Muslims Around the World Welcoming Ra...

Muslims Around the World Welcoming Ramadan

There are 26 comments on the KSFO-AM San Francisco story from Jul 19, 2012, titled Muslims Around the World Welcoming Ramadan. In it, KSFO-AM San Francisco reports that:

At sundown Thursday night, Muslims the world over welcomed Ramadan, the holiest month in the Islamic calendar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSFO-AM San Francisco.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#1 Jul 20, 2012
Already? it comes faster than I thought....

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#2 Jul 20, 2012
Just glad i dont have to worry about it. or offend people that are, by eating in front of them.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#3 Jul 20, 2012
"At sundown Thursday night, Muslims the world over welcomed Ramadan, the holiest month in the Islamic calendar ..."

Does that mean muslims will refrain from killing in the name of their "holy" religion?

Location hidden

#4 Jul 20, 2012
Joe DeCaro wrote:
"At sundown Thursday night, Muslims the world over welcomed Ramadan, the holiest month in the Islamic calendar ..."
Does that mean muslims will refrain from killing in the name of their "holy" religion?
might be to hungry to fight. But then again, the hunger might make them fight more.

“The Defiant Dhimmi”

Since: Apr 08

Scholar of the Obvious

#5 Jul 20, 2012
Islamic violence always increases during Ramadan.
Olympian

Pittsfield, MA

#6 Jul 20, 2012
Many Muslim Olympians decide to postpone Ramadan fasting until after London Olympics
During long summer days in London, that translates into 18 hours of fasting — something that many Muslim athletes consider impossible to do without losing their competitive edge.

Many of the 3,500 or so Muslim athletes expected to compete at the London Olympics will keep eating as usual.
The High Egyptian Islamic Council gave athletes a reprieve by announcing a fatwa, or religious edict, stating that Olympic athletes are not required to fast during coaching or competition.

Egyptian pentathlon coach Sherif al-Eryan said athletes have also sought guidance from a cleric before traveling to London and had decided not to fast during the games. Like other athletes, al-Erayn said, they will have their “full menu in an open buffet” in the athletes village.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/ma...

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#7 Jul 20, 2012
Trilin wrote:
Just glad i dont have to worry about it. or offend people that are, by eating in front of them.
just make sure you're not in this country, or else...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501713_162-574764...

“Twoof, a true act of ignorance”

Since: Jun 09

Canada

#9 Jul 20, 2012
I was looking for an excuse to walk around outside eating pulled pork sandwiches.

I think I just found it!
Chavis

London, UK

#10 Jul 20, 2012
Most Muslims people make rules to suit themselves, and they will frown upon non muslims - is this really the teachings of a religion that to hate and hurt fellow humans. Statistics show muslims commit alot of sexual related crimes and abuse.

This Ramandamadoo crap is a sham.

“The Defiant Dhimmi”

Since: Apr 08

Scholar of the Obvious

#11 Jul 20, 2012
Jinn Martini wrote:
<quoted text>
You fcking filthy shameless pedophile!
How typical of a Muslim, they meet facts with profanity and baseless accusations.
To prove my point, here is one of thousands of examples.

Troops in Iraq Prep for Ramadan Violence
http://www.military.com/features/0,15240,1747...

Location hidden

#13 Jul 21, 2012
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
<quoted text>
just make sure you're not in this country, or else...
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501713_162-574764...
never planned on going there. so i can still go out and eat at anytime i need to. They actually put up a sign at my work about ramadan, and my boss tossed it out saying he doesnt need that crap here.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#14 Jul 21, 2012
willy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're one ignorant ...whatever you want to call yourself....sub human
Hey, muslims do slaughter a lot of other muslims during ramadan every year. We think it's a horrible way to celebrate, but heck, that's just what they do.

I believe George posted a score card for the last 2 years. The death toll was astounding for your holiday.

Why aren't you complaining on behalf of those muslim victims??

Didsbury, Canada

#15 Jul 21, 2012
"Canada’s geographic quirks pose challenges for fasting Muslims

And soon after his arrival in the Far North from Toronto, Ramadan began, the ninth month of the Islamic calendar. It is a time when devout Muslims such as Mr. Suliman abstain from food, drink and other pleasures in daylight hours to commemorate the revelation of the Koran to Mohammed.

With perpetual daylight, this posed a challenge: Was it at all realistic, or even possible, to fast for an entire month?"

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/...

Hmmm....allah didn't think that one out too well!

Didsbury, Canada

#16 Jul 21, 2012
Ravenclaw wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, muslims do slaughter a lot of other muslims during ramadan every year. We think it's a horrible way to celebrate, but heck, that's just what they do.
I believe George posted a score card for the last 2 years. The death toll was astounding for your holiday.
Why aren't you complaining on behalf of those muslim victims??
"Muslims begin Ramadan fast in Asia; holy month marred by bombings in Thailand’s south

The holy month started ominously in southern Thailand, the region where most Thai Muslims live and where an insurgency has claimed thousands of lives. The car bombing started fires at shops and residences and sent black smoke wafting from a row of four-story buildings in a commercial area of Sungai Kolok in Narathiwat province."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_paci...

I prefer fire works for festive occasions...but I guess that's just me.

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#17 Jul 21, 2012
Porkpie Hat wrote:
"Canada’s geographic quirks pose challenges for fasting Muslims
And soon after his arrival in the Far North from Toronto, Ramadan began, the ninth month of the Islamic calendar. It is a time when devout Muslims such as Mr. Suliman abstain from food, drink and other pleasures in daylight hours to commemorate the revelation of the Koran to Mohammed.
With perpetual daylight, this posed a challenge: Was it at all realistic, or even possible, to fast for an entire month?"
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/...
Hmmm....allah didn't think that one out too well!
Moha....er Allah didn't think about aLOT of things!!!

Didsbury, Canada

#18 Jul 21, 2012
Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>
Moha....er Allah didn't think about aLOT of things!!!
Well we have lots of room up north if the world sees fit to have them hold ramadan up there...

I've worked up there many times and it is odd to have 24 hour daylight...even without the fasting!

“PROUD INFIDEL”

Since: Nov 08

The Crusades got it right!

#19 Jul 21, 2012
willy wrote:
<quoted text>
You're one ignorant ...whatever you want to call yourself....sub human
Tommy are you delirious and incoherent from fasting? Are you hungry yet? FOOD!!MMMMMMMMMMM! We just enjoyed a great brunch of bacon, eggs and pancakes! LOL!!
Nazir

Carrum Downs, Australia

#20 Jul 21, 2012
Thunder-Girl wrote:
<quoted text>Tommy are you delirious and incoherent from fasting? Are you hungry yet? FOOD!!MMMMMMMMMMM! We just enjoyed a great brunch of bacon, eggs and pancakes! LOL!!
ewww bacon

“PROUD INFIDEL”

Since: Nov 08

The Crusades got it right!

#21 Jul 21, 2012
Nazir wrote:
<quoted text>
ewww bacon
You muslims need to understand that pork is a staple food in many Western countries. We are not going to get rid of pork just to please muslims. You don't have to eat it, you eat what you like, just like I will not eat halal foods for ethical reasons.
Nazir

Ivanhoe, Australia

#22 Jul 21, 2012
Thunder-Girl wrote:
<quoted text>You muslims need to understand that pork is a staple food in many Western countries. We are not going to get rid of pork just to please muslims. You don't have to eat it, you eat what you like, just like I will not eat halal foods for ethical reasons.
i know i was just joking

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ramadan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Food 8 mins ago 10:11 a.m.Muslim man sues Littl... 2 hr Porky Mohammad 1
News Russia is Investigating Chechnya's Anti-Gay Purge 8 hr Pope Closet Emeritus 2
News Ramadan arrives 11 hr HomoMOHAMAD 4
News The Left s Road Leads To Manchester Thu vuk 2
News What is Ramadan? Why can't Muslims eat or drink? Wed HomoMOHAMAD 4
News Ramadan Prayer Line ends with divine message fo... (Jul '15) May 22 Rabbeen Al Jihad 6
News The Quran Competition: Madison's Islamic Youth ... (Jul '15) Apr 26 bestie 37
More from around the web