Mike Garrigan Benefit at Kopperfields

Mike Garrigan Benefit at Kopperfields

There are 2 comments on the The Brooklyn Daily Eagle story from Dec 19, 2008, titled Mike Garrigan Benefit at Kopperfields. In it, The Brooklyn Daily Eagle reports that:

Mike Garrigan, local Bay Ridge singer/songwriter, was recently treated for heart-related medical problems and is in need of a pacemaker.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brooklyn Daily Eagle.

Jimmy

Jersey City, NJ

#1 Jan 2, 2009
Mike (Beefboy) Garrigan, local Bay Ridge singer/songwriter. Has died at the age of 57. I have no more info. to give at this time, just to say he will be missed.
Ron

Bayonne, NJ

#2 Jan 5, 2009
My heart goes out to Mike's close friends and family.I had only met Mike back around '67-'68.I remember hangin' out in a pizza place called Mike's on 81st/5th ave.The place had a juke box,and on that juke box was a 45 by Mike's band,The Magic Ship!("night time music",and "green Plant"..I'm sorry if I screwed up the titles)We couldn't wait to hear Mike singin'on the damn juke box!How cool was this!We were all happy for Mike.He was a good guy with a whole bunch of talent.By the way the Magic Ship,With Mike on lead vocals did a great version of "summer in the City" It's amazing the things you remember.Thanks for the memories,Mike.
Ron Cas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Luther King Day Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News None of us should buy what Hillary is selling (Apr '06) May '15 TheOriginalDoby 5
News Martin Luther King Day in Twin Cities: What's open (Jan '15) Jan '15 Mpls 15
News Celebrating Martin Luther King's dream in Lenoir (Jan '13) Jan '15 State of Florida 11
News Frozen pipes plague local homes and businesses (Feb '14) Apr '14 Kee Wess Bears 4
News Palin directs "race card" insult to Obama on ML... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Zombie Corpse Rental 6
News Chicago Children's Museum plans King Day play (Jan '14) Jan '14 reality is a cru... 1
News Renowned Gospel Choir To Perform At Newtown Syn... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Sol 1
More from around the web