. Some ask,“Are you saying it’s a sin to roll Easter eggs?” No, they do it in ignorance. They don’t know what they’re doing. They don’t know "come here" from "sick ‘em" about our Father’s Word and what it teaches. Because they’ve been taught is “All you have to do is have faith and roll Easter eggs. It will all roll out alright.” They don’t realize that it was a Spring festival that was celebrated years and years and years before Christ ever walked the earth in the flesh tabernacle and that it was called Ishtar.

But they love it.“It’s Spring, it’s new life, it’s fertility.” And as if this were not enough, they bring in the Easter rabbit. Have you ever heard,“Quick like a bunny?” Are you beginning to get the point friend? It’s not funny. It isn’t funny at all. It’s ignorance, and the ignorance is bliss I suppose. But how easily are Christians swayed to the thoughts and traditions of man, rather than the truth and the simplicity of our Father’s Word. It’s a disgrace. It’s a shame that they would enjoy and take part in things symbolic of orgies; those things that are symbolic of fertility in the deepest and richest heathenistic sense. And we wonder why God doesn’t bless our cities and why He doesn’t bless our Churches, and why He doesn’t bless this that or the other, when they’re out rolling Easter eggs!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Spring Equinox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Austin ends warmest winter on record, meteorolo... Mar 1 Warmest phaart 1
News Tom Burns: Blame the moon for the confusion (Mar '16) Mar '16 Tanya Yorky 1
News The Weird Ways Animals Tell Us Spring Is Here (Mar '15) Mar '15 DILF 2
News Spring puts the petal to the metal (Mar '13) Mar '13 Sunflower 1
News Photos: 4th International Nowruz Festival in As... (Mar '13) Mar '13 MAKEDONIA ALWAYS ... 1
News North Adams: Sundial to be topic of illustrated... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Good Idea 2
News The Origin of 'Easter,' Bunnies and Eggs (Apr '12) Apr '12 yolanda castaneda 1
More from around the web