Emotions, anticipation, and caffeine ...

Emotions, anticipation, and caffeine headaches, as Yom Kippur f...

There are 53 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Sep 20, 2007, titled Emotions, anticipation, and caffeine headaches, as Yom Kippur f.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

On Yom Kippur, which begins tonight, Jews concentrate on forgiveness and atonement for sins.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Watching in the wings

Wheaton, IL

#70 Sep 21, 2007
Ahmed wrote:
<quoted text>
There is good and bad in every race and religion. Terrorism was invented way before the radical Muslims started murdering people. I do not hate or feel sorry for you. We live in the greatest country on earth. We are free to think and say what ever we believe that is why I came here. If you hate me so be it. I do not hate in return.
Terrorism is part and parcel of the way of the Arab. Unfortunately, Mohammad was an arab and he did not have much tolerance for those who disagreed with him. And even worse, millions of Muslims EMULATE his "perfect moral character" by following it and wishing death to all who are not Muslim.

Fortunately you are not one, but that doesnt remove the truth of those who ARE emulating this example believing it has the divine sanction behind it.
Barry

Boynton Beach, FL

#71 Sep 21, 2007
Omni wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, the way you looked when roasted in gas chamber by Hilter.
Good try Nazi. Not Jewish. But he probably got you because you are a hermaphrodite.
Barry

Boynton Beach, FL

#72 Sep 21, 2007
Andrew Foster wrote:
The Jews Killed Christ
No history reviser. The Romans killed him because he was Jewish.
hungry

United States

#73 Sep 21, 2007
Crisis wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that discount you from being an insensitive bigot who has nothing better to do with his Harvard degree than to post senseless hatred on a newspaper online forum? What a fine job that school did educating you (or failure to thereof). You are a waste of space.
i speak the truth. jews are hard to please. they bIItch about everything and want everything for free. I'm not pulling any punches here. just speaking the truth
how true

Somerset, NJ

#74 Sep 21, 2007
F Prager wrote:
Ah, the "Days of Awe!" Awe at finding out you have to pay hundreds of dollars for a seat in a shul to pray to G-d. Wonder at being amongst your fellow Jews who, for one day, need to seek salvation so they can go back to being their immoral selves the next day. Here's an idea. Take the money you would spend on High Holy Day seats and donate to your favorite charity. Go outside to a quiet spot and revel in the splendor of the Lord G-d who made this earth and the people on it, including yourself. Thank Him for this one day and all the days before it and accept them as precious gifts and live each new one to its fullest. Pray because it makes you feel good and not because you're afraid of what might happen if you don't. Help the poor, offer comfort to the ill, feed the hungry, bless the children and, believe me, even if G-d isn't listening to you, you'll feel a lot better. Yes, I am a Jew. I find my G-d in the flowers of the field, in the laughter of the young and the wisdom of the old, in the inky blackness of night and the bright hues of the day, in the smoothness of the babies skin and the wrinkles of the old woman's face. Where do you find yours? LShana Tovah to all
I find mind in the sound of the surf as it hit the sand.....

May I give an AMEN on your special day.
how true

Somerset, NJ

#75 Sep 21, 2007
F Prager wrote:
Ah, the "Days of Awe!" Awe at finding out you have to pay hundreds of dollars for a seat in a shul to pray to G-d. Wonder at being amongst your fellow Jews who, for one day, need to seek salvation so they can go back to being their immoral selves the next day. Here's an idea. Take the money you would spend on High Holy Day seats and donate to your favorite charity. Go outside to a quiet spot and revel in the splendor of the Lord G-d who made this earth and the people on it, including yourself. Thank Him for this one day and all the days before it and accept them as precious gifts and live each new one to its fullest. Pray because it makes you feel good and not because you're afraid of what might happen if you don't. Help the poor, offer comfort to the ill, feed the hungry, bless the children and, believe me, even if G-d isn't listening to you, you'll feel a lot better. Yes, I am a Jew. I find my G-d in the flowers of the field, in the laughter of the young and the wisdom of the old, in the inky blackness of night and the bright hues of the day, in the smoothness of the babies skin and the wrinkles of the old woman's face. Where do you find yours? LShana Tovah to all
I find mine in the sound of the waves hitting the sand.

May I give you an AMEN on your special day.
Bree Daniel

Pompano Beach, FL

#76 Sep 21, 2007
Omni wrote:
<quoted text>
It's actually Hebrew headache. You get headache due to brain going crazy while reading Hebrew like Muslims reading Arabic.(Reverse direction)
Hey, kid, go back to playing your banjo on the porch.
The Real Deal

Boca Raton, FL

#77 Sep 21, 2007
Andrew Foster wrote:
The Jews Killed Christ
Check your history books... The Romans killed Christ. Proof - he was Crucified, that would entail getting the lumber, building the cross raising him up on the cross, then the mess of nail him to it.... Jews dont do manual labor! the Jews were just cooperating witnesses to his actions which led to the Romans action!
The Real Deal

Boca Raton, FL

#78 Sep 21, 2007
Who said you were Macho wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam the Egomaniacal Sexist Pig would be a better name. Lots of us are sorry you ever bought a computer. I hope you get eaten by a shark!
I think Adam's mother is the one who is the most sorry - for spreading them in the alley behind the diner's garbage dumpster to thank the trucker for the 20% tip on a cup of coffee!!("wow a shiny nickel!")--- hoping she would only be in for 9 months of suffering rather than the life time of watching failures of her son!
Boca

Munford, AL

#79 Sep 21, 2007
"Works" salvation never saved anyone.Jesus did it all for us so no man can boast. It' as simple as that but so hard for many to comprehend.
Lisa R

Ogden, UT

#80 Sep 21, 2007
Boca wrote:
"Works" salvation never saved anyone.Jesus did it all for us so no man can boast. It' as simple as that but so hard for many to comprehend.
The Christian concepts of salvation and "being saved" are Christian constructs. Neither of these concepts are found in the Tanach and are of no interest for us Jews.
Crisis

Boynton Beach, FL

#81 Sep 21, 2007
hungry wrote:
<quoted text>
i speak the truth. jews are hard to please. they bIItch about everything and want everything for free. I'm not pulling any punches here. just speaking the truth
And you, my ill-informed friend, are just another passenger on the anti-semetic bandwagon of loathe and hatred. Enjoy your miserable life, Mr. Harvard graduate (I actually laughed as I wrote that last quip!).

Since: Jan 07

Bangkok Thailand

#82 Sep 22, 2007
how true wrote:
<quoted text>
I find mine in the sound of the waves hitting the sand.
May I give you an AMEN on your special day.
A beautiful sentiment. Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rosh Hashana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Does God have only one voice and one message? (Oct '16) Nov '16 True Christian wi... 83
News Uman Hasidic Pilgrims May Carry Ebola Virus, Uk... (Sep '14) Oct '14 Does Not Compute 3
News Who needs Jews? (Sep '13) Sep '13 NukUShima 17
News Israelis celebrate Jewish New Year, amid turmoil (Sep '13) Sep '13 paul SHYKORA arts 3
News Ukraine Robbers Steal $50K From Hasidic Pilgrimage (Jul '13) Aug '13 American Observer 17
News On Jewish new year, Israelis fear Iran strike (Sep '12) Sep '12 SHYKORA ARTs paul 1
News On eve of Jewish new year, Israelis dread possi... (Sep '12) Sep '12 harper 1
More from around the web