King celebrated with Day of Service

King celebrated with Day of Service

There are 26 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Jan 19, 2009, titled King celebrated with Day of Service. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Jordan Schrader * [email protected] * published January 20, 2009 12:15 am ASHEVILLE Ten-year-old Sophie and 6-year-old Henry Swift spent this morning running to their neighbors' porches, but they ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Genius

Kernersville, NC

#1 Jan 20, 2009
His day has come and gone, see you all again next year on MLK Day. The colored people will put their guns in a drawer and celebrate in the streets. Once the day has passed, they will return to armed robbery, drug dealing, and homicide.

Since: May 07

Asheville, NC

#2 Jan 20, 2009
The Genius wrote:
His day has come and gone, see you all again next year on MLK Day. The colored people will put their guns in a drawer and celebrate in the streets. Once the day has passed, they will return to armed robbery, drug dealing, and homicide.
Wow..that was racist.

Sgt Rock

Since: Jun 07

Elizabethton, TN

#3 Jan 20, 2009
The Genius wrote:
You're exactly right, just like the Million Man March. It did nothing.

Sgt Rock

Elizabethton, TN

#4 Jan 20, 2009
"Americorps volunteers help the South Asheville Cemetery Association with restoration of the South Asheville African American Cemetery on Dalton Street in Kenilworth on Monday."

Hummn. Why no Blacks helping in the clean up of THEIR cemetery?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#5 Jan 20, 2009
The Genius wrote:
-Mark-

Location hidden

#6 Jan 20, 2009
Sgt Rock wrote:
"Americorps volunteers help the South Asheville Cemetery Association with restoration of the South Asheville African American Cemetery on Dalton Street in Kenilworth on Monday."
You're a tool.

Location hidden

#7 Jan 20, 2009
The Genius wrote:
You're a tool as well.

Asheville, NC

#8 Jan 20, 2009
Sgt Rock wrote:
Soo...you're saying that there are no black people in Americorps? You're freaking ridiculous.

Sgt Rock

Elizabethton, TN

#10 Jan 20, 2009
Sgt Rock wrote:
Soo...you're saying that there are no black people in Americorps? You're freaking ridiculous.

,,and where in my above response do you see that? Moron.

Location hidden

#11 Jan 20, 2009
Sgt Rock wrote:
Sgt Rock wrote:
Well, let's see...You open up by saying "Americorps members volunteer..." Then you end by saying "Why no blacks are helping?"

Can you expand a wee bit there, homey?

Asheville, NC

#12 Jan 20, 2009
Sgt Rock wrote:
Sgt Rock wrote:
Its implied in your comment. You quoted the line that Americorps volunteers helped with the restoration of the cemetary and then said no blacks helped with the clean up. Were you there? Do you know if there were any blacks there? Of course, you werent and you dont. You're just a hateful racist. Americorps has people of every race and they would be mortified I'm sure to have been included in your post.
Barbershop

Spartanburg, SC

#13 Jan 20, 2009
MartinLuther King wasn't nothin but a trouble maker.

Location hidden

#14 Jan 20, 2009
Barbershop wrote:
MartinLuther King wasn't nothin but a trouble maker.
Such class. Would you happen to be a volunteer? Or do you work with the elderly or something? Your manners and historical references are AMAZING!

Tool...

“Never believe generalizations”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#15 Jan 20, 2009
I went to a basketball tournament and cheered for ALL of the players.

Asheville, NC

#18 Jan 20, 2009
unit1073 wrote:
I went to a basketball tournament and cheered for ALL of the players.
Lol...you're so sarcastic sometimes...
Barbershop

Spartanburg, SC

#19 Jan 20, 2009
tarheelborn wrote:
<quoted text>
Such class. Would you happen to be a volunteer? Or do you work with the elderly or something? Your manners and historical references are AMAZING!
Tool...
I knew him and he was a punk, always stirring up trouble. Cheatin on his wife, drinking ripple and smokin weed....trouble I tell ya.

Sgt Rock

Elizabethton, TN

#20 Jan 20, 2009
tarheelborn wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's see...You open up by saying "Americorps members volunteer..." Then you end by saying "Why no blacks are helping?"
Can you expand a wee bit there, homey?
Damn, you're stupid. I "open" with a quote, and then ASK a question. You're comprehension level is obviously VERY low.

Sgt Rock

Elizabethton, TN

#21 Jan 20, 2009
WNCNATIVE wrote:
<quoted text> Its implied in your comment. You quoted the line that Americorps volunteers helped with the restoration of the cemetary and then said no blacks helped with the clean up. Were you there? Do you know if there were any blacks there? Of course, you werent and you dont. You're just a hateful racist. Americorps has people of every race and they would be mortified I'm sure to have been included in your post.
Oh shut up, you retarded thing.

Asheville, NC

#22 Jan 20, 2009
Sgt Rock wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh shut up, you retarded thing.
I'm retarded because I actually make sense. You cant stand that a woman actually has a point of view that differs with yours and isnt afraid to say it. Get over yourself you crotchety old fool. You're a jackazz and everyone here knows it.

Sgt Rock

Elizabethton, TN

#23 Jan 20, 2009
WNCNATIVE wrote:
<quoted text> I'm retarded because I actually make sense. You cant stand that a woman actually has a point of view that differs with yours and isnt afraid to say it. Get over yourself you crotchety old fool. You're a jackazz and everyone here knows it.
Name calling now? LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Martin Luther King Day Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-NAACP leader Dolezal, who allegedly passed f... Oct '16 Porsha Shantay Wa... 3
News Known gang member admits to deadly MLK Day shoo... Aug '16 haha 4
News Use Martin Luther King Day to support same-sex ... (Jan '16) Mar '16 blacksarefilthy 6
News Martin Luther King Day in Connecticut's Litchfi... (Jan '16) Jan '16 LMAO 1
News None of us should buy what Hillary is selling (Apr '06) May '15 TheOriginalDoby 5
News Martin Luther King Day in Twin Cities: What's open (Jan '15) Jan '15 Mpls 15
News Celebrating Martin Luther King's dream in Lenoir (Jan '13) Jan '15 State of Florida 11
More from around the web