Donít Forget the Jap Killings

Donít Forget the Jap Killings

There are 150 comments on the www.csmonitor.com story from Dec 7, 2009, titled Donít Forget the Jap Killings. In it, www.csmonitor.com reports that:

Japanese people attacked the USA, killing thousands of innocent American women, children, and men. Now you buy their cars. Be American and shun inferior Japanese cars.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.csmonitor.com.

Vivek Golikeri

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#23 Jan 26, 2010
Drunk Drivers Kill Kids wrote:
Pearl was a military installation and a couple thousand soldiers died. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were cities and hundreds of thousands of civilians died..
True, but that's not the point. Who attacked whom? And had the other side gotten the A-bomb first, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out what fascist devils like Hitler and Tojo would have done to us. President Roosevelt began the Manhattan Project because in a letter to him, Albert Einstein warned of evidence that Nazi Germany was possibly working on developing it.

WW Two veterans are absolutely right to get infuriated when ivory tower liberals moan about how sorry we should be about Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Of course, decent people should feel sorry for any innocents who got burned, but that is war. I personally don't give a damn about Pearl Harbor because in those days, the country didn't give a damn about the lives and rights of people who were not white. But when pinkoes make it look as if our side were the monsters, hey wait a minute!

America was very generous toward Germany and Japan in the post-war era. True,cynics can argue that we did so because now we needed them against the Soviets, and there's some truth to that. But compare how we treated them to the way Stalin just walked over Poland and Czechoslovakia!

The Nazis forced us to make the bomb, Japan forced us to use it, and the Cold War and now Al-Qaeda have forced us to keep it.
SJP

Porters Lake, Canada

#24 Jan 26, 2010
All that is true, but the US was happy to support Japan's terror in the rest of Asia before they attacked an American target. That is history, that should be remembered, but not allowed to muddy the present or future. This goes for all involved. We cannot change what has happened, but we are sure as hell responsible for the way we treat each other now.

The bigger problem is allowing China to hold the largest chunk of the US debt. It has been American companies making China the power house it is, so companies can make more money while selling their products to Americans produced in another country for a fraction of the price. I would worry less about japan and what they make, they aren't the ones who spend 50% of their there GDP buying US treasury bills.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#25 Jan 26, 2010
Indeed you are correct.
james

United States

#26 Jan 27, 2010
Your an idiot keep your comments to yourself redneck

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#27 Jan 27, 2010
Fussy fussy....
Vivek Golikeri

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#28 Jan 27, 2010
james wrote:
Your an idiot keep your comments to yourself redneck
Why shouldn't he comment? That's what this forum is for. He's an American citizen like you and me, and has his right to speak. I came to America for freedom of speech as a writer and poet. I love my adopted homeland no matter how much I might criticize ugliness done in it or by it. I may (or may not) agree with his comments, but nobody has a right to tell anyone under the Stars and Stripes not to speak their mind.
Vivek Golikeri

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#29 Jan 27, 2010
Son O Fire wrote:
Look. I was stationed in Japan for four years with the Air Force. While I don't think they fully realize the full extent of the damage their parents and grandparents did, I do believe they know they don't want to travel down that path again and most Japanese wish too work closly with us. In fact, I trust the Japanese more than I do our Canadian neighbors most of the time.
The Japanese walk a fine line when it comes to military invlvement anywhere in the world. If China and Korea continues to grow as a threat, Japan no doubt will change it's peaceful position and rapidly grow into a military power once again.
In closing. punishing Japan for WWII today is pointless, when China, Russia, Jihadi's, and even our own Progressives, pose a bigger and deeper threat.
Domo arrigato!
Exactly. It'd be as wrong and stupid as blaming the young generation of white people today for lynchings, segregation, internment camps, Native boarding schools. Thirty years I have lived in this wonderful country, and guess where the greatest kindness and help has come from? The same folks I used to refer to as "honkies" when I was a teenager in Trinidad.

No-one who suffered through the past ever really forgets it. I lived through racial terror and persecution as a student in Britain, very much what Indian students are enduring in Australia today. Years later, when my father halfway pushed me to come to America, I pretty much expected to get murdered.

The thought of being surrounded by millions of white people all over again gave me the same blood-chilling terror a woman working late at night feels about going out to her car. In that deserted parking lot at midnight, she could encounter a rapist.

Always honor the dead. But instead of wrongly looking for scapegoats today, I seek consolation in the fact that human beings today have learned to treat each other on an entirely different basis.
debby

United States

#30 Jan 27, 2010
counterattack by rothberg.
debby

United States

#31 Jan 27, 2010
Vivek Golikeri wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. It'd be as wrong and stupid as blaming the young generation of white people today for lynchings, segregation, internment camps, Native boarding schools. Thirty years I have lived in this wonderful country, and guess where the greatest kindness and help has come from? The same folks I used to refer to as "honkies" when I was a teenager in Trinidad.
No-one who suffered through the past ever really forgets it. I lived through racial terror and persecution as a student in Britain, very much what Indian students are enduring in Australia today. Years later, when my father halfway pushed me to come to America, I pretty much expected to get murdered.
The thought of being surrounded by millions of white people all over again gave me the same blood-chilling terror a woman working late at night feels about going out to her car. In that deserted parking lot at midnight, she could encounter a rapist.
Always honor the dead. But instead of wrongly looking for scapegoats today, I seek consolation in the fact that human beings today have learned to treat each other on an entirely different basis.
the young generation? you would be wrong for blaming any o/t the guilty.
Vivek Golikeri

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#33 Feb 10, 2010
debby wrote:
<quoted text>the young generation? you would be wrong for blaming any o/t the guilty.
Not really, Debby. The majority of whites back then created the racist society and cultural atmosphere that enabled those barbarities. The culture prepares the crime, and the handful carry it out. The same was true of the enemy side. Japan's young were inculcated with a lot of fascist and ethnocentric rubbish that their Emperor was a god, that they descended from the Sun-Goddess Amaterasu, and that it was Japan's destiny to dominate the world.

Atrocities by Japanese soldiers against, whites, Asians and Polynesians were not simply the fault of the soldiers or even their high command. They were indirectly the fault of that emperor-worshipping society, just as white America of that generation still deserves indirect blame for the mass lynchings.
Stop It

Windsor, Canada

#34 Feb 10, 2010
I don't condone what the Japanese did during WWII, but please put it into perspective.
It pales by comparison
What did the Nazis do to millions of concentration camp victims?
What did the Russians do to millions of their people during the Stalin regime?
How about the mass murders in Ruanda?
Or the genocide killings in Yugoslavia?
Those lynchings in the Southern United States?
Atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
Firebombing of 15 Japanese cities--hundreds of thousands died?
The rape of Nanking?
The ruthless killings of thousands of Spanish civilians during the Spanish Civil War?
Gassing of Kurdish civilians during the Saddam regime?
What did the Russians do to civilians in Afganistan--and now the US and its allies are doing the same thing?
There's lots more!!!

It never ends.

Since: Aug 09

United States

#35 Feb 10, 2010
Vivek Golikeri wrote:
<quoted text>
We do indeed remember lives lost. But how about all the thousands of (black) American lives lost during that same generation when lynching was an epidemic, KKK memberships ran into the multi-millions, and Congress had an uphill battle to pass a simple anti-lynching bill?
Remember the Tuskegee Project, when our government purposely injected blacks with syphillis, and used them as lab rats much as Nazi doctor Josej Mengele did medical experiments on Jewish concentration camp prisoners? Don't forget the boarding schools into which Native children were forcibly put and sometimes molested?
When minorities complain of past atrocities, Archie Bunkers make an irritated face. "Oh, that's all history, now!" But when they want to dig up the past, they wave the Stars and Stripes and crank out grievances that are like King Tut to the present generation.
Don't tell me that you fought for our freedom. Had America won, but Martin Luther King and the civil rights movement never occured, people of color would still be getting kicked like dogs. September 11 was done against our America, whereas Pearl Harbor was done against Archie Bunker's America. When I think of September 11th, I feel mad as hell. But regards Pearl Harbor, the feeling is: "True, but the Japanese were doing the same things to the white oppressor that he did to our relatives and ancestors."
I have absolutely no love for fascists like Tojo or Yamamoto. They got what they deserved in post-war trials and executions. But just as many openly tell blacks or Jews that they are sick and tired of hearing about slavery or the Holocaust, that is the attitude that non-white Americans should adopt regards that ancient Pacific War. Your generation got its revenge by atom-bombing two cities, didn't you? It's OVER.
The criminal U.S. government of the time also put innocent Americans into concentration camps against their will (clear infringement upon their rights and liberties)... simply because they were of Japanese descent.

I wonder, shall we shove all Americans into concentration camps any time a nation attacks the U.S. and these Americans happen to be descendant of that nation's people?

Pure criminality and idiocy.

I wish we could throw those U.S. government agents in jail for infringing upon their liberties.
Vivek Golikeri

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#36 Feb 10, 2010
Latino Italiano wrote:
<quoted text>
The criminal U.S. government of the time also put innocent Americans into concentration camps against their will (clear infringement upon their rights and liberties)... simply because they were of Japanese descent.
I wonder, shall we shove all Americans into concentration camps any time a nation attacks the U.S. and these Americans happen to be descendant of that nation's people?
Pure criminality and idiocy.
I wish we could throw those U.S. government agents in jail for infringing upon their liberties.
I feel the same anger, but blaming the government is an excuse. The real blame lay with the general society, with the bigoted attitude that people of yellow race could never really be Americans. Not even if born and raised here.

That previous poster who said i was wrong to blame anyone other than "the guilty ones" made the same mistake. It was the general culture at the root of the crime.
vladimir zhirinovsky

Marquette, MI

#37 Feb 10, 2010
donkeyman wrote:
<quoted text>spoken like a good little union member.
whats so bad about unions dumbass?
vladimir zhirinovsky

Marquette, MI

#38 Feb 10, 2010
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and itís truly amazing how the south continues to gain the industrial might that other parts of the country use to boast.
newsflash: alot of those toyotas/mazdas/kia riceburners where built IN THE SOUTH! by people who make half the wage of union shops because their stupid enough to work for peanuts.....

yea, companies will relocate their factories in the south because they know you yokels will work for pennies!
Damage Control

United States

#39 Feb 10, 2010
Vance1 wrote:
I shall never forget!!!!!
But many liberals have already forgotten 911
Just liberals? Vance, who started the chain of events in about 1985 +or- that led us to the horrible 9/11 destruction?
The CIA and our special forces saw that whom? and his band of goons got plenty of US training, equipment, and tax dollars.
Toyota pales in comparison of cover-ups. Google bin Laden freedom fighter MAK, and check back on your findings. Please.
Damage Control

United States

#40 Feb 10, 2010
Vance1 wrote:
I shall never forget!!!!!
But many liberals have already forgotten 911
I forgot to add, where was it that the Bush family has made their fortune?
Damage Control

United States

#41 Feb 10, 2010
Vivek Golikeri wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but that's not the point. Who attacked whom? And had the other side gotten the A-bomb first, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out what fascist devils like Hitler and Tojo would have done to us. President Roosevelt began the Manhattan Project because in a letter to him, Albert Einstein warned of evidence that Nazi Germany was possibly working on developing it.
WW Two veterans are absolutely right to get infuriated when ivory tower liberals moan about how sorry we should be about Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Of course, decent people should feel sorry for any innocents who got burned, but that is war. I personally don't give a damn about Pearl Harbor because in those days, the country didn't give a damn about the lives and rights of people who were not white. But when pinkoes make it look as if our side were the monsters, hey wait a minute!
America was very generous toward Germany and Japan in the post-war era. True,cynics can argue that we did so because now we needed them against the Soviets, and there's some truth to that. But compare how we treated them to the way Stalin just walked over Poland and Czechoslovakia!
The Nazis forced us to make the bomb, Japan forced us to use it, and the Cold War and now Al-Qaeda have forced us to keep it.
Yes, and fast forward to about 1985. bin Laden and his armies were trained by our CIA, armed, and moneyed with US tax dollars to fight the Solviet power in the Middle East. We have people on this thread that evidentally will not accept that fact. WE, Regan and Bush created the bin Laden monster.
Revolt

Cold Spring Harbor, NY

#42 Feb 10, 2010
Uhmerikwa - a stinking pile of turd world dung people.
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,859...
Damage Control

United States

#43 Feb 10, 2010
Revolt wrote:
Uhmerikwa - a stinking pile of turd world dung people.
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,859...
Interesting. Sounds like more than a tea party, civil/uncivil war in the states brewing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pearl Harbor Day Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Many experts skeptical Trump's trade threats wi... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Fundiementally ill 2
News Flags at Half-Staff in New City: Pearl Harbor Day (Dec '14) Dec '14 Ace McMillan 3
News Virginia Launches Military Credentialing Websit... (Dec '12) Dec '12 thinking free 2
News 'Kiss' statue installation delayed (Nov '12) Nov '12 snapcracklepop 2
News 9/11: A day to remember, not re-purpose (Oct '12) Oct '12 alan 2
News Norwalk (Oct '12) Oct '12 fukuda 1
News Hillman honored at ceremony (Jan '12) Jan '12 Guysrus 2
More from around the web