Co-defendant in 9-year-old's killing puts gun in Nigel Maitland's hand

Full story: The York Daily Record

After allegedly killing a 9-year-old girl in the 500 block of South Duke Street on Mother's Day 2009, Nigel Maitland and his two companions went to the movies, according to testimony in York County court.
Comments
1 - 20 of 44 Comments Last updated Mar 14, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jamming

Red Lion, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Judged:

what a waste of young lives especially that innocent girl . wake up today's youth stop the stupidity and ignorance.
tim

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Judged:

i guess since he will be someones bitch soon in prison he decided to start now by being a whiny little snitch , that should improve his stature in prison. this youngsters are gonna finally get the attention they so desperately needed and missed at home, the big boys in prison are gonna show these three all kinds of love. good luck boys
potpie9

Camp Hill, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Judged:

and they were just going to turn their lives around and get a job. How many times have you heard that before. This kid shows no remorse for what happed and is now saying someone shot a him first. What a bunch of BS. He should NEVER see the light of day again.
sher

Palmyra, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Judged:

This is so sad! A young girl lost her life! This makes me sick! The kid has no remorse and does not value anybody's life! I hope he is in jail for the rest of his life!
phatdog45

Williamsport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Judged:

hang em
George

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Judged:

sher wrote:
This is so sad! A young girl lost her life! This makes me sick! The kid has no remorse and does not value anybody's life! I hope he is in jail for the rest of his life!
I hope he doesnt stay in for the rest of his life. he should be executed!
Over and Over

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Judged:

And it continues to happen almost every day with these idiot scums of society. This story should be read to every elementary school child (many have no parent(s) to explain to them), with a detailed 'explanation' of the dreadful consequences. If we, in the day, would have heard about these happenings, we would have #hit in our high top white 'Keds' and walked the straight and narrow...but that was just WE dumb arses! I know, put the onus on schools; someone has to do it!
TheJudge

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Judged:

If this scumbag can't receive the death penalty for some idiotic reason, he should be in General Population in prison. Lots of the criminals in there have a problem with child killers.
jkotton

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

what happened to fair fights these dumb lil dudes wanna be killers but dont hit they target took an innocent lil girls life, i aint no angel but if i was ever around any of these dudes im punching lights out period!stop being hoes and knuckle like men then squash it!
PWAY

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Judged:

ALL YOU'LL CAN SAY WHAT YOU WANT BUT IT'S TWO SIDES TO EVERY STORY... NOW IT'S HIS LAWYER TURN TO GET THE TRUTH OUT OF THESES SNITCHES....
smiley

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Judged:

George wrote:
<quoted text>I hope he doesnt stay in for the rest of his life. he should be executed!
Follow the story....they took the death penalty off the table for him.
HotelYorba

Mechanicsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Judged:

OK who cares who the trigger man was, lock these dips up and throw away the key.
truth

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Judged:

I know all 3 of them and know them for years and i wont sit here and defend nigel at all but i will say this was all an accident, yes he should know better and im sure he wouldnt do it this way if he could do it all over. This was an on going thing with BOTH sides of town that got out of hand, the guys on the other side of town are at fault too. Nigel is a real good dude but he just get caught up in the "RIDING" term. Now 1 of his main homies since elementary school is helping get him basically life in jail "skyler-who is a known chump" and the other guy "fernando- who switched his story 40 times" is just a follower who was tagging along so everybody knew he was gonna tell to get him self out.

RIP to ciara...and the rest is in GODS hands.
HotelYorba

Mechanicsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Judged:

truth wrote:
I know all 3 of them and know them for years and i wont sit here and defend nigel at all but i will say this was all an accident, yes he should know better and im sure he wouldnt do it this way if he could do it all over. This was an on going thing with BOTH sides of town that got out of hand, the guys on the other side of town are at fault too. Nigel is a real good dude but he just get caught up in the "RIDING" term. Now 1 of his main homies since elementary school is helping get him basically life in jail "skyler-who is a known chump" and the other guy "fernando- who switched his story 40 times" is just a follower who was tagging along so everybody knew he was gonna tell to get him self out.
RIP to ciara...and the rest is in GODS hands.
No I'm sorry its no accident when you shoot into a crowd of people and then say "I hope I didn't shoot those b!tches". These idiots are filthy animals who had choices and chose to make a choice at the cost of a childs life who should have been able to play outside with her friends without having to be gunned down by a bunch of stupid tards. You defend them by saying this was an accident...thats outrageous and laughable at best...you are a disgrace.
truth

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2011

Judged:

he never called them bitches..thats the testimony of somebody who is trying to get himself out. NOT CREDIBLE
so sad

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2011

Judged:

this is extremely sad for the girls family and friends. people should know better than to shoot into a crowd well they should know better than to shoot at all...i think all of them need life without the possibiliy of parole
CONSIDERATION

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2011

Judged:

FREE NIGEL WE LOVE U!!
HotelYorba

Mechanicsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2011

Judged:

truth wrote:
he never called them bitches..thats the testimony of somebody who is trying to get himself out. NOT CREDIBLE
It doesn't matter what anyone said, because the fact is that their actions killed a an innocent child who didn't have anything to do with their rival gang. Gangs are stupid, pointless and nothing good ever comes out of them. Its sad to say accident or not, if it hadn't been this little girl, it would have been another. Get these heartless and gutless people off the streets so no one else has to pay for their "mistakes". GIVE THEM LIFE-NO PAROLE!
Gangsta

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2011

Judged:

Cause the boyz in the hood are always hard, keep talkin that trash we'll pull your guard.... this is what they be all about yo!! No one is sorry a young innocent bystander DIED. They be gang banga's. Its not youth, it's not the police, it's not the mayor, IT IS BLACK CULTURE. TRUTH. Blacks need to "recognize" there values and what the young generation considers "cool". And for the record... this includes white "gangstas" that think and talk like there black. You're not. Your just a wash up redneck with no identity so you "choose" to act and dress black. Whos involved in a shootout and goes to the movies? Douchebags. LOCK EM ALL UP!! They all had guns for that specific reason and went looking for trouble. Period.
Offended

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2011

Judged:

I feel for the angel's family. I have no feelings for the thugs who took a baby's life because you wanted to shoot at another thug. All of you are wanna be gang members. ALL OF YOU ARE A BUNCH OF COWARDS AND PUNKS!!! I feel like all three of you shot at this baby when you all had the intention of shooting someone else, because you can't fight with your fists. You see Cierra's family won't have the opportunity to see her graduate, go to college, get married and have children. But your families and thug friends can come and see you and talk to you. Mr. Valentino, you are just as guilty as the other two. You are just trying to save your butt. I hate it when the District

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••