Australian sheikh killed by Syrian ro...

Australian sheikh killed by Syrian rocket

There are 14 comments on the Sydney Morning Herald story from Aug 21, 2012, titled Australian sheikh killed by Syrian rocket. In it, Sydney Morning Herald reports that:

SYDNEY'S Muslims, who marked the end of Ramadan in Lakemba this week, gathered there again last night to mourn an Australian sheikh and teacher killed in Syria.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sydney Morning Herald.

Since: Dec 10

Brisbane, Australia

#1 Aug 21, 2012

Did he help Australians here or just Syrians?
Elias

Australia

#2 Aug 21, 2012
Looks like he's with Allah now.
Camel

Adelaide, Australia

#3 Aug 21, 2012
Elias wrote:
Looks like he's with Allah now.
I hope he spits in his soup.
Anglo-Saxon Celt

Airds, Australia

#4 Aug 21, 2012
Hahahaha saarrrrrrrrked in!
Anglo-Saxon Celt

Airds, Australia

#5 Aug 21, 2012
I wonder if he was getting paid welfare benefits while he was over their?
Winnis

Australia

#6 Aug 21, 2012
I'm no lover of Sheiks but for goodness sake the man is dead, surely we can show some respect instead of posting mealy mouthed comments - try and think how you would be affected if it was one of your family. A little empathy at this time would be more appropriate.
Elias

Australia

#7 Aug 21, 2012
Winnis wrote:
I'm no lover of Sheiks but for goodness sake the man is dead, surely we can show some respect instead of posting mealy mouthed comments - try and think how you would be affected if it was one of your family. A little empathy at this time would be more appropriate.
My family wouldn't be joining a militia for starters...
Anglo-Saxon Celt

Airds, Australia

#8 Aug 22, 2012
Winnis wrote:
No respect is to be shown to arab-muslims. By their own actions over the years they have shown they dont deserve it.

Since: Dec 10

Brisbane, Australia

#9 Aug 22, 2012
Winnis wrote:
So does this mean if a person has been a tyrant in life or a saint or one that has been given new citizenship, country and safety, but who still shows more patriotism and allegiance to his old country shouldn't be given accolades or be condemmed for his actions after his death. Australia and Australians don't condone the violence in Syria but it is not our fight. This man who they claim is Australian did not adhere to these thoughts or actions as an Australian, he adherred to Syrian affiliation with the aid to help Syria as do the Syrians that are sending money to Syria to support the rebels cause....Now tell me how does this make him Australian except on a piece of paper he chose to ignore at his peril....
Anglo-Saxon Celt

Airds, Australia

#10 Aug 22, 2012
Ahomana wrote:
<quoted text>
So does this mean if a person has been a tyrant in life or a saint or one that has been given new citizenship, country and safety, but who still shows more patriotism and allegiance to his old country shouldn't be given accolades or be condemmed for his actions after his death. Australia and Australians don't condone the violence in Syria but it is not our fight. This man who they claim is Australian did not adhere to these thoughts or actions as an Australian, he adherred to Syrian affiliation with the aid to help Syria as do the Syrians that are sending money to Syria to support the rebels cause....Now tell me how does this make him Australian except on a piece of paper he chose to ignore at his peril....
Hes not an Australian.

Hes a sand n!g-g@r parasite and a dead one at that.
VietCong

Alderley, Australia

#11 Aug 23, 2012
Was it Sheik Yasser?
Wogstralia

Northmead, Australia

#12 Aug 23, 2012
Lmfao!

XD
Eyes wide open

Caldwell, NJ

#13 Aug 23, 2012
Some people have all the luck, he's got 72 virgins , and I'm stuck with my wife.

Life is not fair.
Eyes wide open

Caldwell, NJ

#14 Aug 23, 2012
Anglo-Saxon Celt wrote:
<quoted text>
No respect is to be shown to arab-muslims. By their own actions over the years they have shown they dont deserve it.

I agree 100 percent,.. Bet he was up to no good...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ramadan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Muslim population could double by 2050 Jan 13 Democrats eh 1
News What does Trump's decision to forgo Ramadan eve... (Jun '17) Jun '17 BB Board 1
News Expose anti-Islamic tendencies of newsmen, Tell... (Jun '17) Jun '17 Mohammed was insane 1
News Message of peace to Islam's detractors on the o... (Jun '17) Jun '17 And burn your Koran 1
News What I did in Ramadan (Jun '17) Jun '17 Ra_Ra 2
News How to deal with hot weather while working (Jun '17) Jun '17 andet1987 14
News a When does Ramadan end? Ta a raditiona alists,... (Jun '17) Jun '17 Ramadan deaths 4
More from around the web