Jews must make tough choice between w...

Jews must make tough choice between work, school and religion

There are 291 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Sep 28, 2008, titled Jews must make tough choice between work, school and religion. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Oy! If you're an observant Jew, there are seven religious holidays in the next month that you will have to take off from work or school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Black Jebus

Lake Worth, FL

#336 Oct 7, 2008
JewishMary has obviously seen plenty. Dirty sluut!
JewishMary wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you checked a few out for yourself...you are dead wrong...hung like horses...however you have to make up for the "hung like hamster" crowd which you obviously beling to...
HR Rep

Brooklyn, NY

#337 Oct 7, 2008
SoFlorida wrote:
In my office there are 31 people... and 24 will be taking off for jewish holidays.. as well as christmas, christmas eve and other christian holidays!! who do you think is stuck with all the work when 3/4 of the office is out!?!?!?!
Days off for Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur, etc. are taken as vacation days and are deducted from the employee's available bank of paid time off.

In a year like this one, observant non-exempt employees are using most of their year's vacation to observe these holidays, the same way any other employee can use their vacation days to go to Aruba.

It is what it is.
Tzahi

Tel Aviv, Israel

#338 Oct 7, 2008
I know and talk about than alot .
but no one dead from it .
dont all the people not working .
have people that take it for vaction and have people that working like a usually but some times take a little vaction for two - one day .
the only question is where u work .
Rambo5254

Pompano Beach, FL

#339 Oct 8, 2008
HAPPY YOM KIPPUR TO ALL MY JEWISH FRIENDS!!!
Tzahi

Tel Aviv, Israel

#340 Oct 8, 2008
thx you
more hour yom kippur
Tzahi

Tel Aviv, Israel

#341 Oct 9, 2008
oo finely yom kippur done
its was hard and very board dont do anything .
no on computer no one t.v just me and my book .
the last hours was very hard but i did it .

=]
deeliteful

Lewisville, TX

#342 Oct 13, 2008
bubba wrote:
<quoted text>more people were tortured and killed in vietnam than world war 2!!!! the poles,,not you lying jews suffered more of a loss! you all want reparations for something you have no rights to!!!
so barry,
are you gonna tell me about the so-called tatoo's that after the war they added them to themselves to help clowns like you to remember? nothing to remember!! most of the jew's lied and continue to do so to this very day!!!! so blo me loser!
There's a reason you and others call yourself Bubba. It's amazing in this day and age, ignorance continues to fester like an incurable disease!
lucid

Dekalb, IL

#343 Oct 28, 2008
Barry wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you another high school dropout? Should we stop teaching history in the schools? Or should we just teach the hiostory that you approve of?
How about the History of the USS Liberty?
Deerfield Beach

Miami, FL

#344 Oct 28, 2008
Dr Jimmy wrote:
Please help a dumb Gentile -
Where does it say you can't work on these days?
Christians are allowed to work on Christmas, Good Friday, any day except Sunday.
The 4th
commendmant. "Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy" by abstaining from productive activity. We believe that those holidays are like a Sabbath day, where all forms of work including driving is forbiden.It shall be a Sabbath day into you. As for taking off early on Yom Kipper, it is because our holidays begin at sunset and end at sunset, on Yom Kipper we are required to fast, therefore we must eat before sunset.
Deerfield Beach

Miami, FL

#345 Oct 28, 2008
Rose Bush wrote:
A lot of people are forced to work Christmas Day or they lose their jobs. Why should it be different for everybody else?
If they are forced they should file a discrimination complaint.Many people volunteer to work for the exta pay.
Deerfield Beach

Miami, FL

#346 Oct 28, 2008
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed and may I add that they are all "sheep" following a set of ridiculous rules that some "men" wrote centuries ago to control the pagan populace.
Example: Jews cannot use a motor vehicle or a telephone after sundown
Friday night. Who came up with that?
Orthodox Jewish women must go to the Synagogue and rinse themselves out after their periods in a vat of water there. I am so sure God insists on that one!!! It is a good thing to have faith and a God. To be a nutcase is quite another.
the answer to not using the phone came from God. As far as going to the Mikvah, it makes her husband desire her more after the seperation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rosh Hashana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ruth Bader Ginsburg surprise speaker at Rosh Ha... Sep '17 Just Saying 7
News Does God have only one voice and one message? (Oct '16) Nov '16 True Christian wi... 83
News Uman Hasidic Pilgrims May Carry Ebola Virus, Uk... (Sep '14) Oct '14 Does Not Compute 3
News Who needs Jews? (Sep '13) Sep '13 NukUShima 17
News Israelis celebrate Jewish New Year, amid turmoil (Sep '13) Sep '13 paul SHYKORA arts 3
News Ukraine Robbers Steal $50K From Hasidic Pilgrimage (Jul '13) Aug '13 American Observer 17
News On Jewish new year, Israelis fear Iran strike (Sep '12) Sep '12 SHYKORA ARTs paul 1
More from around the web